• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Anyone want a Gears 3 or Gears Judgement (ew) code? They gave me codes for each with Gears 4 and then I got a message from Xbox giving me another two. Figured I'd ask in here first.

Ross61

I didn't know that Lobo could create a clone of himself from a drop of his blood. That could easily explain why he's not dead and in JLA.

I knew there was a reason I waited to pick up the trades.

I was going to buy comics this week, but then Freeza made it that I had to buy Titanfall 2, so bought a few novels alongside to fill out my order on amazon. Started buying physical novels for some reason, after years of using my kindle. I know some of you guys are all about the digital life with your comics, but somehow things I own digitally seem to occupy a lower rung in my mind, I lose interest or forgot about them more easily.

Don't blame Freeza for your money-spending habits. It's not my fault you are easily influenced. Also, I haven't bought a physical novel in years. What are you going to do if you come across a word you don't know? You're going to have to go find another book and thumb through it to find out what it means. I know you won't just Google it because you like physical books so much. But if you were reading a digital book you could just hold your finger over the word and the definition would pop up like magic. I bet you drive a Flintmobile, too. Stop standing in the way of progress.

Holy shit. Picked up 10 cloverfield lane to watch this evening as our halloween weekend movie....basically a perfect movie. I was literally on the edge of my seat with my hands over my face shouting no multiple times, and probably the whole end part of the film. A near perfect movie.

Also lol I finally got messi to take my gears codes and then Microsoft emailed me another set too haha. Surely everyone ever has the old gears games now. And I'm really enjoying titanfall so I'll ignore that little rant freeza ;) It would take too long looking for definitions if I did anyway.

Owzers

10 Cloverfield lane sure doesn't sound like Channel Zero.

They both have numbers, but are different.

I need to sell things on ebay but am delaying listing them:

Sullivan's Sluggers hardcover - surely high demand
Batman Inc deluxe hardcover vol 1
Superman Secret Origin hardcover
Secret Wars 0-9
Flashpoint 1-5
Wicked and Divine 1-11 but am waiting for the tv show hype?
Daredevil OHC vol 1 and 2 from Waid which i'm not getting vol 3 so i'm bailing out.

Who really wants to spend time listing Sullivan's Sluggers?

You have a real way of getting to the heart of things monkey. I haven't heard of Channel Zero though.

I really do recommend that movie to folks though, I think that would be my favourite movie of the year right there (although admittedly I haven't saw a lot of brand new movies this year).

10-Cloverfield-Lane-Logo.jpg

Owzers

Channel Zero reminds me of It but with puppets? Not that everyone is a puppet but it involves a creepy old kids puppet show on tv. It's a slow build but definitely worth while even if it's not a Trump 10, each episode feels meaningful. I urge everyone to watch it, first three episodes of the six episode miniseries are on syfy channel on-demand if you have Comcast.

It is currently the best show on tv? That i watch.

Channel Zero reminds me of It but with puppets? It's a slow build but definitely worth while even if it's not a Trump 10. I urge everyone to watch it, first three episodes of the six episode miniseries are on syfy channel on-demand if you have Comcast.

It is currently the best show on tv? That i watch.

"It but with puppets"

:O Sold! I love It.

Sadist

I'm doing the same at the moment. The only one I'm missing is 16 (Deadpool). I've bought it but heard nothing from the seller since so I'm guessing they were bullshitting about it being in stock. It's pretty difficult to find for a decent price here in the UK and IST didn't have it when I imported a few remaining volumes from them.
Yeah, I got Deadpool used, but it was in mint condition. Was returned by a bloke who apperently had that volume at home allready. I'm not complaining :) But it's been pretty fun collecting the series.

Btw comic GAF, I saw Dr. Strange today. Pretty cool flick.

VanWinkle

I need to sell things on ebay but am delaying listing them:

Sullivan's Sluggers hardcover - surely high demand
Batman Inc deluxe hardcover vol 1
Superman Secret Origin hardcover
Secret Wars 0-9
Flashpoint 1-5
Wicked and Divine 1-11 but am waiting for the tv show hype?
Daredevil OHC vol 1 and 2 from Waid which i'm not getting vol 3 so i'm bailing out.

Who really wants to spend time listing Sullivan's Sluggers?

Price shipped for Secret Origin?

tim1138

Silver Age Supergirl is amazing. I just read a story where she went back in time to the age of dinosaurs and threw a triceratops at a pterodactyl.

kmfdmpig

Holy shit. Picked up 10 cloverfield lane to watch this evening as our halloween weekend movie....basically a perfect movie. I was literally on the edge of my seat with my hands over my face shouting no multiple times, and probably the whole end part of the film. A near perfect movie. .

Yes. I loved it as well. The story and pacing were both top-notch, I thought. I was looking forward to it, but it still vastly exceeded my expectations.

tim1138

Yeah

Hahaha, I remember that.

With as many times as she's drilled through the Earth, it ought to be hollow.

Cool! I just ordered the silver age suicide squad and Moebuis books from IST. Think I'll add this one on my next order.

It's a lot of fun, this is my first exposure to old Supergirl comics and I'm loving it so much. The next omnibus I'm picking up is the Bronze Age Brave and the Bold that comes out in January. That book is gonna have so much great Jim Aparo art in it.

Sandfox

How do you sell things on Ebay? I'm thinking about getting rid of some games. I don't want to pay for shipping on Amazon or Gamestop.

Gee Marvel, if you I don't know, promote it correctly?

Mosaic actually did get a push. People never really seemed to be into the character though.

Messi

How do you sell things on Ebay? I'm thinking about getting rid of some games. I don't want to pay for shipping on Amazon or Gamestop.

Gee Marvel, if you I don't know, promote it correctly?

But then how would they promote the new Bendis Iron Man books? They only have so much time.

--

November thread is locked in. Not changing anything else even if Archie delays their entire line again. No Political parts either, purging sillymonkey from the OT.

mreddie

Mosaic actually did get a push. People never really seemed to be into the character though.

I wonder to who though? If they were trying to copy the playbook to Ms. Marvel but to boys, they misfired.

Doesn't help the reviews to #1 were just bombas.

November thread is locked in. Not changing anything else even if Archie delays their entire line again. No Political parts either, purging sillymonkey from the OT.

Marvel: Norman Osborn
DC: Lex Luthor
Vailant: Bloodshot
IDW: Optimus
Image: I'm sure they have a lot of political thrillers.

Love is Love is November right?

Messi

I wonder to who though? If they were trying to copy the playbook to Ms. Marvel but to boys, they misfired.

Marvel: Norman Osborn
DC: Lex Luthor
Vailant: Bloodshot
IDW: Optimus
Image: I'm sure they have a lot of political thrillers.

Love is Love is November right?

Delayed to December 21st.

Buncha crap in next months OT. Lemme tell you.

Sandfox

November is going to be a good month for comics.

The fact that he was a black basketball player turned a lot of people off since the announcement based on what I read among other complaints. I like that Marvel tried to push a brand new black hero like that, but Mosiac the character has limited appeal and then the first issue of the book itself ended up being meh.

Messi

The fact that he was a black basketball player turned a lot of people off since the announcement based on what I read among other complaints. I like that Marvel tried to push a brand new black hero like that, but Mosiac the character has limited appeal and then the first issue of the book itself ended up being meh.

Gonna be great if you like #1s

mreddie

Being a black basketball player turned people off? I assume because it was a pro B-Ball player some people couldn't relate to? It would have made sense had he been a High School or College player I guess and yeah, the first issue...7 issues max.

Olivia Wilde and Anna Kendrick: THE REAL VOTE THAT MATTERS.

Ross61

Being a black basketball player turned people off? I assume because it was a pro B-Ball player some people couldn't relate to? It would have made sense had he been a High School or College player I guess and yeah, the first issue...7 issues max.

I just find the black basketball player turned superhero stereotype just so played out.

Messi

I can tell you something. As long as I am making the OT there will be Olivia Wilde and no Anna Kendrick in my OTs.

Yes. I loved it as well. The story and pacing were both top-notch, I thought. I was looking forward to it, but it still vastly exceeded my expectations.

Totally. It basically was exactly what I thought it would be, but just executed perfectly. I can't believe how good Goodman was. I already know what scenes ill be looking forward to when I rewatch. Did you see the article about God particle that cbr had up the other day?

Sat and read TMNT vol 1: change is constant this evening. I really liked that that for what it is. There was maybe a few too many times of a character talking out loud to themselves extensively (I'm thinking of April) but I wouldn't take it too seriously or analyse it too critically so I can forgive it that. I liked some of the twists on the origin, Raph getting separated works well with the role he traditionally plays in the foursome. The stuff with him and Casey was good, and making Hob his personal nemesis, just good stuff all round, well thought out. Looking forward to reading the next one.

Ross61

MODS! MODS! THIS INJUSTICE WILL NOT STAND!

Same, doesn't help DC is doing the same thing with their book...with electric powers!
Because post 2000!

I think the minor difference is that in Vigilante the main character was just doing it for recreation and his actual job is maintenance. Also helps that the book was solid imo.

Sandfox

Gonna be great if you like #1s
Yeah, we're getting new books from creative teams I like and some Sonic anniversary stuff that I really want to read. Then you have the final arc of Invincible starting in addition to the next arc of The Wicked + The Divine starting.

Yeah, a lot of people said they couldn't relate.

Messi

Yeah, we're getting new books from creative teams I like and some Sonic anniversary stuff that I really want to read. Then you have the final arc of Invincible starting in addition to the next arc of The Wicked + The Divine starting.

Yeah, a lot of people said they couldn't relate.

I remember that lots of people couldn't relate to CJ.

giphy.gif

Let's just have another October OT.

One of these ladies was on House MD. One of them is a Skrull.

I can tell you something. As long as I am making the OT there will be Olivia Wilde and no Anna Kendrick in my OTs.

I have no complaints. Because if we were to include Anna Kendrick, I'd be making the images.

Top Bottom