• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

First Tom Brady is freed, next will be Hillary, and finally dcbs will update. Scary world we live in. I'm glad Brady's suspension was overturned, that was bull.

Boogiepop

It appears... that I have done the stupid. I was reorganizing my stuff, and I found that I had two copies of Ms Marvel vol. #3, and I just must not have read the one that arrived first. Welp. I'm guessing it's a result of adding things to my IST cart from the newly released section and not deleting it from my wishlist instead? Either way, bleh. At least it's not a hugely expensive mistake that I made. Guess I'll give it to a friend who may or may not significantly appreciate it, or something.

Tizoc

I swear, Batman must be the most miserable popular character in comics today.

Can you blame him? His parents are dead, he has a crazy clown as a stalker, his ex girlfriend won't be satisfied til she destroys the world and pins the blame on him.

Can you blame him? His parents are dead, he has a crazy clown as a stalker, his ex girlfriend won't be satisfied til she destroys the world and pins the blame on him.
Oh I don't blame him, I blame DC and Warner Bros.

EDIT: I mean look at this guy.

super-friends5.jpg

SUPERMAN: "This is gonna be great, kids!"
WONDER WOMAN: "Adventure awaits children, hola!"
BATMAN: "I remember the time my parents took me to an amusement park. It was shortly before they were gunned down in an alley before my innocent eyes. I hate crime."

ReAxion

BATMAN: "I remember the time my parents took me to an amusement park. It was shortly before they were gunned down in an alley before my innocent eyes. I hate crime."

lol

Owzers

Brady's suspension was ridiculous to begin with, it would be like having the power to suspend a guy in the NBA a quarter of a season for flopping in the playoffs. "well, flopping is against the rules and we are pretty sure you flopped even though there was contact"

Oh man. Picked up Justice League Dark volume 6 last week. Reading it right now.

Boy is it just not good.
What? Dude's gonna write Iron Man. Sadly those days don't look like they coming back.
I think Iron Man will be good. I mean, after the events preceding Secret Wars, he has no company since Pepper owns it. Superior Tony was a huge asshole who isolated himself. Feels like it's a Tony that has to build himself back up again. At least somewhat. I'm optimistic. I'll probably even read it, since I like Bendis.
Nope. Last thing was X-Force.

Which was godlike

Ninjak is a better character than Batman. Being raised by an asshole butler where they were constantly trying to kill each other just made him an arrogant, yet lovable, prick.

Ninjak is a better character than Batman. Being raised by an asshole butler where they were constantly trying to kill each other just made him an arrogant, yet lovable, prick.

I still don't know what this is but apparently my five year old and four year old cousins love it.

Oh no, wait, that Ninjago apparently.

The Valiant shilling has finally reached critical mass. Pretty soon you'll be wearing a suit of X-O Manowar armor made out of cardboard full time, wandering the streets scaring passerby as you desperately try to make them buy into one of the multitude of cut-rate Valiant bundles because they can't sell anything at full price.

Were you guys around in the 90s? I knew who Ninjak was when I was 5 years old.

The Valiant shilling has finally reached critical mass. Pretty soon you'll be wearing a suit of X-O Manowar armor made out of cardboard full time, wandering the streets scaring passerby as you desperately try to make them buy into one of the multitude of cut-rate Valiant bundles because they can't sell anything at full price.

Take it easy m8, y'all the ones making this about shilling Valiant. I was just stating something.

Is there any other way to read shonen?

Well, yeah. Obviously. But that has more to do with Batman being The Boring.
Where's the ninjak origin story?

Yah lol that's true.

It's kind of interspersed in the Ninjak ongoing. Legit, one of the best bits of it. I love how he keeps trying to murder his butler; I'm wondering if he ever succeeds.

Batman is the worst. A rich guy with rich guy toys beating up poor people, who often have no recourse given the continuously shitty state of Gotham, committing crimes whose punishments are designed to hurt the poor the most and protect the assets of the rich. He's just doing what any other rich white guy in Gotham wants to do, beat up poor people.

And then he keeps taking the same super criminals to the same asylum expecting things to be different every time. If you really wanted to fight crime you'd do it by attacking the root cause of scarcity.

What I really want to say is this:

The Killing Joke sucks. Go Spider-Man

I've reached a point with ol' Bruce where I don't like him, but all of his supporting characters are far more interesting to me. Which is good, because they've all gone on to their own stuff (for the most part).

What i find particularly interesting about the character is how "he studied the criminal element to understand that they're a superstitious lot, which is why he then dresses as a bat and the like".

Y'know, im pretty sure that if you cripple and maim people at random without due process for a long enough time, with the city's blessing, they gonna shit their pants when they hear about you, costume or no costume.

I've reached a point with ol' Bruce where I don't like him, but all of his supporting characters are far more interesting to me. Which is good, because they've all gone on to their own stuff (for the most part).

We should still have DickBats. Bring Bruce back was a mistake.

We should still have DickBats. Bring Bruce back was a mistake.

Dick should remain Dick. Making him Batman, in a way, was a mistake. It undermines him finally becoming his own hero, I think. Even if his run was really good (which I've only heard, since I've never read any of it).

VanWinkle

Dick should remain Dick. Making him Batman, in a way, was a mistake. It undermines him finally becoming his own hero, I think. Even if his run was really good (which I've only heard, since I've never read any of it).

You haven't read Black Mirror? You should. It's really good.

Would've been interesting to bring Bruce back, but force him into a tactical commander role because his body can't keep it up anymore and allathat. Move the story towards Beyond a bit.

Yes. That would have been awesome. Plus, Dick and Damian were the best B&R team.

Batman is the worst. A rich guy with rich guy toys beating up poor people, who often have no recourse given the continuously shitty state of Gotham, committing crimes whose punishments are designed to hurt the poor the most and protect the assets of the rich. He's just doing what any other rich white guy in Gotham wants to do, beat up poor people.

And then he keeps taking the same super criminals to the same asylum expecting things to be different every time. If you really wanted to fight crime you'd do it by attacking the root cause of scarcity.

What I really want to say is this:

The Killing Joke sucks. Go Spider-Man
Haven't read too many Batman comics but that isn't totally apt for what I have read.

Most Batman villains aren't poor though.

Zombine

Banned
Oh I don't blame him, I blame DC and Warner Bros.

EDIT: I mean look at this guy.

super-friends5.jpg

I genuinely want Spike to keep this frequent posting up lol

Mudcrab

Are they seriously gonna ruin that cover like that?

Does it really matter? DC is going all in on DK3. There will be so many variants for this book, I'm sure one will be the same as this one, but without the retailer logos.

No telling how many will be $12.99 tho.

Happened with Dredd #1. I have the version from my LCS and one from Midtown my friend got me.

Also have a copy of ASM 666 (I think that's the number) that has a picture of my LCS on it.

Might get the variant for this too... Don't really want it but I like the place I go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom