• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Maybe so, but I'd be pretty shocked if he actually stopped drawing characters like that.

When you don't do interiors and are just making money off of covers than you don't really have an incentive to improve. It's why most cover artist just do the same thing they've been doing for years. If you can draw anything at a snap of the finger it's got to be the easiest job in the world.

Goon is amazing, and the library editions are beautiful. Eric Powell is one of those creators who can write and draw. He also has a new book that just started called Hillbilly. It's also been very good so far.

A bunch of Goon hit CMX Unlimited if you want to try it at low cost Donnie!

Yeah it's the Goon. SO good.

Man, I just need to get those beautiful library editions. Only bad thing is that the first few of them are like <300 pages but $50 cover price. So I prioritize books with more pages, but at some point I just need to GET THEM. At least the first one, to get started.

Yea I really need to get on the Powell train guys, all his stuff looks super appealing. Do you guys read the chimichanga book? I saw he had a new one out, visually awesome.

Haha now I'm all caught up I've been considering the library editions myself XD

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Black Hammer #4: Maybe an off issue, but wasn't impressed by the beginning or some of the dialogue in the ending, though the actual ending was fine. The dinner table scene was a riot, though. WTF moment:
Cthulhu?

Oh, and an actual character
called Black Hammer. Totally thought is was just a hammer all this time

Hagi

Death of X #2 was probably the worst comic I've read in a good while. Please can we get someone with an interesting thought to right this ship? It pains me to see my favourite cast of characters in such disarray. Inhumans vs X-men? RessurXtion? I feel like Andy Dufresne crawling through that river of shit...when will I get to the other side.

tumblr_inline_o5akfbh6nS1tui67y_500.gif

We were in a pretty good place at the end of Bendis run but to think how quickly things change. This whole thing with the Terrigen mists has been handled really poorly from the beginning. Now we get a caricature of Scott skipping all nuance this kind of situation affords and going straight nuclear. Every since we first heard that Scott was dead and did something horrific that nobody could possibly detail I tried to keep hope that maybe Marvel could pull something interesting out of this but nope. Looking back Planet X would have been preferable.

Well mostly
what's she apparently in Arkham for.

I just hope it's a fake out.
Have her be deep cover for Bats or framed or something. I'm tired of Catwoman getting screwed with each reboot....
I will agree the other reveal is pretty exciting, though who knows how it will be played out. With the last page reveal
we know from January solicits that she and Bats reevaluate their relationship, and if she was a mass murderer it would be odd for Bats to have to mull anything over, wouldn't it?

mreddie

I assume a cure of M Pox will be released but the damage will be done, Inhumans and Mutants are gonna at a cold war again or cool with each other.

Hagi

I assume a cure of M Pox will be released but the damage will be done, Inhumans and Mutants are gonna at a cold war again or cool with each other.

I'd take them agreeing that all of this was lame and let's just ignore each other for a few years.

What if Beast sacrifices himself for the cure? Seems like a win-win to me.

Beast should be the one who made the Terrigen Mists into a slow moving non dissipating mutant killing machine because reasons that mainly revolve around self loathing. Enter Dark Beast part 2.

mreddie

J. Scott Campbell @JScottCampbell · 6h6 hours ago
Hmmm.. This is the character I was asked to draw, people understand that, right? Is it THAT different? #nonconroversy #movealong

UGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH

TheFlow

Banned
Bp reading club: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1216606

Black Panther #7
I think this was a perfect chapter. Coates somehow managed to give naysayers the action they have been wanting while still maintaining the high quality writing. The dialog with the crew was not only awesome but actually made sense for the characters to say. Cage and Misty banting with each other was hilarious. Black Panther rekting fools with literally both hands behind his back is incredible.

Then, we have Shuri further going along her Wisdom quest, but we are actually getting progress.The boy who mastered flame is one hell of a story, that I won't forget.

Furthermore, we have the bad guys getting verbally owned and compared to T'challa. I wonder what they plan to do.

Coates is combining 3 different subplots together into one hell of a story. We didn't see the midnight angels but that is probably because they will have their own Marvel title in the future.

finally, look at this awesome cover for #8

stay woke/5

Messi

I hate you. you know damn well you could of snagged me one :'(.

edit:don't hate you

He was charging $40 for them :( . I went back to buy one and they were all gone. He was awesome btw. He had times he would sign for 30-45 mins and then he would stand up and give talks about how he does his art and how people can make theirs better. Also why he makes certain choices with posing characters and not using other poses. Super smart guy.

Edit: for the record, he had normal prints of Black Panther stuff that was $10. The big prints were marked as premium prints.

TheFlow

Banned
Death of X #2

ok guys not going to lie the first 5-6 pages or so legit had me convinced that this was going to be a solid issue. Let's start with the opening conversation between
Storm and Medussa
it was good dialog, and on point. Both were quick to send help to where the next terrigen mist cloud was heading and then boom! The death of cyclops by the cowards Charles Soule and Jeff Lemire(forgive me lemire), Like damn what they made cyclops do not only made me hate the issue, but question the whole entire future of the X-Men line up. cyclops has trust issues for sure and for good reason. He still should of consulted his senior X-men instead of scheming with Emma and fucking everyone over. The inhumans even tried to help.

now that I got that little panic attack out the way, I have given up hope and now will only read this for the cool action scenes.

He was charging $40 for them :( . I went back to buy one and they were all gone. He was awesome btw. He had times he would sign for 30-45 mins and then he would stand up and give talks about how he does his art and how people can make theirs better. Also why he makes certain choices with posing characters and not using other poses. Super smart guy.

Edit: for the record, he had normal prints of Black Panther stuff that was $10. The big prints were marked as premium prints.
one day I will go to one of these cons and meet my favorite artist/writers.

Top Bottom