• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to draw *one* type of beautiful woman over and over again with different breast size

Hey, I think Milo Manara read that book.

I think Noto and Bachalo are my favourite artists at this point. Love to get some pages or sketches from both.

Noto on Chewbacca should be fun he's all over Star Wars right now.

Yeah, Noto and Bachalo are definitely on my list of favorites.

I have a feeling the Chewie book could be something you could jump into even if you have no interest in the Star Wars universe overall. I remember reading there's a lot of new characters in the book.

And these new characters are all canon! Unlike Jaina and Mara. :(

Hey, if y'all aren't already, you should check out Brandon Graham and Emma Rios' Island, which is by far the best comic-zine-thing I've picked up because:

oh my, I thought I clicked on FancyPaperGAF for a second, there.

I am trying to get the Tower of Bable Trade for years and ive never seen it for lesser than 70€
Even the deluxes are cheaper.

Hmm I'm not sure what the situation over there is, but they rereleased the deluxes in TPB, as well, over here. They're just called JLA Book 1, 2, etc. 1-4 covers Morrison's stuff.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Hmm I'm not sure what the situation over there is, but they rereleased the deluxes in TPB, as well, over here. They're just called JLA Book 1, 2, etc. 1-4 covers Morrison's stuff.
I have to admit that I didnt looked into this for a couple of months, maybe its now better.
I have always loooked after the Deluxes since I know that they exist.

Simone's Secret Six run is officially one of my favorite comics from the Big 2. I have one more collection to read, but it's godlike so far.

Bane is pure gold

My favourite DC series of all time.

I am trying to get the Tower of Bable Trade for years and ive never seen it for lesser than 70€
Even the deluxes are cheaper.

Volume 4 of the DC Graphic Novel Collection that's coming out now is Tower of Babel:

eaglemoss-launches-dc-comics-graphic-novels-partworks-collection-featured-image.jpg

does he just go to your shop and randomly sign his shit or what

(of the two 100% is my preferred one and I think the stronger overall but both are good shit)
I have a feeling he came a while ago and signed a ton of stuff and no one ever bought it. It works out for me!
Hey, if y'all aren't already, you should check out Brandon Graham and Emma Rios' Island, which is by far the best comic-zine-thing I've picked up because:

I've been curious about this but seeing more praise here has me very interested. I'll check it out.

Good to see you here again btw

Mindwipe

I saw an ad for that in France too, I don't see the point considering those books are available already.

Those "build a collection" magazine things sell stupendously well, generally to a market who doesn't already buy your stuff.

I think it's the smartest thing DC has done in the relevant territories for years. I imagine Marvel are kicking themselves for not having done it already.

Weiss

Banned
Simone's Secret Six run is officially one of my favorite comics from the Big 2. I have one more collection to read, but it's godlike so far.

Bane is pure gold

Oh shit yes.

I'd trade the last four years of DC's output if I got Catman, Deadshot, Bane, Ragdoll, Jeanette and Scandal together again.

Those "build a collection" magazine things sell stupendously well, generally to a market who doesn't already buy your stuff.

I think it's the smartest thing DC has done in the relevant territories for years. I imagine Marvel are kicking themselves for not having done it already.

They already have in the UK.

issues.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I saw an ad for that in France too, I don't see the point considering those books are available already.
They are a good starting point for people who are new in comics and a good way to look into new books you wouldnt buy by yourself.

Volume 4 of the DC Graphic Novel Collection that's coming out now is Tower of Babel:
Thanks, but it would be the only book of this series and it looks wrong in my shelf for me. I know, its stupid, it just a flaw of me^^

They already have in the UK.

issues.jpg
Marvel has two series, one of them was even finished and got a second season on top.

I won't support Brandon Graham as he was a dick to me on Twitter and made fun of Grant Morrisons work by basically saying its drug fueled.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So guuuuys. I did a thing...

I also may have ordered three more Monsterarts...

The three unopened ones are presents to future Kipp though. I'm saving them for later. Just wanted to buy them now before the prices went way up.

I'm addicted to SH Monsterarts. And I think I'm in BallerGAF now.

Messi

I won't support Brandon Graham as he was a dick to me on Twitter and made fun of Grant Morrisons work by basically saying its drug fueled.

Wait...He says here he did use lots of drugs for the invisibles at the very least.
http://io9.com/381812/this-is-grant-morrison-on-drugs

"The weird thing with me is that I'm into magic more than I am drugs and I started my psychedelic experiments very late, as an adjunct to my magical work. I ate a little bit of hash when I was 24 and I had some mushrooms when I was 28 but otherwise I was totally straight edge until I was 31. I was in a psychedelic punk band where we didn't drink, smoke or take drugs! I only got into drugs when I felt sorted emotionally enough to deal with the effects and I had good magical reasons for doing so. Then in 90's I joined the rave party and spent every single day of the decade getting totally wrecked on mind-altering substances which, I have to admit, I enjoyed immensely. I was never keen on stimulants like cocaine and speed because they did nothing useful or interesting for me but I loved the psychedelic drugs which could twist my head, erase my name and address, open up my subconscious and turn my brain into a super-conductor, so I dosed like a madman for ten years, studied the effects and wrote it all down in The Invisibles and Flex Mentallo in particular. Zenith, Animal Man and Arkham Asylum are pretty straight edge and Doom Patrol shows the influence of shrooms from around the time of those Insect Mesh issues but I was mostly doing it straight. The 90’s work emerged from the cockpit of a rocket-driven rollercoaster of LSD, cannabis, mushrooms, DMT, 2CB, ecstasy and champagne."
https://suicidegirls.com/girls/anderswolleck/blog/2679166/grant-morrison/

How was Graham a dick to you? He is nothing but nice to me.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
All I was saying is he isn't shy about his drug use and how it affected his headspace for some of his work.

Yeah, definitely. I'm in agreement with you. What I said before I edited was basically just that. That he was very open about drug-use during Invisibles, but also made it clear that most of his other works aren't "drug-fueled," so there's a little bit of truth to Graham's argument, but it's still unfair.

Yeah, definitely. I'm in agreement with you. What I said before I edited was basically just that. That he was very open about drug-use during Invisibles, but also made it clear that most of his other works aren't "drug-fueled," so there's a little bit of truth to Graham's argument, but it's still unfair.

I dunno. Supergods makes it pretty clear that his drug use was rather extensive, and that he underestimates the effects of said drugs on his thought process. See: the time he believed that he turned a temple into a giant lion that caused an earthquake because he hadn't taken nearly enough hallucinogens for his brain to make that up.

Messi

Absolutely, if Graham implied if was a negative thing or that the work was bad due to drugs then I think he is off base.

Owzers

I think new avatars deserve new posts just like when people read comics, it's very similar. I give this one a random 8/10.

So Brandon says one day on Twitter that he sees all the Marvel and DC books being announced from great creators and it baffles him as the creators don't need Marvel/DC jobs anymore. So I commented to him that some people admire and even "love" those universes as said by Grant Morrison in his documentary. Then he just gave the cliche Grant Morrison answer that his stuff is drug fueled. Then his followers and him just had a big discussion shitting on Morrison while keeping me tagged in the post.

Messi

Every time I am watching basketball videos on youtube it autoplays Lillard daggering the Rockets two years ago and I am like....

vyXN8sF.gif

Every single time.

Owzers

I loved watching him last season. He would do random shit that made no sense then he would go beast mode and destroy the clippers with Dwight. It was amazing.

watching Jason Terry and Josh Smith ruin the Clippers playoff dreams was last year's nba highlight. I felt bad for the Clips though...shouldn't have to end like that.

VanWinkle

So Brandon says one day on Twitter that he sees all the Marvel and DC books being announced from great creators and it baffles him as the creators don't need Marvel/DC jobs anymore. So I commented to him that some people admire and even "love" those universes as said by Grant Morrison in his documentary. Then he just gave the cliche Grant Morrison answer that his stuff is drug fueled. Then his followers and him just had a big discussion shitting on Morrison while keeping me tagged in the post.

So he was mean to Grant Morrison, not you.

Kurtofan

Makes sense, it was a commercial during the flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom