• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vibranium

Banned
i was totally not on board with Winter Soldier despite sticking with it for ten issues, probably should have let it go after the second. I wouldn't even accuse it of being anything other than swirly and not for me.

Should have left it go after the first issue. I'm a huge WS fan so I feel obligated to read it, it's almost as tough to understand as the Burroughs-verse in Zero. I just hope Kot hasn't soured Marvel on Bucky as a solo character, because classic espionage is perfect, it just needs the proper team.

Thankfully Wolf is pretty damn good so far.

So Invinicible looks pretty fun, I don't have a problem going back to the start I guess. I'd imagine it will take events and completely go nuts. And Rex Splode is back!

I'm looking forward to it. Mark gets to
re-live the past still knowing what he knows.
If he's smart, he'll go for Dupli-Kate this time. Think of the possibilities.

Ok, back to mgs5. So i'm in africa now. The heck is this about not fultoning child soldiers?
Also why be dudes suddenly able to go exclamation mark on me from longer ranges?
Could at least have the decency to get closer faster to check.

To most of these people, Valiant doesn't even exist yet m8

Which is why i'm arguing that you should've gotten the dude some A&A or whatever other book she pops up in (just not eternal warrior because the less gillad in the world, the better), not the book that will remove the character from play

We care about a lot of things more than we care about Valiant, tbpf.

:D

That's untrue. Few things match the care with which comigaf actively ostracizes Valiant.

Oh man, my shop had copies of Battling Boy signed by Paul Pope. I bought one for myself :eek:

I know you're jealous frye

That book so needs to get a sequel already. And a film.

Which is why i'm arguing that you should've gotten the dude some A&A or whatever other book she pops up in (just not eternal warrior because the less gillad in the world, the better), not the book that will remove the character from play

He was interested in the art.

And my point was many people in THIS community haven't read The Valiant.

Zombine

Banned
TG1.2-3.jpg

Well poop, now i gotta check out tokyo ghost.

He was interested in the art.

And my point was many people in THIS community haven't read The Valiant.

And look at how far praising valiant got you. No no, mate. You're using the wrong approach.

Valiant is too good for comigaf. Even if they read it, they wouldn't get it. they wouldn't get what's so good about it. it's beyond them. heck, most of them never heard of it. Valiant aint part of the lamestream media, after all.

And look at how far praising valiant got you. No no, mate. You're using the wrong approach.

Valiant is too good for comigaf. Even if they read it, they wouldn't get it. they wouldn't get what's so good about it. it's beyond them. heck, most of them never heard of it. Valiant aint part of the lamestream media, after all.

tumblr_inline_mzo4a2pPrV1rd1nmh.gif

Ponn

Banned
So I have several volumes of digital comics and singles I have bought through kindle/amazon on sale but read them on my transformer tablet computer but i'm not really happy using that. I'm browsing Amazon today and noticed all the new devices they announced and one of them is this $50 Fire 7 inch tablet It's an IPS display, and i'm just assuming but i'm figuring it should be better for reading comics digitally at least native with built in app. I have quite a few kindle books as well and I kind of been wanting a kindle for awhile for just reading but now i'm thinking of getting this for book and comics at a great price. I also see they do have a Comixology app for their kindle fire tablets as well.

frye

tumblr_nuunlruePs1qdmrf4o2_540.jpg

Pope is that dude

It's a pretty good comic despite the fact that it doesn't end so much as stop (and the 2nd volume is apparently never coming out :battlingboy:)

but i'm still annoyed at how small it is because this is a book that would be sooo much better oversized

It's a pretty good comic despite the fact that it doesn't end so much as stop (and the 2nd volume is apparently never coming out :battlingboy:)

but i'm still annoyed at how small it is because this is a book that would be sooo much better oversized

Yeah it is pretty tiny :/ Shame to hear about the lack of ending too.

I'll probably start tonight.

He asked me where it was from and he looked it up.

Hey, it's as good a place as any to start.

Also, sidenote, I'd forgotten I actually did meet a cute girl today lol

#TeamValiantStaysWinning
launchpad - the only person who'd remember being able to pimp a comic book (a Valiant comic, too) over meeting a cute girl
COMICS! |OT| October 2015. We care more about your love life than we do about Valiant

^that's a big spoiler m8
Nice, now i don't have to waste my time reading it!

frye

i was actually reading those valiant comics but stopped because all the reading lists said to read bloodshot but there's no bloodshot in that group bundle

i figured i'd wait until the 2nd bundle but there's no second bundle

what now

i was actually reading those valiant comics but stopped because all the reading lists said to read bloodshot but there's no bloodshot in that group bundle

what now

Skip Bloodshot. Honestly not worth getting hung up on. It's a good series and not much more. Reborn, on the other hand, is Lemire's best work. You only need a cursory knowledge of the character to read that.

what now

Just skip it and move on. Not really that important in the grand scheme of things if it's holding you up.

XOXO Mango Wars 10 - Prologue to Planet Death 2

y'know

that ending was such a simple trick to pull, but i don't quite believe i'd ever seen in done at the very prelude to the story. very nice red herring

We're just teasing. We are friendly and not judgmental.

Edit:

:D

Idontbelieveyou.gif

XOXO Mango Wars 10 - Prologue to Planet Death 2

y'know

that ending was such a simple trick to pull, but i don't quite believe i'd ever seen in done at the very prelude to the story. very nice red herring

I picked up the trade from my shelf to flip through but I'm not sure what you're talking about

Lol I'm sorry but the delivery of that post was great.

I've already said I've read and liked Rai. Haven't read anything else but eventually.

grumble grumble

Just finished Prez #4. Man this book is so good. It's getting pretty heavy. I know it's satire, but this book is telling it like it is.

Idontbelieveyou.gif

tumblr_mkmipvUcxH1s9s0bdo1_500.gif

It's 4:39am

I can't sleep. Way over thinking mistakes I made with a girl many moons ago.

Don't waste time thinking about stuff like that, brah. If you made different choices, you'd be a different person sitting here thinking about something else instead. And probably not a ComicGAFer so you'd already be less cool. Consider the future, not the past.

Guys guys guys

feature-6pack._V310906438_.jpg

Now we can do sillymonkeys idea of binding tablets together like a book. Goodbye print comics.

It's 4:39am

I can't sleep. Way over thinking mistakes I made with a girl many moons ago.

tumblr_mq8vymgWqj1rme9p8o4_250.gif

I hate my life sometimes

I'm not sure what the circumstances are, so I'm hoping I'm reading this situation right, but it's no use dwelling on mistakes. We only focus on the mistakes because they're the ones that trip us up the most, but I'm sure you get a lot of things right when it comes to relationships. So, just relax, remember you're an awesome dude, and take these things as they come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom