• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Sorry man didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Something about just tossing a book to Soule just to have it on the shelves? Anyway it stuck with me...and apparently transformed a bit ;) Fortunately not something you disagree with at least!

And yeah I would hope that the fact they are doing an Iceman book means someone had a really good idea for an Iceman book.

I bet it's writer-centric, though. I feel like All New X-Men could have been a hot take but then Bagley gets put on it and here we are.

My point is then, in a world where money and fame can corrupt a "good?" person, that we probably consume products from many "bad" people that are creating yet it's only ethical if that person gets caught. So ignorance is bliss is what the world is saying. But I'm saying we should not embrace ignorance, we should embrace the good and the bad. They both exist before us and will exist long after us.
I haven't read or followed everything involving this case, so I'm not an expert, but I'm of the beliefe that something had to have been happening before hand. Roc didn't become a scumbag because of RQ, but it certainly magnified it and made it worse

Ross61

I haven't read or followed everything involving this case, so I'm not an expert, but I'm of the beliefe that something had to have been happening before hand. Roc didn't become a scumbag because of RQ, but it certainly magnified it and made it worse
Yeah, traits like that are deep-rooted, they just don't pop up.

I bet it's writer-centric, though. I feel like All New X-Men could have been a hot take but then Bagley gets put on it and here we are.

Lol No way Snyder begged for JRJR on his All Star run. DC just have to justify that big contract they signed. I don't care what they say! (first thing I thought of in relation)

kmfdmpig

There is speculation that AT+T will buy Time Warner, which of course, owns DC.

I wonder if that would have any impact on the management of DC in the future.

Why do people hate JRJR?

At least for me, I've just really gone off his stuff man. The thing is, everything I liked of his was as a kid, his spiderman stuff etc, so it's hard to go back and quantify if it's him that changed or me. The last thing I remember legitimately really liking was Enemy of the state.

Zombine

Banned
Imagine a Cable story about Cable coming from the future to tell Cable that the future is bad and that only future Cable can fix the present future so it doesn't become the alternate Future Cable future.

The best thing I saw about the JSC cover contro is that people who try to defend it as artistic freedom or whatever never talk about the cover's artistic merits

It's so lol

The best thing I saw about the JSC cover contro is that people who try to defend it as artistic freedom or whatever never talk about the cover's artistic merits

It's so lol

I don't defend it based on its artistic merits, I defend it because it probably has an audience out there. Who are we to deny it to its audience?

I don't defend it based on its artistic merits, I defend it because it probably has an audience out there. Who are we to deny it to its audience?

That's not how you accuse someone of censorship though (which, btw, can only be done by a government, not a publisher deciding what they themselves do or do not want to publish)

It's so lol

Ha ha. Artistic merits. I don't think anyone is arguing that it has any. I mean, as a comic cover in 2016 it is literally dog shit. I think the cries that it's sexualizing her are a bit exaggerated, though.

CvToMEsUsAE4lFf.jpg

Awesome drawing of the penguin, by Riley Rossmo. Has the penguin been in the current Tom King bat book or is this just Rossmo having fun? Grabbed it from twitter.

Yes. But I'm saying as poses go, it isn't that sexy. Count your blessings that they didn't hire Milo Manara on this one.

I think it's more that JSC has never established himself as an artist of anything other than cheesecake poses (worse than even Cho tbh). His creator owned series was literally three hot spies.

I think it's more that JSC has never established himself as an artist of anything other than cheesecake poses (worse than even Cho tbh). His creator owned series was literally three hot spies.

You do whatever you have to do make money in the comic biz. I don't judge. He's a cover artist so it's whatevs. He enjoys it. You need to shift the blame to Marvel.

It's like Marvel hiring Yoji Shinkawa to design robots for a new Marvel comic and you get robots with dicks. You hired the man. You should have known you would get robots with dicks. Research.

That's not how you accuse someone of censorship though (which, btw, can only be done by a government, not a publisher deciding what they themselves do or do not want to publish)

I would say society (social media) has become the biggest governing body when it comes to censorship. I don't think censorship is something that politicians have touched since Grand Theft Auto and Eminem. The problem with that though is not everyone gets represented.

You do whatever you have to do make money in the comic biz. I don't judge. He's a cover artist so it's whatevs. He enjoys it. You need to shift the blame to Marvel.

For soliciting and almost publishing the cover? Definitely.

I would say society (social media) has become the biggest governing body when it comes to censorship. I don't think censorship is something that politicians have touched since Grand Theft Auto and Eminem. The problem with that though is not everyone gets represented.

Literally only a government can censor. Everything else is a business making a decision based on profit risk/reward. People just get pissed, royally pissed, when they're on the wrong side of that equation. Tough toenails, I guess?

Top Bottom