• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

TheFlow

Banned
Cap: Sam Wilson #14

Captain America is hands down the most evil son of a bitch to grace marvel comics. like damn. This some GOT shit. Not going to lie I loled when Sam
missed

I can't re-read old stuff like that anymore though. The art is just such an eyesore.

The 90s were a different time.

Yeah I was going to make the same comment in fact. That was the beginning.

Really was. I feel you could trace the experimental lineage of today back to that event.

Its the guy who draws the ugliest Emma Frost ever.

The correct answer for who draws the ugliest [insert X-Men character name] is always Quitely.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Its the guy who draws the ugliest Emma Frost ever.

Lol what?

5ab86c749640e78c401eeadfd18c8119.jpg

ffe8a43c2f46c672f6a965862759ae21.jpg

Zombine

Banned
Awful.

Awful.

AWFUL.

timthumb.php

This was a legit cry for help and one of the greatest travesties in comics. Beyond character assassination.

By the way, this design fucking sucks.

Gen X Emma by Bachalo is my favorite. I like the later stuff that's been posted too but that's when I really fell for the character.

Gen X 25 is such a great Emma comic.

VanWinkle

A funny little excerpt from an answer Brubaker gave about picking paper stock for his books in his latest newsletter:

I just like this because he even obsesses over the spines! I appreciate that so much as a trade reader, and looking at my shelf, all of his books have a really nice consistent look, which is unfortunately not always the case. Also, it's pretty funny hearing about other creators wanting the good stuff once they've done the hard part haha. Secret wars 2: Paper wars.

I love that he does that!

Zombine

Banned
It does. But the most recent design was way better.

Was just about to add this. It's a natural-ish progression of someone who wants to try something "fresh"

That Emo Dazzler shit was just fucking...what the fuck. Overall I enjoyed what Bendis did on Uncanny, but this was not one of the things I did.

Messi

Awful.

Awful.

AWFUL.

timthumb.php

This was a legit cry for help and one of the greatest travesties in comics. Beyond character assassination.

By the way, this design fucking sucks.

They moved past this on a few issues. She looks great now.

Also Anka is dreadful.

anaron

So after reading Mockingbird 8, I was thinking Bobbi was referring to Phantom Rider in jest, but it looks like Chelsea Cain has decided that he didn't in fact rape her, but that she cheated on Hawkeye.

@TealBaum: @ChelseaCain so Bobbi was saying she gave her consent to the ghost guy way back when and Clint just didn't want to believe it?

@ChelseaCain: @TealBaum Yep. Wanted to draw attention to the fact that we've only heard these stories from a male POV. Which is really the problem.

"@ChelseaCain: @TealBaum I think so. It is a feminist act to give a woman a point of view. Ever. Always. We don't have to be slaves to the old canon."

what.the.fuck.

how did this make it past the editors?

mreddie

So after reading Mockingbird 8, I was thinking Bobbi was referring to Phantom Rider in jest, but it looks like Chelsea Cain has decided that he didn't in fact rape her, but that she cheated on Hawkeye.

@TealBaum: @ChelseaCain so Bobbi was saying she gave her consent to the ghost guy way back when and Clint just didn't want to believe it?

@ChelseaCain: @TealBaum Yep. Wanted to draw attention to the fact that we've only heard these stories from a male POV. Which is really the problem.

"@ChelseaCain: @TealBaum I think so. It is a feminist act to give a woman a point of view. Ever. Always. We don't have to be slaves to the old canon."

what.the.fuck.

how did this make it past the editors?

Rape is icky so someone gotta retcon it. I'm actually shocked they didn't just say it was Skrull Bobbi.

Top Bottom