• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2015. ...Are just something we do while the patch downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing Dudebro Superman and Wonder-ine in the Martian Manhunter book just makes me want their real costumes back, lol. They look so weird next to the other leaguers. It's like the Superman Red/Blue of our day. We'll look back on it and go, "That was so mid two thousand teens".

I really like Supe's current costume, and I really like what they're doing with him now that he's in it.

YMMV.

VanWinkle

Decided to start reading N52 Nightwing. May be a bad choice, may be a good choice. Also, still reading Earth 2. Just got introduced to Val. Lookin good.

I like N52 Nightwing. Doesn't really feel much more serious than the older series was. I think it's pretty great myself.

OK, this got a chuckle.

qKosFfT.jpg

Owzers

Patriots/Bills isn't going to be on tv because in virginia you get all the Redskins games instead.

That's like DCBS only selling you DC comics :(

Boogiepop

So wait, since you guys were just mentioning Secret Six again, which reminded me that I've yet to read it. A quick IST shows two numbered trades for the series. Would that collect the whole thing or no?

Edit: Nevermind. A follow up Amazon search shows it's in the middle of rereleasing with a volume 3 and 4 apparently scheduled. Cool.

So wait, since you guys were just mentioning Secret Six again, which reminded me that I've yet to read it. A quick IST shows two numbered trades for the series. Would that collect the whole thing or no?

Edit: Nevermind. A follow up Amazon search shows it's in the middle of rereleasing with a volume 3 and 4 apparently scheduled. Cool.

They are also talking about the older Simone series, I believe.

I'm enjoying Destiny, but god, the player model options are blegh. I don't usually make female characters, but I was very tempted to make one just because it looked marginally better. Settled for something relatively ok under human male.

Zombine

Banned
I'm enjoying Destiny, but god, the player model options are blegh. I don't usually make female characters, but I was very tempted to make one just because it looked marginally better. Settled for something relatively ok under human male.

No beards. I don't even think they could fix the lack of options this game. At least they acknowledged that they fell flat on their face with Destiny, and I expect it to be more feature-rich in the next game.

Cheska

Looking to get into Moon Knight. Where are some good starting points for the character currently in trade?

The most recent collected run by Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire was very good, but if you wanted to go back a little further for a slightly different take on the character, there's also a Moon Knight run by Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev.

No beards. I don't even think they could fix the lack of options this game. At least they acknowledged that they fell flat on their face with Destiny, and I expect it to be more feature-rich in the next game.

No beards is a shame, but my biggest gripe is how all the male haircuts are either boring or make me look like Justin Bieber.

I settled for one that makes me look like Jared Padalecki

They should sell the Ellis run at Staples checkouts.

That's one of the hottest burns I've heard in a long time. God. Damn.

So am I right in thinking that's the one in the numbered trades coming out now? It's by her, at least, and it's definitely not like new stuff or anything. Also, how long was the run?

Ok, sorry, yes. I didn't know it was being reprinted lol

I've never read the run, but it's like ~40 issues. Ripe for an omni release, actually.

Messi

So am I right in thinking that's the one in the numbered trades coming out now? It's by her, at least, and it's definitely not like new stuff or anything. Also, how long was the run?

They are currently reprinting it in 12 issue trades. Two of them are currently out. First one is called Villains United. 2 more will come out before January.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom