• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

PsychBat!

Banned
You ever get a random call by anyone who doesn't say anything and hangs up then when you call back they deny they called you in the first place?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You ever get a random call by anyone who doesn't say anything and hangs up then when you call back they deny they called you in the first place?

Why in the 7th layer of hell would you call the number?

I got a random call from some dude in Florida who called to tell me that his wife or girlfriend was going crazy and he said he tried messaging me on Facebook. I just went along with the call. He even knew my first name.

Messi

Someone commissioned Chris Samnee to draw Batman and Daredevil and then once it was finished....rejected it.

BATMAN_VS_DD.jpg

I don't understand.

I could never reject a commission. You have to know what you are going to get by researching the work. You know what you are getting from Samnee. He takes commissions so rarely too lol.

I signed up for my free WWE Network trial so I can see the women's hell in a cell match on Sunday for free. Watching some NXT shows... I see a lot of NXT lifers who ain't never getting called up. XD

Basically said the same thing but fed the trolls. Also tweeting about the election constantly.

Following some creators, he's the only one I had to mute so far because he never calms down about the election.

Just flipped through his Twitter

It really bothers me that these guys have changed the narrative to "no sales, no book." Maybe I'm off base here, but it doesn't seem like this had anything to do with the book's sales. Many of the people who attacked Cain don't even read comics. So why are we talking about that?

mreddie

It really bothers me that these guys have changed the narrative to "no sales, no book." Maybe I'm off base here, but it doesn't seem like this had anything to do with the book's sales. Many of the people who attacked Cain don't even read comics. So why are we talking about that?

Because diversity comics getting canned before making the 2nd trade = give it money to prevent more like it getting canned = only the marketing is still shit = yet still market to the same idiots likely won't read any books but pirate them
hqdefault.jpg

Messi

Because diversity comics getting canned before making the 2nd trade = give it money to prevent more like it getting canned = only the marketing is still shit = yet still market to the same idiots likely won't read any books but pirate them
hqdefault.jpg

I believe Mockingbird was cancelled before the first trade. But they said they had internal order numbers for the trade to know it didn't matter.

Sounds like bullshit but...

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Yeah that seemed like a very weird turn in the conversation to me too.

Owzers

Someone commissioned Chris Samnee to draw Batman and Daredevil and then once it was finished....rejected it.

BATMAN_VS_DD.jpg

I don't understand.

I could never reject a commission. You have to know what you are going to get by researching the work. You know what you are getting from Samnee. He takes commissions so rarely too lol.
Too much daredevil crotch.

mreddie

I believe Mockingbird was cancelled before the first trade. But they said they had internal order numbers for the trade to know it didn't matter.

Sounds like bullshit but...

Yeah, there's 2 things coming from this and the abuse is now overshadowed by sales talk.

Maybe because Cain said she's didn't leave because of the trolls, she left because she felt like it was a good time to leave so the abuse talk somehow ended.

After searching every freaking shop in town, I finally found Love and Rockets #1.

That's rough man. Mine had stacks of them along with one of the variants. I got a copy last week just to have it.

My local shop is really popular so they're good at getting stuff in. Only time there's ever really a problem is for trades occasionally. It's rare I don't see a book on the shelf on a Wednesday though.

I switched to digital for single issues mostly out of convenience. I don't like storing them.

Ponn

Banned
I picked up Thor (goddess of thunder) Aaron vol. 1 and 2 on Amazon/Comixology. They were on sale for 8.99 and 6.99 respectively. I noticed there isn't a volume 3, does it slide into Mighty Thor then?

Messi

Yeah, there's 2 things coming from this and the abuse is now overshadowed by sales talk.

Maybe because Cain said she's didn't leave because of the trolls, she left because she felt like it was a good time to leave so the abuse talk somehow ended.

I guess she is saying that to avoid feeding the trolls but this feels bad. :( Its a good time to leave? fuck that. you are a great fucking writer. you can't stop because of this shit. I hate this whole situation. Those people are just trash.

I picked up Thor (goddess of thunder) Aaron vol. 1 and 2 on Amazon/Comixology. They were on sale for 8.99 and 6.99 respectively. I noticed there isn't a volume 3, does it slide into Mighty Thor then?

Yup

Sandfox

Spencer was complaining about how there's an obvious harassment problem in the community with trolls that needed to be stopped and said that the industry will change by reaching a more diverse audience and buying diverse books. People were calling him a Marvel sales shill over it and then he started listing off DC and Image books people should buy like Batwoman.

Brevoort said that while getting Cain's name trending is good, the best way to support her and fight the harassment is to actually buy her book.

I guess she is saying that to avoid feeding the trolls but this feels bad. :( Its a good time to leave? fuck that. you are a great fucking writer. you can't stop because of this shit. I hate this whole situation. Those people are just trash.

It's extremely shitty and awful that a wildly popular writer can jump into comics and in less than a year have to shut her twitter down because she dared to put the words "feminist agenda" on a comic book cover. It's awful and it's embarrassing.

That shirt was a JOKE for christs sake

Boogiepop

Cage was a sarcastic post meant to bait JC into posting some panel from it! Get anything Ennis wrote under the MAX imprint.

Ah, good thing I was too lazy/distracted to have put together an order for the sale just yet, then! And again, thanks!

Also, I have now read the first 14 issues of X-O Manowar, and thus has my descent into Valiant begun. But yeah, that was interesting. A very different sort of setup and all that, and I thought it come together quite nicely. Also, man, that was not what I was expecting. I think due to my only exposure to the character being people mocking that old terrible Iron Man crossover game on the internet, I was expecting a Tony Stark knock off, and... that definitely isn't what this book is, I guess outside of some real baseline armor similarities, maybe.

JTripper

BATMAN_VS_DD.jpg

I don't understand.

Shit, I mean if I asked an artist I'm a huge fan of for a commission with my favorite characters there's no way I would or could refuse. Also, Batman and Daredevil are my favorites, so I'd love to own that.

Batman as a team leader is a bad?

Has Justice League International taught you nothing?
I'm just a man who is still just tired of Batman. I really am. I don't think he's a bad character and never will. I will never retroactively say that good comics featuring him are bad just because it's Batman and I'm tired of him. But I can safely say that I just don't care about him.
Metamorpho looking to get in that ass.
You are a beautiful human being
It's not gonna be easy. Especially getting Terra back.

She was able to save him in the end and that's all that matters. TBH, I don't really know how she could've stopped Vanitas and Xehanort from getting to Ventus. She was on a doomed mission to begin with.
Bitch could have dragged their sorry asses back. Seriously. Her missions were: Find out what was up with Xehanort and bring Ven back. Yes, technically she accomplished both, but damn was it too late by that point.

Honestly though, it's not even really her fault.
The only thing that was ultimately going to stop Ven was his destruction (fuck Eraqus by the way) or Terra. Terra was the big problem, and that boy...man fuck that boy. He can stay body trapped for all I care.
All of them were facing off against a man who was like 5 steps ahead of them. Ventus' heart is safe, Terra's heart is gone or presumably still with Master Xehanort OR with Terra-Xehanort and Aqua is still wandering in darkness.

Vanitas is gone for good so that's something.
Ven's heart is still busted, though. And they have no idea how to fix it without Aqua. Aqua is literally the only one who knows where Ven is.
I like it.

BATMAN_VS_DD.jpg

I don't understand.

That's AWESOME. Even though DD does look a little stiff, so his angle seems highly unnatural.

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: Pink #4
Pretty good issue following the last one. Some solid action, and I'm really digging this whole "Seven Samurai" vibe they're going with (for lack of a better way to describe it). Ultimately, though, Goldar is a huge fuck and
Kim totally should have left his ass underwater. Not like he couldn't swim. The simple fact that she somehow didn't think he was going to go after Verto immediately for the kill is a wee bit shortsighted on her part.

Strong issue and the MMPR books continue to be way better than they should be.

Glitterbomb #2
Once again, not at all what I expect out of a book called Glitterbomb. Like, damn. I can't say much else other then that this is basically a horror story and I'm digging it. I'm just not sure where it's going right now. We have the
police investigation, but that's about it. 10-1 odds says Farrah kills Dean, the cop is part of a clan that hunts monsters like Farrah, they fall in love but ultimately have to kill each other. The babysitter raises Farrah's son as his mom.

Predictions locked.

PsychBat!

Banned
Why in the 7th layer of hell would you call the number?

lol @ picking up the phone. I screen calls 100% of the time...when I bother getting up to see who it is.

Forgot to mention that this person called my smart phone and I saw the number and where it was coming from. It was a local call so I wasn't worried about who it was. He immediately picks up and says him name and I ask "did you call this number a few seconds ago?" and he responds with "no I didn't" and I reply back with sarcasm saying "okay I guess it was my imagination". Right before I could get to ask him another question, he hangs up which catches me off guard and little irked so I call again. He picks up the phone quicker than the last time and yells "I didn't call your phone STOP CALLING ME!"

welp

Ven's heart is still busted, though.

who's to say it still is? Maybe during all that time residing in Sora's heart, Ven's heart must have healed and now it's up to Sora and co. to find Aqua and fix Ventus.

If only it were so easy for Terra :(

Sadist

Yay, I'm almost done with collecting Ultimate Spider-Man (The Peter Parker run that is) The only volume I'm missing is 18 (Ultimate Knights) and I have to get that one quick; it's almost out of print.

Yay, I'm almost done with collecting Ultimate Spider-Man (The Peter Parker run that is) The only volume I'm missing is 18 (Ultimate Knights) and I have to get that one quick; it's almost out of print.

I'm doing the same at the moment. The only one I'm missing is 16 (Deadpool). I've bought it but heard nothing from the seller since so I'm guessing they were bullshitting about it being in stock. It's pretty difficult to find for a decent price here in the UK and IST didn't have it when I imported a few remaining volumes from them.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting. This implies you have more than one comic shop in town.

I have around ten or twelve shops, though some are in a corporate chain.

That's rough man. Mine had stacks of them along with one of the variants. I got a copy last week just to have it.

My local shop is really popular so they're good at getting stuff in. Only time there's ever really a problem is for trades occasionally. It's rare I don't see a book on the shelf on a Wednesday though.

I switched to digital for single issues mostly out of convenience. I don't like storing them.

Sounds like a good shop. My LCS is incredibly popular (has won best store a several years in a row) and located by a small for-profit university. They are quite small, though they have a bar/restaurant in the back (which is probably how they survive that and being so close to a college), but concentrate on superheroes and Image books mostly--tons of POP and posters, and no back-issues. They did not get in L&R, and with the Archangel kerfuffle, I didn't bother asking them to order it. The store also sometimes doesn't get variants in, or they tack on a "variant tax" while I have noticed the chain store doesn't. As much as I don't want to change stores, I think I might do it-- I like supporting the little guy, though. And I really like the staff-- they are awesome...

Man

Tyreese's relationship with michonne is all sorts of hilarious. Pretty much "you gon b a fuckboi and you gon like it. now shut the fuck up". Role reversal at its best. The faces the artist draws for them at those moments complement it perfectly.

Top Bottom