• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always going to bother me how, even within Valiant, Ivar is the lowest selling book - yet it's the most unique one on their roster. But oh well. I'm sure we're still going to get our full 25 issues.
We're supposed to get that many? I thought it would be like, 10.
I mean Judas Contract is praised but lets not forget that Deathstroke wanted to kill the male titans and keep Starfire and Raven as sex slaves.

And lets not forget Bane's original plain for batman was to break him and keep as a pet/ sex toy.

I don't remember that part.

But yeah, Judas Contract Slade was super creepy. I don't think anyone forgets that. Identity Crisis just seems like a total disaster. But again, I haven't read it.

Zombine

Banned
Before i start h8ng, was destiny the first mmo youve played at length?

No. I play multiple MMO's regularly. Guild Wars 2, WoW, Neverwinter, ESO, ect. My first ever was unfortunately Sims Online back in 2003. A 26 year old woman tried to pick me up on that game. I was 12.

tim1138

Yeah that was the Spectre killed him at the beginning of Inifnite crisis.

Who the hell recommends Identity Crisis to someone to get them into comics?
Civil War has it flaws, but it wasn't offensive like IC

The American Library Association apparently, way to library guys.

Because it's never Valiant

200w.gif

We're supposed to get that many? I thought it would be like, 10.

Yeah, most Valiant ongoings last for 25 ishs

What are audiences and Dan Didio doing to this beautiful industry? Mystic U and Dark Universe gotta be cancelled now. If Dan Didio gonna hold me down he better get them white folks.

anaron

it's fucked up that this is a thing that can happen multiple days in a row, like, oh, who else have we tacitly allowed to get away with being an irredeemable trash asshole
right? fuck it's so depressing to constantly see when not enough is ever done about it.

Who the hell recommends Identity Crisis to someone to get them into comics? Civil War has it flaws, but it wasn't offensive like IC

I think the mystery/"realism" appeal of the story got to some people, as well as Meltzer being the one to write it (popular author, all that jazz). I picked up the GN a few years after it ended, around the time I started reading comics again.

(I started catching up to stuff I'd missed, so it was that, Infinite Crisis, 52, Civil War, Mighty Avengers, Thunderbolts, Johns' GL/Titans, etc.)

ReAxion

brace yourself for people laughing at and enjoying kate leth's xxx sex crims variant tomorrow if you didn't do so last time.

Bii

Who the hell recommends Identity Crisis to someone to get them into comics? Civil War has it flaws, but it wasn't offensive like IC

Identity Crisis was one of the first trades I bought and read. I was 19, maybe 20 at the time and enjoyed reading it. I'll have to give it a reread because, honestly, I don't remember much of what happens in the book besides Deathstroke wrecking the Justice League.

Bii

brace yourself for people laughing at and enjoying kate leth's xxx sex crims variant tomorrow if you didn't do so last time.

Where can I see this other than purchasing the book itself? I'll probably pick it up anyway since I boight the Bryan Lee O'Malley XXX variant last time.

"Since I started cross fit"

Lol

The old "How do you know if someone does CrossFit? They tell you." saying remains true.

Didn't get the job. So depressed. I bought one of the new big shareable KitKats and ate it all myself. Completely lost interest in pretty much everything lately as well. At least there is wrestling on Sunday, I guess.

http://pastebin.com/BkP8r9m0

text of the Brian Wood newsletter is out

it's a doozy

oh my god

this is amazing

in that Wood is a fucking awful person

he's Humbert Humbert except without any writing talent

I have so much to say, I can't even

Jess Fink tweets that someone was using her tweets to misrepresent what she was saying. The fact that it was Wood was too fucking obvious.

Crossfit shilling. Good god

I like how he never mentions he was basically outed as being a huge creep himself.

to borrow Gillen's style of tweeting
Brian, Wood you go fuck off?

Shaanyboi

Banned
DC all about cancelling the interesting books in favor of more mainline garbage.

Yeah, it's their new mission statement. They even have it emblazoned in gold right above the entrance into their main offices; "We all about cancelling interesting books for mainline garbage."

Come on, the shit wasn't selling. I'm as pissed as anyone but be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom