• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Star Trek: Boldly Go #1

"Months after the events of Star Trek Beyond, the crew of the USS Enterprise have been reassigned to new ships and new roles. Some have chosen to spend time away from Starfleet. Others have embarked on new opportunities. The galaxy enjoys a fragile peace. It will not last...."

I really grew fond of the last Star Trek Kelvin series over time. This, picking up after Beyond, is a solid start. This was one book where I wished I had not read the solictations for future issues though. That ending would have had much more impact.

"They, they only said one thing.....resistance....is futile...."

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

I know exactly what you mean by that, and this is 100% one of those types of books.

If you ever feel saucy, Superman Secret Identity, Superman For All Seasons, All-Star Superman, and Superman Birthright are those kinds of stories, too.

Winkle, I always feel saucy. I think until the new 52 started, the only proper DC run I had followed as it came out was Morrison's Bat opus. Before that I really just read and collected their evergreen classics and runs that had finished and been deemed brilliant already.

mreddie

Infamous Iron Man:

Good start, funny to see how much has changed since Roman Reigns, I mean Carol Danvers winning the WWE Champ...I mean Civil War.

Oh wait...

Nevermind, good to see elements from Bendis Tony is continuing

A-Force:

Rushed as fuck, hot springs ending and REMEMBER JEN? ADIOS SINGULARITY

Ant-Man: Solid ending, kinda makes the 5 issue build up kinda moot. But hey, we have a new villain revamped for Scott and Cassie is back...kinda. Hope Scott gets a new book because there are still a loose end or two.

Mockingbird: Rushed as fuck but not as a bad ending compared to A-Force. But I feel it should have at least earned one more issue because I feel there are scenes missing.

Really love this, I think it's a piece to go back in the back of the rumble vol. 3 tpb, by Gerardo Zaffino (who I believe is the dude who dropped off Karnak):

CvI065nWgAEtfqd.jpg:large

Neoxon

Between the Nova book & the recent string of X-Men announcements, I feel like Marvel's winning me over on the comic book side of things. All I need now is for the X-Men (& the Fantastic Four) to show up in post-CoC games & cartoons, again.

MartyStu

The Mighty Thor

Just catching back up with this. I know people have been down on Aaron since the last run, but he is killing it.

Mafro

Infamous Iron Man:

Good start, funny to see how much has changed since Roman Reigns, I mean Carol Danvers winning the WWE Champ...I mean Civil War.

Oh wait...

Nevermind, good to see elements from Bendis Tony is continuing
I didn't read any of the previous Bendis Iron Man book. Anything plot threads or anything I'm majorly missing out on?

VanWinkle

Finished Superman American Alien. Wonderful stuff. Really happy about that.

Hmm...not sure what I'll read now. I'll have to think about that.

tim1138

J Scott Campbell drew a girl sexualized and anatomically impossible?! Never! Next thing you know folks will be saying water is wet and the sun is hot!

Top Bottom