• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yeah. That's because kof13 was better.

Problem is that I was expecting a 3d conversion along the lines of Guilty Gear Xrd, and i'd guess the same goes for Most People.

Instead we get Maximum Impact 3

Hagi

Ayyyy

But I did enjoy KOF13 more than SF4. Weird things happen when SNK goes 3D, though, so I am somewhat weary.

I was never really into KOF, Samurai Showdown was my thing as far as SNK goes. SF5 looks amazing I'm loving everything I read about it. I'll probably play the new Gundam Vs game more than anything next year though.

Well, yeah. That's because kof13 was better.

Problem is that I was expecting a 3d conversion along the lines of Guilty Gear Xrd, and i'd guess the same goes for Most People.

Instead we get Maximum Impact 3

Oh. I missed the part where it was actually 3D in that way. Lol. Damn. Yes, I assumed it would be 2.5D

I was never really into KOF, Samurai Showdown was my thing as far as SNK goes. SF5 looks amazing I'm loving everything I read about it. I'll probably play the new Gundam Vs game more than anything next year though.

I got into it because of CvS2. Played some 99, XI, and XIII. XIII was really friggin good.

I'm also a fan of those Gundam Vs. games. I remember playing the hell out of them on PSP in highschool. Had a few friends, and they would 3v1 me and I would win pretty often. They're not the pinnacle of fighting game mechanics, but they're fun

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So I finally felt good enough to read some comics last night and I continued this 4-part Hellblazer story by Jamie Delano about this serial killer and it's SO GOOD. Had me genuinely creeped out at one point. Delano's Hellblazer is so excellent.

Edit: Fighting game talk? Aw yes.

personally I'm waiting for the true next gen fighter Dive Kick 2

Haha yes. My man.

This can't be real. KoF13 was great because it kept the typical sprite-style graphics. That's where SFIV failed massively. Disgusting 3D graphics.

Doesn't really matter. In the end, for me it's Third Strike for life.

Yeah, I'm just going to go back to CvS2

Oooor you could give the Last Blade series a spin. And kof98. And kof2k2.
Y'know, good games.

(last blade is unbalanced af tho)

This can't be real. KoF13 was great because it kept the typical sprite-style graphics. That's where SFIV failed massively. Disgusting 3D graphics.

Doesn't really matter. In the end, for me it's Third Strike for life.

One of the defining moments in my fighting game life was finally having a go at Third Strike (which was my first and only SFIII) for the first time in, i dunno, 2007, fooling around with it a bit and going "what. they released this... in 99? WAT. Like, how freaking ahead of the curve WAS capcom?"

was some "microsoft created tablets in 2000" level stuff.

Then again, snk did garou in 99 too, so what-evah, snk stays bestest

was it good? I'm checking it on tuesday, pretty excited tbh. dude looks like he's stealing scenes.

and he was on track to be lex luthor in burton's superman I think.
The movie is really good. Depp is a lunatic that makes your skin crawl every time he's having a conversation with someone. That dinner scene you see in the trailer is exactly how he is throughout the movie.

Edit: And Benedict Cumberbatch can do a convincing Boston accent. Who knew.

Did he delete all his tweets? Also them replies.........

No way. What we've seen so far can't even touch MI's style (which I actually thought was great).
Blue Mary agrees with you, fam.
Ed0fh.jpg

It's a real shame that DH doesn't release single issues on Comixology. I'm just gonna wait for the second trade to come out.

Also read the first 20ish pages of Battling Boy. Seems cool so far! Pope's the man. The way his art just flows is great, I love how he draws explosions. I really dig how he does text effects too. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite artists from my limited exposure to his work. Not much to really say on the story so far but I am interested to learn more. Too tired to read right now though.

I've only read one work of his (Escapo) but I really liked the lettering and the art in it. I think I posted a couple of images I found, let me try to find them again.

Edit:

I've only read one work of his (Escapo) but I really liked the lettering and the art in it. I think I posted a couple of images I found, let me try to find them again.

Edit:

I remember you posting this before. I normally don't pay much attention to lettering or text effects but he's damn good at them.

Zombine

Banned
Will someone please send me a gift basket? I like little soaps and individually wrapped American chocolate in seasonal shapes.

Owzers

Best cheese is Spanish cheese.

i thought there was only "cheese" and "American cheese". DCBS shipment arrives today but i still have this stupid head cold and don't feel like reading anything i could sneeze on, digital only right now.

and yes that happened once.

KoF 98, 98 UM, 02 UM and XIII are on Steam.
Get them when they're on sale.
I'm good bruh. I got my KoFs for now. Plus I'm not on Steam
Yeah, I'm just going to go back to CvS2

This is true love we're making...
I respect that
Hooooooly shit
tumblr_m5klrfJJFp1ql1tbw.gif

Blue Mary agrees with you, fam.

Now true Blue Mary on the other hand...

Busaiku

Ok, I gave Mr. Stegman the benefit of the doubt based on Superior Spider-Man covers, but Uncanny Avengers looks just as horrible inside.

ReAxion

as a child he could replicate comic art without tracing, but as a man, he became more transparent than the medium he didnt need to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom