• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Totally a personal thing. Just emphasizes to me that there isn't a lot in that lineup I'm excited about, and I hate the idea of launching a book with FOUR one-shots. Like if they actually draw from those for anything important, I will probably just check out.

Donnie, there looks to be a Dark Horse Halloween sale on CMX. Doesn't look like there's much by Mignola in it. Hoped for that and Alien books.

I'm not sure how this happened, but...All-New is the best X-Men team book right now.

It's a low bar, I know. But ANXM has been giving us some nice, personal stories that recall the days of X-yore, even when they don't quite work. ExXM is kind of a mess. Neither story being told here is any good, and it's all so predictable. It's so easy to see where this is going and why. Whereas with ANXM's current direction, as long as I avoid the solicits, every issue feels like a cool little surprise.

And I'll take Mark "Mr. Bland" Bagley any day over the garbage Ibañez is churning out. Magik is so hideous in this arc I can barely stand to look at her.

Again, low bar. Neither book is in the "would recommend" category at the moment, but ANXM is definitely on top.

I was sorta lukewarm on JLA but dat Lobo.

So with the Ray presumably being gay like he is in that cartoon, is this the first queer member of the Justice League?
Wonder Woman's queer, so no. More representation is always a good thing though.
Physical 4 Lyfe. Nerd.

Well the only way to get a new copy now is to buy the overpriced omnibus that has smaller page dimensions so that's not a good choice either!

Sandfox

It's Batman and Lobo with a whole bunch of CW heroes.

JLA.01.cover_.Preview2.jpg
The fact that Batman is on the team and got the biggest picture bothers me.
New Elektra book with the MCU costume. No creative team despite launching at the same time as the Kingpin and Bullseye series.
Elektra was on the teaser for Marvel Now and the only character who doesn't have a book now is Quake, which will probably be a new SHIELD book starring
Thing.
Kingpin might get some love but yeah, I can't see it doing well.
I'm not expecting to last long, but be good enough in combination with the mini to get move Rosenberg quicky up Marvel;s ladder.
Wasp 2 variant
That is really good.
I gotta say, every day that goes by without any ResX creative announcements, I get a little less excited for ResX
The previews and promoting in the media will bring the hype.
I'm not sure how this happened, but...All-New is the best X-Men team book right now.

It's a low bar, I know. But ANXM has been giving us some nice, personal stories that recall the days of X-yore, even when they don't quite work. ExXM is kind of a mess. Neither story being told here is any good, and it's all so predictable. It's so easy to see where this is going and why. Whereas with ANXM's current direction, as long as I avoid the solicits, every issue feels like a cool little surprise.

And I'll take Mark "Mr. Bland" Bagley any day over the garbage Ibañez is churning out. Magik is so hideous in this arc I can barely stand to look at her.

Again, low bar. Neither book is in the "would recommend" category at the moment, but ANXM is definitely on top.
All-New is my favorite X team book.

Hopefully the Elektra book lasts longer than the previous volume, I really enjoyed that.

Del Mundo's art was amazing, though.

It's a shame Harley lost the coin flip to Batman to be on justice league of America.

That prep time.

I will try any team book with the Ray in it, even if it does have Lobo

Of all the characters in that book, The Ray is your selling point?

I really want to read that book... but fuck. Lobo? I hate Lobo.

But he's the main man.

BC: Didio just had a talk. They expect 3-4 books from the initial wave to move to monthly in 2017. Didio's favorite book from DC is Flintstones.

This may be the first correct thing DiDio has ever said.

I'd completely agree. I just read the last issue with Cyclops and I really enjoyed it.

I wasn't completely into the Iceman issue before that just because it seemed unnecessarily wordy and kind of dragged to get to the point. Still wasn't bad, was just a down issue for me.

Been forcing myself to re-read (again) and catch up to TWD. Up to #25 so far.

No idea whatsoever how i failed to notice what a complete psycho Rick is from almost the very start.

Messi

No idea whatsoever how i failed to notice what a complete psycho Rick is from almost the very start.

He takes every opportunity to go full psycho right from the beginning.

I have ALWAYS found Rick to be a very sympathetic character. I will allow for the possibility that I am therefore a psycho but everything he has ever done has made perfect sense to me.

One exception: (prison arc)
when he whacked that guy during the zombie melee. That was ice cold, Rick

Kirkman's writing has improved so much that it was hard as hell for me to re-read TWD since the dialogue used to be so clunky in the beginning. I got past the first arc and then couldn't continue past the non-Tony Moore issues.

Kirkman's writing has improved so much that it was hard as hell for me to re-read TWD since the dialogue used to be so clunky in the beginning. I got past the first arc and then couldn't continue past the non-Tony Moore issues.

Yeah I recently re-read it myself and had much the same experience at first...skipped up to the issues just past the prison, which include many of my favorite arcs, and it was smooth sailing from there

The fact that Batman is on the team and got the biggest picture bothers me.
Same. But I'm still going to check it out for the rest of the roster. It'd be pretty funny if it was an Uncanny Avengers situation, and Batman just goes "I can't stand Lobo" and leaves part of the way through.

Owzers

Now that Hillary is for sure going to jail with this reopened email investigation, I'm in the mood to celebrate by reading comics. I need to get caught up with black panther first then move on to the last five issues of east of west.

Sandfox

Batman as a team leader is a bad?

Has Justice League International taught you nothing?
JLA looks cool to me because it's a team of lesser known and diverse heroes, but of course they had to throw Batverine in for his fourth team(if you count Trinity) and give him the big overarching spot on the cover. I'm guessing DC isn't confident in the team lineup so they just threw Batman in.

Ross61

JLA looks cool to me because it's a team of lesser known and diverse heroes, but of course they had to throw Batverine in for his fourth team(if you count Trinity) and give him the big overarching spot on the cover. I'm guessing DC isn't confident in the team lineup so they just threw Batman in.

With how many similiar books like these that have failed recently, I wouldn't be confident either.

So do you think the scene orlando talks about in the interview was just shoehorned in to manufacture a reason for him to lead the team?

frye

it's just DC tradition tbh

see also: Batman and the Outsiders, Justice League International

Top Bottom