• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Haha did it pay off enough for you? I remember the other day you were hoping things would come together with this one

yeah... that's pretty much what i wanted but god damn.

i might have to re-read it, as it was so compelling i blew through those last couple of issues so quickly.

yeah... that's pretty much what i wanted but god damn.

i might have to re-read it, as it was so compelling i blew through those last couple of issues so quickly.

For sure, volume 3 is super tight too, covers quite a small timeframe if i remember rightly. You have so much good stuff to come too man. Volume 4 spoke to me a lot, i really enjoyed the set up and the relationship stuff it explores.

8bit

Knows the Score
Infamous Iron Man:

Good start, funny to see how much has changed since Roman Reigns, I mean Carol Danvers winning the WWE Champ...I mean Civil War.

Oh wait...

Did I miss a Civil War issue or something? I am confused as fuck by this book.

Did I miss a Civil War issue or something? I am confused as fuck by this book.

Civil War II was supposed to be finished by now but Marvel has decided it is more important to have consistent creative in their event books than to have their line-launching events finish before the line launches.

Watching Cloverfield this evening, the original. Such a great movie, just a really nice little personal tale of survival in the face of this huge disaster. This is what it must be like live in BPRD hell on earth world. Just monsters exploding out of the ground sinking your city, weird little larvae things trying to eat you.

Watching Cloverfield this evening, the original. Such a great movie, just a really nice little personal tale of survival. This is what it must be like live in BPRD hell on earth world. Just monsters exploding out of the ground sinking your city, weird little larvae things trying to eat you.

I tried watching this a few days ago but it really freaked my daughter out. Anything where the movie successfully creates a sense of a real world crisis is a big NOPE for her. It's been interesting to observe which movies set it off (ET is another example) and what doesn't (any super hero movie).

I tried watching this a few days ago but it really freaked my daughter out. Anything where the movie successfully creates a sense of a real world crisis is a big NOPE for her. It's been interesting to observe which movies set it off (ET is another example) and what doesn't (any super hero movie).

Ha aww poor mini echo. Although lol, I know my kid is just a touch younger (9 in December) but no way I'd put this on for him, he'd probably wet the bed hahaha. He really likes Pacific Rim though, have you tried that with her? I won't lie, it does have those crisis themes in some regards but if you read the Wikipedia page for the movie, in the themes section, there's some really interesting quotes from Del Toro about specific choices he made so it never becomes too real e.g. the areas the kaiju and robots have always been evacuated so there's no sense people are dying in the buildings that get knocked over. So it's never the same level of distress. It's more feel good.

Messi

All this falls on Marvel's editors. It's obvious they hire artist and pay no mind to what they draw. It's all about money in the end.

No. You hire this man you know what you are getting. This isn't done unintentionally. He is known for this exact style and its something that sells big.

Mindwipe

I still find it hard to believe that anyone at Marvel looked at the cover of Civil War #7 and didn't think "Holy shit, Carol looks hugely like a supervillain here."

It's got to be deliberate at this point. Part of me thinks the whole thing is commentary on Trump with the public celebrating a monster.

Ha aww poor mini echo. Although lol, I know my kid is just a touch younger (9 in December) but no way I'd put this on for him, he'd probably wet the bed hahaha. He really likes Pacific Rim though, have you tried that with her? I won't lie, it does have those crisis themes in some regards but if you read the Wikipedia page in the themes section, there's some really interesting quotes from Del Toro about specific choices he made so it never becomes too real e.g. the areas the kaiju and robots have always been evacuated so there's no sense people are dying in the buildings that get knocked over. So it's never the same level of distress. It's more feel good.

Yeah she's seen Pacific Rim, didn't scare her but she thought it was dull. I am definitely a lot more....liberal?...with content than most parents. And it's always the ones I don't expect that wig her out. Like War of the Worlds is the scariest movie of all time to her. ET? Holy fuck terrifying. Jaws, Poltergeist, Sixth Sense, those movies produced maybe one or two nights of nightmares between them. Every kid has different buttons I guess.

No. You hire this man you know what you are getting. This isn't done unintentionally. He is known for this exact style and its something that sells big.

And who at Marvel is in charge of hiring him? JSC didn't just decide he wanted to do the variant. Someone is in charge of giving them work.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Yeah she's seen Pacific Rim, didn't scare her but she thought it was dull. I am definitely a lot more....liberal?...with content than most parents. And it's always the ones I don't expect that wig her out. Like War of the Worlds is the scariest movie of all time to her. ET? Holy fuck terrifying. Jaws, Poltergeist, Sixth Sense, those movies produced maybe one or two nights of nightmares between them. Every kid has different buttons I guess.

Never show you kids Night of the Living Dead.
Movie is ridicolus harmless by todays standards, but when I saw it with 12 I couldnt go into the cellar for almost two years because I was so traumatized.

Messi

And who at Marvel is in charge of hiring him? JSC didn't just decide he wanted to do the variant. Someone is in charge of giving them work.

With him it's a legacy thing by now. It's like skottie young.

It's no coincidence that most of his covers are Midtown comics exclusive.

Malyse

Civil_War_II_7_Sprouse_Variant.jpg

Iron Man looks so confused. "Are we fighting or...?"

With him it's a legacy thing by now. It's like skottie young.

It's no coincidence that most of his covers are Midtown comics exclusive.

Ok but Marvel has editors. The discussion now is that Marvel doesn't seem to know how to advertise Riri. Someone approved of JSC's cover thinking this is what was gonna attract new readers.

Messi

Ok but Marvel has editors. The discussion now is that Marvel doesn't seem to know how to advertise Riri. Someone approved of JSC's cover thinking this is what was gonna attract new readers.

Every other RiRi cover I've seen has been absolutely amazing. Honestly.

TheFlow

Banned
Rather marvel do something similar to monster men and clone conspiracy/dead no more where only a handful of books cross over.

Messi

Well there not getting any attention now. This is just another pile of problems along with people not liking Bendis writing a black women.

There is a problem with Bendis writing a black woman? One of his kids is black. I'm sure he is more qualified than most to write her. Eh.

Messi

Say what?

My mistake. Bendis has two adopted children.

They have three daughters. His oldest, Olivia, is his biological daughter, while he and his wife adopted their two younger daughters, one of whom is African-American, and the other of whom is Ethiopian.

I believe I read somewhere. Likely his tumblr that this was a big part of why he wanted to write this book.

Top Bottom