• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Let me tell you in on something some people do when it comes to comics Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb worked on together; some just treat it as a Tim Sale book and deny Jeph Loeb ever worked on it.
It's by Tim Sale, it'll be good; get it~
You'll thank us later :3

Speaking of which Spiderman Blue is due for a re-read, Marvel should do an omnibus/hc of Sale's color-titled books if they haven't already.

Jeph Loeb & Tim Sale: Yellow, Blue and Gray https://www.amazon.com/dp/0785188312/?tag=neogaf0e-20

:D

I'll be your friend

I'm at work so no comics till I get off tonight

Yay! Hopefully you're cool. You have a black and white cartoon avatar so probably yes.

We are a community now. We do still post lists BTW. Do you like waffles or pancakes, you need to be filed in one of my lists.

Hash browns.

Love Outcast. They stealth released the first hardcover on the Skybound website as an exclusive.

Neat! I'm sure I'd enjoy it but I only double down on my favorites ever. Like Rat Queens, Rachel Rising and Sweet Tooth if they ever collect that one all pretty like.

Outcast is rad, though, yeah. I am enjoying piecing together what is going on along side the protagonists. And it's spooky and creepy and deals with possession which is just inherently interesting but often done poorly.

Zombine

Banned
Yay! Hopefully you're cool. You have a black and white cartoon avatar so probably yes.

Hash browns.

Neat! I'm sure I'd enjoy it but I only double down on my favorites ever. Like Rat Queens, Rachel Rising and Sweet Tooth if they ever collect that one all pretty like.

Outcast is rad, though, yeah. I am enjoying piecing together what is going on along side the protagonists. And it's spooky and creepy and deals with possession which is just inherently interesting but often done poorly.

You can definitely tell that Outcast is Kirkman's baby. Dude grew up catholic and really digs possession and demons and shit.

Y'all don't do Wednesday lists anymore? Awe. And what's with all the video game talk? That's even worse than the econo dollars for pages discussions.

Welcome to modern VideoGameComicsGAF.

:D

sYvKShZ.gif

You can definitely tell that Outcast is Kirkman's baby. Dude grew up catholic and really digs possession and demons and shit.

Speaking of Kirkman. Holy shit! Today's issue is the
reboot
issue!

It also makes me want crisps, but I bought what I thought was a multi-pack today and it turned out to be one big bag. Didn't realise it until I opened them, now I'm afraid the rest of the bag will go stale.

The only solution is to eat them all. And buy a big bottle of cola to wash it all down.

While I don't like what they did to his back story, you can tell there's really some talent working on Martian Manhunter. Today's issue was really good.
dat foreshadowing

Messi

Hash browns.

I like hash Browns. Be careful Tyrant likes anime.

Owzers

Trump Alert:

CNN Trump Debate tonight at 8pm est. Children's debate is on now, they sang the national anthem beforehand, because.

Owzers

At least no one of them appeared with a self build clock.
Smh, america really seems like a fucking awful place sometimes.

That's why we need President Trump to make america great again. I'm disappointed that the main debate has 11 people, this 4 person kid's debate is better paced with getting to see non-trumps talk.

I find it odd that there isn't a deluxe edition for Astro City yet, seems like a fairly popular book and it's all basic editions. If i buy some of these digital issues an omnibus will be announced tomorrow.

If you do find the older hardcovers, they are pretty awesome. They are not oversized but have cloth covers, bookmark ribbons and gorgeous wraparound dust-jacket art by Alex Ross.

I just received the second one. Trying to track down the rest.

Aizo

Banned
Does anyone have Halloween related comic recommendations? It could be Horror, like Wytches, or Halloween themed, like Halloween Eve.

Aizo

Banned
Manga is a great deal IMO, you get 300 pages of story and when you're done it's a coloring book.
Do many of you actually dislike manga? I'm sure every person that likes Western comics could find Japanese comics that they like, just as the inverse is also true. It's not all crap like Bleach and Naruto—there are really great comics, like Otoyomegatari, Sanctuary, Parasyte, Homunculus, Vinland Saga, Eden: It's an Endless World, Me and the Devil Blues, Berserk, Vagabond, and Solanin.

If anyone wants to find a manga that they might like, they can PM me about what they usually like. Seems that some people think that if they like one kind of comic, they can't like the other. Just like Western comics, there are series ranging from Action and Adventure to Sports, Law, Politics, History, and just about anything you might want.

Messi

Sean Murphy might be the actual biblical God

He does some fantastic art.

Remender gets to work with some incredibly good artists. Wes Craig on Deadly Class, Matteo Scalera on Black Science, Greg Tocchini on Low, Sean Murphy on Tokyo Ghost. Every one of those books has a really unique look that really adds to the atmosphere.

Hagi

Do many of you actually dislike manga? I'm sure every person that likes Western comics could find Japanese comics that they like, just as the inverse is also true. It's not all crap like Bleach and Naruto—there are really great comics, like Otoyomegatari, Sanctuary, Parasyte, Homunculus, Vinland Saga, Eden: It's an Endless World, Me and the Devil Blues, Berserk, Vagabond, and Solanin.

If anyone wants to find a manga that they might like, they can PM me about what they usually like. Seems that some people think that if they like one kind of comic, they can't like the other. Just like Western comics, there are series ranging from Action and Adventure to Sports, Law, Politics, History, and just about anything you might want.

There's some manga reading going on in here. I for one read more manga than comics and I know a few others dip in and out. Freeza is like the only person keeping figuregaf alive lol We joke about a lot of things except Valiant, that shit is the devils comics.

Downloading Tokyo Ghost right now, looking forward to it.

Owzers

If i could i'd make it illegal to buy Manga, you'd have to get it off street corners looking over your shoulder.

Messi

Are there ones about love?

I am being 100% serious right now.

I'd say that a lot of us read at least a little. I used to be huge into it, less so now though.

Most of the animosity is joking, playing into the "feud."

(It's also a reaction to some of the more... Japanocentric gaffers very real attitudes towards comics.)

Are there ones about love?

I am being 100% serious right now.

Do you mean something in the regular romance vein, with a happy ending? The tropes in a majority of them get rather frustrating pretty quickly to be honest.

If you want to read something good, I would suggest Solanin and Honey & Clover.

Bii

Hey, I like Bleach and Naruto! >:/

I have no interest, personally. There's more than enough stuff in western comics for me. There's no niche of my interests it doesn't fill, really. Anything that doesn't have a fantastical element in any medium generally bores me to tears (Sunstone is the only real exception to this, even Life is Strange has time travel) and the only shonen I like is DBZ, because I grew up with it so I'm inclined to be more forgiving. I also have real trouble with the right-to-left style after 25 years of reading western comics.

I'd say that a lot of us read at least a little. I used to be huge into it, less so now though.

Most of the animosity is joking, playing into the "feud."

(It's also a reaction to some of the more... Japanocentric gaffers very real attitudes towards comics.)

The bolded definitely plays a part too, plus I deal with it IRL all the time. If it's not manga and anime, it's American TV dramas.

Squire

Banned
Messi might like Nana. It's s rom-dram
with girl love subtext

I've only seen the anime, which unfortunately only covers half the story so far, but it's one of my favorite shows. The manga itself is actually incomplete and has been on hiatus for years, but all the volumes released so far are translated and up in CMX. The mangaka is very fashion conscious, so everyone changes outfits constantly and has their own sense of style. Great, great art.

Messi

Do you mean something in the regular romance vein, with a happy ending? The tropes in a majority of them get rather frustrating pretty quickly to be honest.

If you want to read something good, I would suggest Solanin and Honey & Clover.

I want to read something where two girls/guys like each other very much. Or a guy and a girl I don't mind. It doesnt have to be sex related.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

It's definitely not for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom