• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagi

Wood is trying to talk about what Jon Ronson talked about in his book on public shaming, but he's way off track.

I mean the kinda public shaming he's talking about is the only reason people even know of all the skeezy bullshit that happens behind closed doors at these companies. Fuck him, all his creepy creator harassment buddies and the environment that doesn't hold that behavior to the fucking fire.

Hagi

I really enjoyed his run on Conan but seriously
tumblr_nsfht3hAfR1tsuuvno1_540.gif

MG310

Hey guys IGN rated X-Men #1 a 10 so how bad can the run be?

The sisterhood revived Madelyne Pryor and Selene! This is a big deal after the runaway hits that were Necrosha and that Maddie-led Sisterhood of Mutants arc by Greg Land.

Storm (to Maddie) "Girl, you know how this is going to go"

Maddie "Yup" *walks away*

Boogiepop

Oh man. Today the monster order of like 4 boxes (3 big one small) of manga that was like probably the equivalent of 70 or so volumes (10 of Gundam the Origin and like nine Vizbigs of Vagabond get it to about 50 alone) arrived today, along with the Lucina figma, and a copy of Super Mario Maker (which I probably won't get to play today but oh well). That was a LOT of stuff.

Crossfit is the #1 trending topic right now.

I was having dinner at Chili's a few weeks ago and there was a crossfit competition on one of the TVs. It was....something.

Oh man. Today the monster order of like 4 boxes (3 big one small) of manga that was like probably the equivalent of 70 or so volumes (10 of Gundam the Origin and like nine Vizbigs of Vagabond get it to about 50 alone) arrived today, along with the Lucina figma, and a copy of Super Mario Maker (which I probably won't get to play today but oh well). That was a LOT of stuff.

Welcome to BallerGAF.

That's a lot of fucking manga.

I don't know what crossfit is, really, but it sounds bogus as fuck, especially when I know a who is into it, yet has a beer belly and chews tobacco.

Zombine

Banned
I don't know what crossfit is, really, but it sounds bogus as fuck, especially when I know a who is into it, yet has a beer belly and chews tobacco.

It's so bogus, the only thing I've noticed is that it's a thing manlets do. Like, everyone who tells me they do it are these really vascular shrimpy lookin dudes. They're like "bro I jumped like 12 blocks it was so spiritual" and I'm like "whatever."

Vibranium

Banned
Crossfit talk now? I just run and cycle, no gym for me!

So about those comic books:

I cannot wait for Warren Ellis' James Bond book. It's gonna be so good.

Boogiepop

Welcome to BallerGAF.

That's a lot of fucking manga.

Yup. Even managed to get it on the shelves! I'm actually really damn close to being "caught up" with US manga releases where I'll just be picking stuff up as it comes out. Which certainly took long enough, as I have like 1800 volumes, and that's ignoring all my Japanese language stuff and American comics.

Also, reading Hellblazer volume 7, the
40th birthday
issue was really, really great.

Afrodium

Banned
Woah, Astro City is really good.

What should I pick up in this Comixology sale? Everything isn't really an option. Already picked up the first 6.

The De Campi story (among other things) in my mind reaffirms that a Batman/Wonder Woman series is not happening anytime soon, or will be awful tie-in crossover garbage if it does happen soon.

Also, Prez #4 has artwork by a fill-in artist and I want to know why.

Woah, Astro City is really good.

What should I pick up in this Comixology sale? Everything isn't really an option. Already picked up the first 6.

It's the best.

Pick up the next 23 issues. (vol 2).

Or Local Heroes if you want something smaller. You can skip Dark Age for now.

Edit: Local Heroes can be read as a stand alone, btw.

VanWinkle

I was thinking about buying some Valiant trades to get into their stuff, but holy poop, their trades are only 112 pages long!! That's crazy short. They're not really much cheaper than DC's, either.

I'm more curious as to why they haven't cancelled it outright, yet. They seem to be rather quick to push the button on everythimg else.
I don't think it was ever conceived as an ongoing in the first place, so maybe they're more committed to seeing that through than something more open-ended.

Even though Omega Men could end at #12 and that would be fine, by the writer's own words.

Hard to say.

I don't think it was ever conceived as an ongoing in the first place, so maybe they're more committed to seeing that through than something more open-ended.

Even though Omega Men could end at #12 and that would be fine, by the writer's own words.

Hard to say.

Omega Men was cut down to 7 issues. DC has proven at this point that they're purely about the money, though I sense WB's hand in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom