• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

TheFlow

Banned
Mosaic was rough. The black stereotypes made it hard to read. Now that are kinda move it past that I will pick up the second issue. It is definitely on my drop radar

Hagi

Wonderful news. Give em to me

Wow all these new 1's really sneak up on you. Unworthy Thor, Avengers and Occupy Avengers all out this Wednesday. Going to skip on the Avengers books but hyped for Thor.

Might check out Occupy Avengers even though it sounds like it should be called Heroes For Hire and not star the killer formerly known as worst Hawkeye.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Just noticed that the second Old Man Logan Trades shows us the Events of the Night the Villains won.
Best Marvel Book ever confirmed.
Its not going to end soon, right?

TheFlow

Banned
Yea that's the one. I'm going read it when my dcbs package come on Wednesday.

even though black people and electric powers are overplayed I am going to give it a try to support my ethnicity, and I love the style of the book. it is giving me nightwing vibes

Titanfall 2 multi is fun enough. Ttk is so short with both pilots and titans though , you barely get a chance to get into the dance with each other and use all your different skills, environment to get the w, it's just blam either way. It's good for quick sessions though ill give it that, gears I need like 15-20 mins a game. Campaign is really neat so far though, just beat the first named boss. I like it a lot. I wish the horde mode was back, I thought the last games horde was legitimately hard to beat.

Oh shit. Hahahaha. I was thinking of the Hood from the Marvel roster.

A way cooler villain FYI.

Well I looked at the final issue of Illuminati and it's safe to say the relationship is now over.
Titanfall 2 multi is fun enough. Ttk is so short with both pilots and titans though , you barely get a chance to get into the dance with each other and use all your different skills, environment to get the w, it's just blam either way. It's good for quick sessions though ill give it that, gears I need like 15-20 mins a game. Campaign is really neat so far though, just beat the first named boss. I like it a lot. I wish the horde mode was back, I thought the last games horde was legitimately hard to beat.
But does your Titan come in gold?
tgPL5ss.jpg

Damn that is awesome dude. Nah, I've not fussed around too much with that stuff so far, but it's pretty cool they have so much customisation in this one. What titan type would you recommend btw?
My main Titan is Ronin since I like quick manuverbility and hit and run tactics. It depends on what your playstyle is. What do you usually do with your Titan?

Frostbite 1-2: Dont think I will continue with this. It's fine, perfectly serviceable. It takes the type of dystopian fiction where some resource we take for granted - in this case, heat - has grown incredibly scarce and skyrocketed in value as a result, and blends in plenty of
The Last of Us, with a post-apocalyptic road trip and even a freaky disease. It borrows many beats from that game's story. No ice zombies though sadly
. For me it's all a little too ordinary, a little too routine. There's nothing here that stands out.

There's also quite a lot of awkward expository dialogue, especially in the first issue. And there's a ridiiiiiiculous tease with
a huge awesome snow tank...which is immediately abandoned when our heroes are ambushed. And I mean so fast it's only featured in one panel. This to me would be like if Han and the gang had gotten attacked by the stormtroopers in Mos Eisley and said "Woah! Forget the ship, run for your lives!"

My main Titan is Ronin since I like quick manuverbility and hit and run tactics. It depends on what your playstyle is. What do you usually do with your Titan?

In the last game I spent a lot of time at range against other titans, but probably spent more time picking off roaming pilots. Ill need to dig in with this tomorrow and figure what my preferences are.

In the last game I spent a lot of time at range against other titans, but probably spent more time picking off roaming pilots. Ill need to dig in with this tomorrow and figure what my preferences are.
You might like Tone, which is the Titan everyone is using. She has good long range shots and fire rockets.

Hrm. Up to TWD #57, when handlebar mousta army bro shows up.

Things have indeed improved dramatically after the first 20-24 issues... as soon as the guvnah showed up, really. Which is kind of fascinating, since that dude is such a moustache-twirling caricature that one would think he'd be a mark against the book.

What i'm finding odd is how i could've read some scenes so incorrectly back when i first touched this thing yoinks ago.Like, my memory of handlebro was that he was just a tuff guy asshat, but then there's the scene of him confessing to his companion how he's having rage issues, is racked with guilt over what he has done, and all the rest. The exposition is horrendously hamfisted, sure, but drives the point home that he's the same as Rick (only mildly less psychotic), and quickly establishes that the character's actions shouldn't be taken at face value. Which makes me wonder how i could've gotten him so wrong back then.

Almost makes me want to have another go at that horrendous piece of trash called Y: The Last Man again. Might've committed the same mistake there.

After a screening of The Dark Knight two women were talking about how they related to Joker.
Now that HAD to be a joke
i mean it's gotta be the punisher right
That one always gets me.
A fried of mine refered to her a couple of months as Stacy X from New Mutants...
How?
Maybe he/she is a troubled person and a black sheep in their family................
Maybe, but that's only a small piece of his character. Red Hood is an extreme example of such personal traits.
Oh shit. Hahahaha. I was thinking of the Hood from the Marvel roster.

A way cooler villain FYI.

He is pretty dope, but no longer has a family as of Illuminati.

Sandfox

I'm starting my reading of Claremont's X-Men run and Giant-Size X-Men most certainly wouldn't fly today. I know the X-Men are jerks, but I was surprised with how mean spirited the story was. This issue wasn't written by Claremont so I'm curious to see what his writing is like.

Top Bottom