• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

PsychBat!

Banned
FIGURE-023140.jpg

Should I get?

Owzers

I haven't paid any attention. They will reveal her when they are ready. I'm too busy playing the game to follow an arg.

I haven't been following the arg but i get annoyed when things are announced too early and in this case their hype has just been a massive disappointment. It's like EA's E3 press conferences where they announce that people are working on a game but not the game. We have...plans for a game.

Messi

I haven't been following the arg but i get annoyed when things are announced too early and in this case their hype has just been a massive disappointment. It's like EA's E3 press conferences where they announce that people are working on a game but not the game. We have...plans for a game.

If you don't follow that stuff then all you know is that Sombra is coming. If that. It shouldnt have any hype. You know more characters are coming. If no one follows the arg they still have to reveal Sombra lol. Just play the game and when they are ready she will drop. I get wanting new characters, but people following that Sombra thing so closely are twisting the knife on themselves.

VanWinkle

That book shouldn't be T then. Velvet is easily less mature than East of West. East of West has a dominatrix scene lol with Doma Lux.

Yeah, I don't know why it's rated T+. There are several DC/Marvel T+ books that aren't REMOTELY like East of West. It's not something I would normally read.

Sandfox

The Nuhumans will probably end up in a new book for ResurrXion, but since All-New didn't work, I wonder what direction Marvel will take with them.

I have been reading Uncanny Inhumans for a year and have seen them often enough in other titles, and I still could not tell you the name, appearance, AND the power set of any of the new inhumans. I might be able to string together a couple of those things but never all three. Not for a single character.

Outside of Kamala of course, who barely registers as an inhuman to me and, notably, rarely appears in their books.

I am stunned that East of West is rated T+. My daughter has read and seen some pretty mature stuff but there's no way in hell. I don't put any stock in ratings, though, and that goes for any media.

Still a pale imitation of my girl Komodo from Avengers Initiative.

And, see, here is a character that first popped up in the midst of a huge cast of new and forgotten characters, who hasn't even had a cameo in...five years? Almost five years? I could still write a paragraph about her.

Fucking nuhumans.

Scalped - Vol. 4: The Gravel in Your Guts
[5/5]: There's not much for me to add that I haven't already said about the past volumes. This just continues to be an extremely engrossing read. Aaron does such a great job juggling so many different characters and plot points, but more importantly, the way he brings them all together is really impressive. I love how he's structured the story as well. Each volume, he's peeled back a layer and we get a deeper look at the characters and world.

Red Crow continues to be my favorite character and I loved that so much of the volume was focused on him. He's such a badass too for how old he is, the fight in the bar caught me off guard with how effective he was at dispatching the goods.

Can't wait for the next volume (after tomorrows weeklies).

Sandfox

I have been reading Uncanny Inhumans for a year and have seen them often enough in other titles, and I still could not tell you the name, appearance, AND the power set of any of the new inhumans. I might be able to string together a couple of those things but never all three. Not for a single character.

Outside of Kamala of course, who barely registers as an Inhuman to me and, notably, rarely appears in their books.

I am stunned that East of West is rated T+. My daughter has read and seen some pretty mature stuff but there's no way in hell. I don't put any stock in ratings, though, and that goes for any media.

Inferno and Naja should be easy enough, but I don't really like how the Nuhmans were used in ANAD.

I don't think I ever finished the All-New Marvel Now Inhuman run and need to get back to it.

Inferno has fire powers but I couldn't pick him out of a lineup. And if his powers aren't more specific than "fire powers," which I believe is true, well, double ugh.

I take it he's a major player in All-New which I have only read a couple issues of. I didn't read the pre-ANAD inhumans book so maybe that's where I'm supposed to know him from? I dunno. I know I've seen a Generic Fire Guy with Generic Fire Guy Name around. They really do blend together for me.

Sandfox

Inferno has fire powers but I couldn't pick him out of a lineup. And if his powers aren't more specific than "fire powers," which I believe is true, well, double ugh.

I take it he's a major player in All-New which I have only read a couple issues of. I didn't read the pre-ANAD inhumans book so maybe that's where I'm supposed to know him from? I dunno. I know I've seen a Generic Fire Guy with Generic Fire Guy Name around. They really do blend together for me.

Inferno rarely appears in either All-New and Uncanny, which is one of the things that bothers me.

He has fire powers, but there seems to be more to it like regeneration and his rock form.

Inferno rarely appears in either All-New and Uncanny, which is one of the things that bothers me.

He has fire powers, but there seems to be more to it like regeneration and his rock form.

So he was a big part of that early Now push, is currently a background character (like almost all of them), will probably be a body in IVX. And he proves the point I was trying to make. Naja too. Don't know em at all.

If Hank's final act is to make the mist safe for mutants and highly toxic for inhumans I will forgive him for everything

Is Flint the blind guy? I like the blind guy. Even if his power makes nooooo sense at all for a genetic mutation.

What have you collected edition guys been reading? I finished Batman by Neal Adams Omnibus today, which was tough to get through. Early 70s writing is not for me, that's for sure. I'm about done with Tales of the Batman: Alan Brennert, which was very good.

I want to start something more modern, so I may read the Superman American Alien HC now.

I read through Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe last night and I really loved it. Probably my favorite thing to come out from Marvel all year. Really fun comic and it was just like a big long edition of the regular ongoing.

All of my books are packed right now since I'm moving next month but I left a couple out to read. I was in the middle of that Alan Brennert Batman hardcover and I was really enjoying that. Also set aside Wonder Woman by Rucka volume 1 and Sandman Mystery Theatre volume 1. I like both a lot so far, just need to actually read more.

Sandfox

So he was a big part of that early Now push, is currently a background character (like almost all of them), will probably be a body in IVX. And he proves the point I was trying to make. Naja too.

If Hank's final act is to make the mist safe for mutants and highly toxic for inhumans I will forgive him for everything

The weird thing is that Inferno was on the ANAD teaser image lol.

I don't know if he'll die or not, but he'll actually be doing something in IvX lol.

mreddie

The solticis already hinted the young heroes will save Medusa and the kingdom. We might get a reveal of All New Inhumans 2.0

VanWinkle

Man, I think Landis does an incredible job with dialog in American Alien. It's wonderful stuff. I'm on issue 3 and Joelle Jones art is amazing. Actually it's all been amazing so far.

Issue 1 (Dragotta):
MSisxm0.jpg

Issue 2 (Edwards):
4l3hoaS.jpg

Issue 3 (Jones):
92Mcoiv.jpg

I read through Squirrel Girl Beats Up The Marvel Universe last night and I really loved it. Probably my favorite thing to come out from Marvel all year. Really fun comic and it was just like a big long edition of the regular ongoing.

All of my books are packed right now since I'm moving next month but I left a couple out to read. I was in the middle of that Alan Brennert Batman hardcover and I was really enjoying that. Also set aside Wonder Woman by Rucka volume 1 and Sandman Mystery Theatre volume 1. I like both a lot so far, just need to actually read more.

I want to get the Squirrel Girl OGN. I will likely get the upcoming OHC and read that first though, to get a good feel for the character.

I have WW by Rucka on my wish list. I will likely get that in the next couple of months. In the meantime, I got the Wonder Woman by Mike Deodato trade that came out recently. Will probably read that soon.

What have you collected edition guys been reading? now.

Just the Mig reread for me dude, Moving into the final leg now (just finished volume 6 of Hell On Earth), really just waiting on HB In Hell 2 to show up. After that, I gots three volumes of Harrow County, 5 volumes of TMNT & Joe Golem vol. 1 to crack in to. Then I'll be sinking back into a good novel for awhile (The Fireman). I find it much harder to find time for juggling a novel all the time (and I hate picking up/putting down) but I like to keep it up.

Velvet Deluxe Hardcover. 400 pages. Feb 9th so sometime near the end of January for comic stores.

Damn. I've considering moving to OHC for my image books recently too. I actually do think you get a substantial amount out of a single volume at Image 99% of the time, but I usually run behind enough that I could do it...I already have the first two trades of Velvet, but especially since it's (probably) going on a break, this is super tempting.

Man, I think Landis does an incredible job with dialog in American Alien. It's wonderful stuff. I'm on issue 3 and Joelle Jones art is amazing. Actually it's all been amazing so far.

Hey now, this looks great! I had no idea they had got these artists in to work on the book, that's cool. Maybe I need to check that out, I have 0 superman trades haha, not even the Snyder book. My plan was to correct this with rebirth.

JTripper

Issue 1 (Dragotta):
MSisxm0.jpg

Issue 2 (Edwards):
4l3hoaS.jpg

Issue 3 (Jones):
92Mcoiv.jpg

I'm re-reading the whole thing now and it really is great. Issues 3 and 4 are my favorites.

It's making me want to dig for more great Superman stories other than some of the essentials that I've already read (All-Star, Birthright, Kingdom Come, Red Son, Seasons, Last Son). Probably gonna check out Secret Identity next.

Anyone have more Superman suggestions?

ITT I continue to be the only person who cares about Inhumans

Power Man and Iron Fist #9
This was an okay issue. Effectively a big beawl that's sort of whatever while actual plot happens in the background. Carol is legit unforgivable at this point. The pro-predictive side is at its most unreasonable here. And Monica just comes off as a complete tool, which sucks because I like her. Storm...honestly I don't understand why she gets this involved. Protecting Ulysses to use his power to save mutants is one thing, but acting as Carol's elite doesn't suit her. She's got bigger fish to fry. Also sick ether delivered by Danny and Luke.

Mosaic #1
Maybe it's because I'm super tired, but I did not care about anything in this book. At all. Super boring and stereotypical. Interesting story idea and voice for the character. I might be able to come back for another issue

I actually haven't read the last arc, I stopped when Brubaker left. I do have it though so if you say it's good I'll have to give it a read. Might be a good time to go through the whole run actually. It would be cool if he was in it for a bit longer but on the flip side I don't really mind because they are doing such a great job with Natasha I'm happy just going along with her. I think you'll enjoy it, the book is a visual treat.

Haha well if you have it anyway man. I mean it's not Bru right but it's about what I would want, and more so, what I think they're capable of right now if they'd just put a team together and do the book.

Still pulling for a bucky/natasha spy couple book, the Americans does not fulfilled my all year round need for this kind of stuff.

Scalped - Vol. 4: The Gravel in Your Guts
[5/5]: There's not much for me to add that I haven't already said about the past volumes. This just continues to be an extremely engrossing read. Aaron does such a great job juggling so many different characters and plot points, but more importantly, the way he brings them all together is really impressive. I love how he's structured the story as well. Each volume, he's peeled back a layer and we get a deeper look at the characters and world.

Red Crow continues to be my favorite character and I loved that so much of the volume was focused on him. He's such a badass too for how old he is, the fight in the bar caught me off guard with how effective he was at dispatching the goods.

Can't wait for the next volume (after tomorrows weeklies).

I remember really liking this one man. I love Dash and Carol's destructive relationship and this is the one where
dash gets hooked right?
Fantastic unflinching stuff. I love
Red Crow too. Even for the things he does, he sees Brass for what he is, a truly disgusting cretin.
So good! I keep responding to these reviews late ha but keep em coming! It's fun to see the ride.

Ross61

Finally starting New Super-Man, then I start Superwoman.

Edit: So I really liked the first issue of New Super-Man, and I enjoy the character of Kenan Kong too. Hey one of those lovable jerks that grow on you once you see their side.

Speaking of New Super-Man, it looks like what we thought was a crossover event between the Super books is just going to be in Superman. Nice.

Do we read Brian Wood comics? Is it okay? This Briggs Land book has been getting pretty good reviews.

Although, when a solicit says "for fans of sons of anarchy" I feel like they're asking me not to.

They built if to contain powerful people, but that doesn't necessarily mean they have anyone. Pretty much anyone who'd they imprison is either dead or too small of a blip on the radar: Yellowjacket, Whiplash, Aldrich Killian, Strucker, Kilgrave, (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spoilers)
Hive, John Garret, Mr. Hyde, Jiaying, Lash
, Nobu. Yes I included the shows, and yes, those are just the villains. Some are either currently incapacitated, such as Abomination, Zemo, and Diamondback. Or no one knows where the hell they are, such as Loki.

So it is the Hal Jordan scenario. Good to know.

Busiek/Perez Avengers gets a lot of praise. How is she in that?

She's an alcoholic in that. It does not go well for her.

Ross61

Just finished New Super-man #2 and..... woah!
Second issue of the series and he's not only revealed his identity to the chick he's crushing on, but also the whole city of Shanghai
. Also like the way his powers work.

El Topo

That reminds me, I was watching Civil War for the first time the other day, and I'm wondering... other than the Avengers, who the hell do they have on the Raft? Not really anybody left standing who'd warrant that kinda treatment, other than Loki I guess.

I'm not sure they really had anyone else on there. Would be odd for Captain America to take down the entire crew of a prison full of other criminals.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
That reminds me, I was watching Civil War for the first time the other day, and I'm wondering... other than the Avengers, who the hell do they have on the Raft? Not really anybody left standing who'd warrant that kinda treatment, other than Loki I guess.

The Abomination

Edit: To late for hours :D

Top Bottom