• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

With the 4 villains they have in the MCU?

That reminds me, I was watching Civil War for the first time the other day, and I'm wondering... other than the Avengers, who the hell do they have on the Raft? Not really anybody left standing who'd warrant that kinda treatment, other than Loki I guess.

mreddie

That reminds me, I was watching Civil War for the first time the other day, and I'm wondering... other than the Avengers, who the hell do they have on the Raft? Not really anybody left standing who'd warrant that kinda treatment, other than Loki I guess.

I assume the Thunderbolts and maybe Abomination but who cares at this point.

Zombine

Banned

And Loki is currently pretending to be Odin.

Sandfox

first half of that book was sooooooo over the top and not in a good way. tempted to buy the second issue now that all the stuff I hated are mostly gone.

I just saw all that as superficial stuff that he would realize isn't important as he started to experience more lives. The thing that stood out to me is his need to
please his father with that even being the first thing he brought up after noticing his abilities.

I'm mixed on the book because I think Morris is interesting, but the way his powers were shown kinda made it hard for me to follow early on. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if this book was canceled and he ended up getting pushed somewhere else or something.

TheFlow

Banned
I just saw all that as superficial stuff that he would realize isn't important as he started to experience more lives. The thing that stood out to me is his need to
please his father with that even being the first thing he brought up after noticing his abilities.

I'm mixed on the book because I think Morris is interesting, but the way his powers were shown kinda made it hard for me to follow early on. That being said I wouldn't be surprised if this book was canceled and he ended up getting pushed somewhere else or something.

I also couldn't follow along when it came to that. it was jarring. Yea it will definitely be cancelled before this time next year.

Hagi

Stane
Cross
Ronan
Whiplash

Who else?

Zemo was just a chessmaster, he really didn't do much physically.

Von Strucker? they killed him off in such a shitty fashion as well. He should have been something special instead of the shit they went with in Age of Ultron.

Not to sound like an ignorant dick, but can someone explain to me why Carol is considered the Greatest and Mightiest Avenger? Or is this a Hal Jordan scenario where it's mostly tell and no show? I don't really have a lot of experience with her aside from mainly Ultimates, A-Force, and now Civil War 2, and I can safely say she has an incredibly boring personality. Save for CW2, where I actually find her interesting

Not to sound like an ignorant dick, but can someone explain to me why Carol is considered the Greatest and Mightiest Avenger? Or is this a Hal Jordan scenario where it's mostly tell and no show? I don't really have a lot of experience with her aside from mainly Ultimates, A-Force, and now Civil War 2, and I can safely say she has an incredibly boring personality. Save for CW2, where I actually find her interesting

Because Marvel says so.

TheFlow

Banned

I am waiting for CW2 to finish so Slayven can write why she ruined Marvel. but yea she brings down every book she is in. I can't see Ultimates staying together long with her on the team.

Sandfox

Her popularity in-universe from when she became Captain Marvel came out of nowhere lol. Her popularity in her new ongoing will be coming from how the public feels about her after CW2.

Boogiepop

Okay, I'm confused. Reading through Gotham Academy, and I hit issue 8, having read 1-7 and the kinda meh fluff that was Gotham Academy: Endgame #1. And now all of the sudden
Olive's mom is dead?
It feels like I missed something here, so what exactly am I missing? Or is it just a weird jump or something?

Messi

I am waiting for CW2 to finish so Slayven can write why she ruined Marvel. but yea she brings down every book she is in. I can't see Ultimates staying together long with her on the team.

I wouldn't worry about Ultimates staying together with her. I'm sure Marvel is sharpening that axe right now.

That is all a fallout of the events in Civil War 2. That's it.

They built if to contain powerful people, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have anyone. Pretty much anyone who'd they imprison is either dead or too small of a blip on the radar: Yellowjacket, Whiplash, Aldrich Killian, Strucker, Kilgrave, (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spoilers)
Hive, John Garret, Mr. Hyde, Jiaying, Lash
, Nobu. Yes I included the shows, and yes, those are just the villains. Some are either currently incapacitated, such as Abomination, Zemo, and Diamondback. Or no one knows where the hell they are, such as Loki.
Because Marvel says so.

Her popularity in-universe from when she became Captain Marvel came out of nowhere lol. Her popularity in her new ongoing will be coming from how the public feels about her after CW2.

That is all a fallout of the events in Civil War 2. That's it.
So it is the Hal Jordan scenario. Good to know.

Busiek/Perez Avengers gets a lot of praise. How is she in that?

TheFlow

Banned
I wouldn't worry about Ultimates staying together with her. I'm sure Marvel is sharpening that axe right now.
Lol! I would normally boo this but if the art is going to terrible like I think it is then yea cancel it.

Where would blue marvel and spectrum go though?

Messi

Lol! I would normally boo this but if the art is going to terrible like I think it is then yea cancel it.

Where would blue marvel and spectrum go though?

I love the book but the art change tells me exactly how marvel feels about it.

They will likely put them on the shelf. PMIF might take Spectrum as Sanford loves her.

TheFlow

Banned
I am calling a blue marvel/ family book.

Edit: spectrum feels too op for a street level book like PM&IF. It would be a downgrade for her. Gues appearances? Now that ican get behind

I am calling a blue marvel/ family book.

c07c28b2f57bc12ec07d947c8877bfe7.gif

You will never see him again.

VanWinkle

What have you collected edition guys been reading? I finished Batman by Neal Adams Omnibus today, which was tough to get through. Early 70s writing is not for me, that's for sure. I'm about done with Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert, which was very good.

I want to start something more modern, so I may read the Superman American Alien HC now.

What have you collected edition guys been reading? I finished Batman by Neal Adams Omnibus today, which was tough to get through. Early 70s writing is not for me, that's for sure. I'm about done with Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert, which was very good.

Reading Vol.9 of the Tokyo Ghoul manga. Goon Library Vol.4 and the Empire of the Dead hardcover are next on my list.

Malyse

Remember, the in-universe sentiment is pre-crime is good and Hawkeye killing Banner was great. Both of those ideas are laid at Carol's feet.

The solicits seem to point to a Carol who is publicly loved, but privately and personally in shambles.

Also this relationship
between Miles and Spider-Gwen
teased in the solicits is odd.

You misspelled awesome.
Stane
Cross
Ronan
Whiplash

Who else?

Zemo was just a chessmaster, he really didn't do much physically.
One of those isn't dead.

Boogiepop

Okay, I'm confused. Reading through Gotham Academy, and I hit issue 8, having read 1-7 and the kinda meh fluff that was Gotham Academy: Endgame #1. And now all of the sudden
Olive's mom is dead?
It feels like I missed something here, so what exactly am I missing? Or is it just a weird jump or something?

Following up on this question, is it the Annual? That's the one bit I'm missing of the "first part" or whatever. And if not, do I need to grab the annual, or is it more like the Endgame issue, aka something non-essential?

Messi

Well look what I stumbled onto on Amazon. It's about time :p

Velvet Deluxe Hardcover. 400 pages. Feb 9th so sometime near the end of January for comic stores.

+

East of West Year Two OHC. 504 pages March 23rd.

+

Tokyo Ghost OHC is in April.

Owzers

Anyone here trade wait oversized hardcovers? I have the first Velvet trade and have read the first issue, i'm tempted to get the OHC but then it's a longggggg wait.

Messi

I know, and it looks amazing! Can't wait to read it.

Will be buying.

Velvet is awesome too :(. Badass female James Bond.

Anyone here trade wait oversized hardcovers? I have the first Velvet trade and have read the first issue, i'm tempted to get the OHC but then it's a longggggg wait.

It's only 3 months when you have already delayed reading it for over 2 years by now lol. Just wait. That OHC will be lovely.

BTW that isn't listed as Vol 1. I wonder if it's over?

Well look what I stumbled onto on Amazon. It's about time :p

Velvet Deluxe Hardcover. 400 pages. Feb 9th so sometime near the end of January for comic stores.

+

East of West Year Two OHC. 504 pages March 23rd.

+

Tokyo Ghost OHC is in April.

So many 2017 release dates and it isn't even 2017 yet. Would you believe I already have some figures pre-ordered up to June?

Messi

So many 2017 release dates and it isn't even 2017 yet. Would you believe I already have some figures pre-ordered up to June?

Harley, Joker and Deadshot hot toys Preordered for next September.

Dr Strange too.

Good luck, if Hillary wins we're not even going to have a country anymore, should have spent all your money on things out now.

Your books are printed in Mexico. Even if you are gone the EU will still get them.

Top Bottom