• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Messi

I'd love if we could just have mutant and inhuman books where they aren't constantly trying to kill each other. Separate them please.

Messi

I'm gonna complain =P

A Pakistani immigrant that blindly followed Carol (like, what the fuck), fucked up doing so but you know the comic won't touch on any of the stuff that requires depth and will just sort of gloss over it.

It goes against the origin they've been portraying and there's been no justification for the character going against what would be the expected norm (like... being anti-"predictive" justice in current America as a Muslim minority?) other then her being a Carol fan girl, which seems like poor and incredibly simplistic reasoning.

I think the reason she followed Carol is pretty obvious. Carol is Kamalas everything. She was blinded by her love of Carol early on. Simple yes, but something that could easily happen to a teenager.

1d42228246163e0bf9c92dda2f113634.jpg

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

They're giving books to writers like Rosenberg, Whitley, and Tamaki, which I think is a step in the right direction. Now we just need to see their Marvel output.
Remender can tutor the next upcoming X-writers. It'll be like DC's new writer program, except actually effective.

You can't say that Marvel isn't trying to snap up interesting writing talent. David F. Walker is probably going to be moving up to architect status soon and they've got Mariko Tamaki writing a Hulk comic (which is totally bizzare but love the choice). As well, Marvel seems pretty invested in both Ed Brisson and Matthew Rosenberg as creators. Bendis brought in Fife to write the All-New Ultimates (which ended up fizzling out).

I don't think it's the lack of interesting voices, but those voices aren't given enough control over the line. They're falling back on Waid and Bendis to drive the ship, and they're just not that interesting because we've seen them do this all already in one form or another. It's like how I'm so confused to see people clamoring for Waid to take over the Spider-man book. He did. During Big Time. People seem to forget that.

Marvel's been so dependent on writers "architecting" their universe and with the exodus of most of their talent, this is a painful transition period. I'd love if they handed over the reigns to people like Ryan North and Mariko, but that's never going to happen.

You can't say that Marvel isn't trying to snap up interesting writing talent. David F. Walker is probably going to be moving up to architect status soon and they've got Mariko Tamaki writing a Hulk comic (which is totally bizzare but love the choice). As well, Marvel seems pretty invested in both Ed Brisson and Matthew Rosenberg as creators. Bendis brought in Fife to write the All-New Ultimates (which ended up fizzling out).

I don't think it's the lack of interesting voices, but those voices aren't given enough control over the line. They're falling back on Waid and Bendis to drive the ship, and they're just not that interesting because we've seen them do this all already in one form or another. It's like how I'm so confused to see people clamoring for Waid to take over the Spider-man book. He did. During Big Time. People seem to forget that.

Marvel's been so dependent on writers "architecting" their universe and with the exodus of most of their talent, this is a painful transition period. I'd love if they handed over the reigns to people like Ryan North and Mariko, but that's never going to happen.
Ryan North would split the entire Marvel fanbase in half if he was in charge of the Marvel universe.

This is it exactly. They can (and will) continue to have Sana Amanat do typically amazing work soliciting new and interesting creators, but if the world they're playing in is shoehorned into something abjectly stupid, it's very hard to bring an interesting book to the forefront.

Note, Marvel's best books:
The Vision
Black Widow
Black Panther
Squirrel Girl
Howard The Duck
Thor
have nothing to do with the rest of the universe.

Messi

This is it exactly. They can (and will) continue to have Sana Amanat do typically amazing work soliciting new and interesting creators, but if the world they're playing in is shoehorned into something abjectly stupid, it's very hard to bring an interesting book to the forefront.

The Vision
Black Widow
Black Panther
Squirrel Girl
Howard The Duck
Thor

Gwenpool

Sandfox

The Vision
Black Widow
Black Panther
Squirrel Girl
Howard The Duck
Thor
This is a different argument.

While I agree with you, I liked Waid's ASM issues, so I would be cool with him and Samnee doing it lol.

mreddie

I will say Marvel giving the keys to characters to new and refreshing writers is a great change of pace, my only issue is that some of the books feel unnecessary.

Plus Axel is a zilch.

Motor Crush looks amazing, I just hope it doesn't fall into the typical Image book delay hole. I'm scared for Fix.

Aren't Image books on the arc, pause, arc model?

Also, shouldn't we just enjoy solicited comics without worrying needlessly about whether or not unsolicited comics will be delayed?

I mean, we don't enjoy worrying more than reading comics, right?

Lmao. Yea yea.

Motor Crush looks amazing, I just hope it doesn't fall into the typical Image book delay hole. I'm scared for Fix.

Haha I haven't been following the fix. I think the only book I follow at Image that has seemingly been affected by delay is velvet (I say seemingly because I read by trade, I don't always notice if a date is knocked back). Most just seem to do that thing now of 5 issues then a break oppose to actual delays during an arc. Although the goddamned trade date seems to change every time I checked, is that running behind?

Messi

From a few retailers on Twitter. Tomorrow's Issue is the Tom King Batman you have been waiting for.

Took him enough issues :p

Lmao. Yea yea.

Haha I haven't been following the fix. I think then only book I follow at Image that has seemingly been affected by delay is velvet (I say seemingly because I read by trade, I don't always notice if a date is knocked back). Most just seem to do that thing now of 5 issues then a break oppose to actual delays during an arc. Although the goddamned trade date seems to change every time I checked, is that running behind?

Velvet is massively delayed. Usually due to art one assumes.

Top Bottom