• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanWinkle

As much as I enjoy standard issue Bat-stories, where he's just Batman doing his Bat-thing, my all-time favorites are generally where's acting as you described, as the father to the family, and the family acting as... a family.

Kipp gets what I'm talking about. Lil' Gotham, anyone?

I love those, too.

Aw that makes me sad because I'm such a huge fan of the character. But I understand. He is a very serious character. I guess he kind of feels like a father to the bat family and that's a lot of responsibility.

I will say that Mr. Bloom is already my favorite Batman villain.

Holy shit, apparently Omega Men is getting its full twelve issue run after all because of fan feedback

VICTORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Told y'all it would work.

I was never a huge DC fan. I mean, it's only within the past five years or so that I really started reading DC books.

Fair 'nuff. I got raised on BTAS, so I guess I've always had some of them kicking around, even before I started reading the books.

Fair 'nuff. I got raised on BTAS, so I guess I've always had some of them kicking around, even before I started reading the books.

I liked it when I was a kid, but I was more into Batman Beyond (or Batman of the Future as it was called here) when that was on. I appreciated BTAS a lot more when I got the DVDs a few years back. It was really ahead of its' time.

Honestly though, when I babysit and they watch TV, I think cartoons are generally better now than the ones of the 80s and 90s. The only thing missing is better action series, I think, but it always seemed to me even when I was a kid that there were way more shows for boys only, now it seems more even. Maybe that's better, I dunno.

We did it fam :mjcry:

I am literally singing right now. I'm overjoyed, I'm laughing, I'm crying.

I liked it when I was a kid, but I was more into Batman Beyond (or Batman of the Future as it was called here) when that was on. I appreciated BTAS a lot more when I got the DVDs a few years back. It was really ahead of its' time.

Honestly though, when I babysit and they watch TV, I think cartoons are generally better now than the ones of the 80s and 90s. The only thing missing is better action series, I think, but it always seemed to me even when I was a kid that there were way more shows for boys only, now it seems more even. Maybe that's better, I dunno.

I don't watch many cartoons nowadays, but you're probably right. Aside from the dearth of action cartoons, quality has generally gone up. Stuff from the 80's gets a lot of play, but it was generally pretty bad.

And yeah, Beyond was the shit.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
As much as I enjoy standard issue Bat-stories, where he's just Batman doing his Bat-thing, my all-time favorites are generally where's acting as you described, as the father to the family, and the family acting as... a family.

Kipp gets what I'm talking about. Lil' Gotham, anyone?

Yes. So much agreement.

tim1138

Rumors of a Booster/Beetle buddy cop movie in development, Bill Finger getting credit, and Omega Men getting saved. DC did alright today.

Owzers

DCBS order arrived, Walking Dead #146 time!

ughhhhhhh that is the worst dialog Kirkman's written in awhile, the exchange between
Rick and Maggie embarrassed me for having read it.
Really did not like this issue, i'm sure things will pick up again but the writing killed it. Random YOU"VE SNAPPED RICK!/10

Also that close-up one liner end page thing Kirkman likes to do fell flat.

Welp, sed fook eet, got a +25 trainer and got all the gmp and resources i wanted + instant build times.

My god
like, my freaking god

why the fuck did they lock so much content behind grindy bullshit?

you still gotta capture personnel and stuff to level up your base, so content remains gated by progression just fine, but deaaar god

like, my r&d is lvl 30. to dev everything up to that level, it took 30 million gmp, and gods only know how many real life hours that woulda taken, since it turns out you can only dev 8-10 projects at the same time.
"well, but why would you wanna do that?"
because you've weapon customization unlocked, son, and all those parts? all those delicious, delicious weapon parts? you got them all to play around with.

game just became an insane toybox now. all the crappy parts? gone. Well, except for the helo ride when deploying. can't quite seem to get around that.

shoulda done this such a long time ago.

Messi

CPOOFy1U8AEtLin

:,)

Welp, sed fook eet, got a +25 trainer and got all the gmp and resources i wanted + instant build times.

My god
like, my freaking god

why the fuck did they lock so much content behind grindy bullshit?

you still gotta capture personnel and stuff to level up your base, so content remains gated by progression just fine, but deaaar god

like, my r&d is lvl 30. to dev everything up to that level, it took 30 million gmp, and gods only know how many real life hours that woulda taken, since it turns out you can only dev 8-10 projects at the same time.
"well, but why would you wanna do that?"
because you've weapon customization unlocked, son, and all those parts? all those delicious, delicious weapon parts? you got them all to play around with.

game just became an insane toybox now. all the crappy parts? gone. Well, except for the helo ride when deploying. can't quite seem to get around that.

shoulda done this such a long time ago.

30 hours, 25% through the story

I'm pretty sure I'm done with the single-player tbh. I am mad excited for MGO, though.

Why would you cheat in a modern single-player game? Unless there's microtransactions so you can buy more nanomachines or something.

I kind of feel like using the scrap collectors in Mad Max is cheating, but I've built them now so whatever. Feels weird getting like 500 scrap every time I boot the game, it's like a mobile game I haven't logged into for awhile or something.

Hagi

Why would you cheat in a modern single-player game? Unless there's microtransactions so you can buy more nanomachines or something.

I kind of feel like using the scrap collectors in Mad Max is cheating, but I've built them now so whatever. Feels weird getting like 500 scrap every time I boot the game, it's like a mobile game I haven't logged into for awhile or something.

Well I mean when your game is tailored around a shitty mobile game style equipment progression system then go wild with that cheat engine. I wish I had bought MGSV on the PC so I could bypass that crap for a second run through.

Owzers

That's what I'm gonna do, not gonna lie. I'll enjoy it in two years.

same....but i still may end up skipping the trade. :/ :p

I think i'm about done with Elder Scrolls Online, level 15, feels like i'm just playing it t play it right now and the fun of the open world is ending due to the meandering quests.

I forgot FIFA comes out this week.

My GameStop had a poster up today saying "OUT NOW".

It was not out now, which is annoying because I actually might buy it this year. I really enjoyed what I played of the demo, plus I have to be able to play and beat my nephews at FIFA to hold onto what remains of my youth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom