• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

kmfdmpig

Really sounds like this is shaping up to be THE Justice League book for Rebirth.

While that's true, DC could have found a writer and artist off the street and it would have taken that mantle by default given how bad Justice League has been.

Orlando:
This is a Justice League that looks like America, that proves Heroism can look like ANYTHING and ANYONE.

ct21xsiwiaa8gm3guooq.jpg
ct21z41wyaawjoom9ozd.jpg
ct2100ewiaal87jpnqqn.jpg

TheFlow

Banned
this is one hell of a week for DC and Marvel like damn.

Superman, Batman, Green Arrow(with the return of the best artist/colorist team), midnighter&apollo. hory shit.

then luke cage, jessica jones, and champions <3.

Image: has a bunch of new releases as well including this

Romulus_01-1_300_462.png

paper girls I will most likely wait for the christmas sale to finish. in no rush for that.

Duress

Fuck it! I'm just going to wing it for NYCC panels. I never got into any panels last year, because I was picky, and too late.

January 18's Justice League of America: Killer Frost will be written by Orlando, along with Jody Houser; Mirka Andolfo will illustrate the one-shot, with Reis providing the main cover - as he will for all the one-shots.

And as DC describes it, this Killer Frost (which appears to be the "New 52"-introduced Caitlin Snow) is a member of Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad, but is due for parole from Belle Reve Prison.

"What happens to a supervillain on their last day in Belle Reve Prison?," reads DC's description of the one-shot. "Against all odds, Killer Frost is up for parole from the Suicide Squad, but you can bet Amanda Waller isn’t going to make it easy for Frost to take her place on the new JLA."

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Westworld pilot was awesome.

Love love loved it.

Loved the reveal that James Marsten was actually one of the hosts, and the Gunslinger was a human. Loved Evan Rachel Wood. Loved all that sweet sweet extra nudity.

Can't wait to see more.

And I only popped in a few times over the weekend, where did we land on gifs and spolier-ing emotional reaction? I'm not so beholden to either that I don't mind doing what makes people happy.

Also I ran my second ever D&D game yesterday. My players got a bit more into it and it was a lot of fun, but I'm still god awful at being NPCs.

Neat, a few new mignolaverse books announced, saw this on Mignola's facebook. Both are one shots. Neither appeared in the Dec solicits so I'm assumnig this will be a January thing alongside the last issue of the rise of the black flame mini.

Hellboy Winter Special 2017
Writers: Mike Mignola, Scott Allie, Paul Grist
Artists: Christopher Mitten, Sebastián Fiumara, Dave Stewart, Bill Crabtree
Publisher: Dark Horse
Three weird tales show the world of Hellboy through the years, with Edward Grey appearing alongside Sarah Jewell, hero of the recent Rise of the Black Flame series in 1890s London. In 1980s New England, Hellboy, Abe Sapien, and Liz Sherman set out on a simple search for some missing kids and encounter a tormented spirit seeking to share its pain.

And Paul Grist (Kane, Jack Staff) joins the team for a 1950s Hellboy story providing a glimpse of the next new title to debut in the Mignolaverse.

annnndddd

Lobster Johnson: Garden of Bones
Writers: Mike Mignola, John Arcudi
Artists: Stephen Green, Dave Stewart, Tonci Zonjic

When an undead hit man goes after the NYPD, the Lobster steps in to figure out if it&#8217;s a zombie&#8212;or something worse.

---------------

Awesome. Doesn't really inform much about what the next batch of proper series are for the universe, but some fun one shots. It's nice to see Arcudi will in fact continue on with the Lobster. He said as much at the time of his BPRD departure being announced, but it's concrete now.

Also, an 1980s adventure with the original gang back together <3 Mitten & Sebastian Fiumara both onboard as well is super awesome, big fan of both artists. Not sure if I'm familiar with Grist but that sound slike set-up for the enxt HB 1950s book.

Link at Paste

Also I ran my second ever D&D game yesterday. My players got a bit more into it and it was a lot of fun, but I'm still god awful at being NPCs.

Hey that's what I was doing all day yesterday!

This probably won't help you at all, but what really elevated my NPC game in this campaign was reading Harry Potter aloud to my daughter. There are about a million characters in those books, you have to be able to recall old voices and make new ones constantly. I try to make every named character sound a little different. It has greatly improved my ability to just whip out a character voice. I never used to be able to speak in character as a woman convincingly at all but I do it every session now.

Another thing that helps is having a team of players who are into it and speak in character when the character is talking. My last group was by and large pretty terrible at that which made it really hard to speak in character as a bunch of npcs. If your players are as green as you are, I'm willing to bet they don't do that very much. It takes some getting used to. If they don't do it at all, try to help them invent voices for their characters. Give out little xp rewards (or even just inspiration if you're playing 5e. I give out inspiration like candy) or maybe some sort of advantage in the next session to whoever put in the best performance.

Or maybe they aren't into the rp so much which is fine too, you gotta adapt for your group and what they want out of the game. If they aren't playing in character at all, I wouldn't worry too much about just describing what npcs do in third person. The challenge is when you have both types of player in one group, which happens almost always ;)

Top Bottom