• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Guys, recommend me another good thing with Joelle Jones art. I need more.

The Mockingbird one shot from a few weeks ago.

Mockingbird001cvrA.jpg

MOCKBIRD2015001-int2-3-a3649.jpg

MOCKBIRD2015001-int2-4-2bffd.jpg

She did the amazing art and it is a fun story.

Messi

i don't recognize Harden when he's standing upright.

I started the From Dusk Till Dawn series on netflix....i liked the movie a lot and even watched the bad sequels, i'm not feeling this retread of the movie in tv form though.

Why you gonna heel turn on me like that?

VanWinkle

Wow, the Nightwing art and style really come around in the latter half of the first trade volume of the original series. I didn't like it in the beginning but I love it now.

Read through Battling Boy. I completely get what frye meant considering it just kind of... stops. It was good but that was a bummer. Still, Pope's art was glorious.

Definitely wanna grab Heavy Liquid and 100% next. Might run out to get them tomorrow.

Zombine

Banned
1W3MptM.png

I'm really enjoying the new Todd McFarlane

I think the old Todd McFarlane gets a bit of a bad rep. He was the only dude I saw at NYCC where after his panel he stood out in the hall with a group of like 6 fans and talked to them about comics and signed their stuff. He's a good dude, but his passion and business sense and creative issues with a beloved writer seem to have left him on the bad side of history with some people. I think he's kinda legit but you have to take a minute to figure him out.

So I got Chrononauts. Figure if anyone can get me out of this funk its Millar. He da Michelle Pfieffer meets Meg Ryan of comics.

I knew you were my favorite.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
What's the best Harley book going into her origin story? I like her.

arkon

Any of you reading Secret Identities? It's done now. 7 issues. Got cancelled because of low sales. GO READ IT NOW. OR TRADE WAIT. JUST FUCKING READ IT.

One of the best cape stories ever. 10/10.

That's a shame. I've really enjoyed what I read of the series. I was hoping they'd at least get into the double digits. I thought Faerber had enough of an audience to manage that :(

MG310

He bought props for a response to a tweet. Outstanding.

I'm not sure why the tweet happened in the first place...they just feed him. Hell, they're actually making him more money at this point.

Hagi

I say that dude's a God-tier troll and dudes don't pay attention, is what they get.

Cho is the kind that just lulz and ² down

Yeah I think he's just playing it for laughs at this point and people keep biting.

43 year old saying butthurt is cringey as fuck but I guess that describes him though.

Had to google and haahahah man, doesn't matter if ororo, that girl that ain't magneto's daughter anymore or wonder woman, exactly the same face and pouty lips. Is excellent, but damn.

His monster designs are wonderful tho
To be fair

Many many artists suffer from same face syndrome. You can still be an excellent artist and only ever draw one type of face

Owzers

i'm cooling on Astro City, issues #3 and #4 were a drop-off from the first two for me. I didn't know they were all going to be one shots either, i really liked the first issue and wanted more of the Samaritan's story. Issue #2 was interesting so it made the transition easier but the next two weren't as good.

i'm cooling on Astro City, issues #3 and #4 were a drop-off from the first two for me. I didn't know they were all going to be one shots either, i really liked the first issue and wanted more of the Samaritan's story. Issue #2 was interesting so it made the transition easier but the next two weren't as good.

I am kind of having the same problem. #1 was like "hmm this is pretty good", #2 was like "damn ok that was really good", #3 was like "hmm ok". That's where I'm at right now.

I want to finish the first mini before committing to more or dropping off, though.

Owzers

I am kind of having the same problem. #1 was like "hmm this is pretty good", #2 was like "damn ok that was really good", #3 was like "hmm ok". That's where I'm at right now.

I want to finish the first mini before committing to more or dropping off, though.

Same plan here, i liked the first and bought the next five to finish the mini without doing something ridiculous like buying everythingggggggggggggggg having only read the first issue. The sale being a week long helped though, i figured i could read 5 comics before the sale ended...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom