• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

TheFlow

Banned
It's weird, because I never hated Cottonmouth. Like, he did some bad shit, but I never really hated him. I didn't dislike him, and his constant fuck-ups just made him tenacious. It made it all very personal. And then the flashback just made me feel bad for him. Then WHAM comes Mariah and her talking to Mabel's picture and shit. And then straight up pedophilia, incest, and murder in about a minute.

E10 also has a pretty hefty twist in it, too. With it turning out that Reva was playing Luke for literally the entire time. Don't feel so bad, in retrospect.

Still, I'm only just finishing E10 and then I got shit to do.
Agreed on everything. Cottonmouth felt so fleshed out

Damn. I check in on Guy Davis' twitter feed every now and again, basically to see if there's any news on the marquis, if he's started work on the next volume or anything really. It's a little old, but sad to see this response to a tweet about whether he is working on any comics this time:

no, pretty much quit comics. For me it was an amazing storytelling medium but a rotten business for a living

Brutal haha. I mean, I can't judge either way about what he says, and I bet he's much more comfortable these days working on Del Toro's movies etc. Still ,quite disheartening to see him walk away because he is such an incredible artist. It was obvious in the last 5 years that he had walked away to an extent, but I didn't realise it was such a hard turn. Maybe Arcudi could entice him to do an image book with him one day or something, I don't know.

mreddie

Champs:

Ms. Marvel owned this. loved how the team is pissed off and decide to say "HELP THE LITTLE GUY! NO? FUCK YOU."
The cameos at the end really feel like something is starting but Bendis is keeping Riri solo for now and Nadia is joining the big leagues because MAH DADDY!

Jess Jones:
A Marvel book that has curse words? WHA?
Okay start but
Danielle MIA has me nervous and it's likely we won't know shit til BMB says so. Also, funny how Jess Drew looks like Kristen Ritter.

Tony Man:
Wow BMB,
What to know what happens to Tony? BUY CIVIL WAR 2 YOU MARK!

Spidey 2099:
2009 Civil War ended good. Kinda liked how they explain certain cameos. I'm glad Miguel is hopping back to the present though but why, isn't the books whole point going back to 2099? Also, next arc isn't NOW 2.0? Huh

Death of X:
MAKE THE INHUMANS LOOK STRONG.

shingi70

Banned
This is so wrong

Probably but I mainly know Cage and Jones from bendis Avengers run where they were full on family mode. I did hate how Walker portrayed Jess early on in PM/IF as being a buzz kill. Haven't read past the stuff that's on MU so I'm probably not best to judge,

frye

it feels like every move they've done to make the Inhumans A Thing over the last few years was scientifically designed to make them as unappealing as possible

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I don't know what to think about Shade #1. The back-up was more entertaining than the main comic.

Somehow Death of X was even worse than I was expecting.

Fucking A.

I think Donnie may be onto something with trade-waiting. Between my OCD for bumps, nicks, tears, and warps, and jumping the gun on bad books, single issues just make me twitchy now. I may fill up this half-box and go trade only. (And no, I am not going digital.)

it feels like every move they've done to make the Inhumans A Thing over the last few years was scientifically designed to make them as unappealing as possible

They've missed virtually everything that makes the X-Men appealing

They've discarded much of what made the Inhumans remotely appealing before the push

Yeah. I don't get it. It's kind of amazing.

mreddie

Inhumans are literally being built as Roman Reigns. They are pulling heel moves and yet, they are the good guy and Cyke is somehow the baddie because he feels threatened.

TheFlow

Banned
Probably but I mainly know Cage and Jones from bendis Avengers run where they were full on family mode. I did hate how Walker portrayed Jess early on in PM/IF as being a buzz kill. Haven't read past the stuff that's on MU so I'm probably not best to judge,
It's get wayyyyy better. Like post #5 everything is great in the cage family.

shingi70

Banned

Shame, because Soules inhuman series was pretty awesome. Feels all this have come to not with the inhumans being out on the MCU back burner.

Champions #1: Loved it. I enjoy all of the characters here, especially Spider-Man as the super-dry straight man of the group. Waid has the character voices down for the most part and a clear mission statement for the book. I love
the character cameos at the end...

Champions was great. I like how they put
all those character cameos in there so Marvel can just move them over to Champions when their individual solo books get cancelled.

Damn. Stone Cold.

Jessica Jones #1: I am unhappy with
them breaking up Jones and Cage, even temporarily. I assume the missing daughter has something to do with her appearing in USAvengers?
But the classic team means I'll give the book more chances to prove me wrong.

Death of X #1:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Not Jamie Madrox. You can't start this by killing Multiple Man!
Juxtaposition between the effect of the Terrigen Mists on Inhumans and Mutants is on point here.
But damn, Madrox? And I assume Cyke will follow if the hints are any indication.

Dr. Strange #12: Love
the new villain, Mr. Misery
and Bachalo's vision of
Dormammu
is the tops. Love it. I also enjoy the Dr. Strange by way of James Bond feeling that Aaron has going on here.

More as I get to them.

Adnor

Banned
I still don't know why Marvel wants people to root for the Inhumans when the X-Men is one of their biggest franchises and aren't slavers.

Also, DoX #1 spoiler:
Not Jamie Madrox :( . Just say he's a dupe and the real one is ok, you've done this before Marvel, multiple times!

TheFlow

Banned
Champions #1: Loved it. I enjoy all of the characters here, especially Spider-Man as the super-dry straight man of the group. Waid has the character voices down for the most part and a clear mission statement for the book. I love
the character cameos at the end...

Damn. Stone Cold.

Jessica Jones #1: I am unhappy with
them breaking up Jones and Cage, even temporarily. I assume the missing daughter has something to do with her appearing in USAvengers?
But the classic team means I'll give the book more chances to prove me wrong.

Death of X #1:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Not Jamie Madrox. You can't start this by killing Multiple Man!
Juxtaposition between the effect of the Terrigen Mists on Inhumans and Mutants is on point here.
But damn, Madrox? And I assume Cyke will follow if the hints are any indication.

and Bachalo's vision of
Dormammu
is the tops. Love it. I also enjoy the Dr. Strange by way of James Bond feeling that Aaron has going on here.

More as I get to them.

Just read the JJ spoiler. Wtf bendis

I still don't know why Marvel wants people to root for the Inhumans when the X-Men is one of their biggest franchises and aren't slavers.

Because FOX owns the movie rights to X-Men. That is literally the only reason they're pushing Inhumans so hard. They're hoping they get just as popular so Marvel can milk the ever-living fuck out of Inhumans movies.

Fucking A.

I think Donnie may be onto something with trade-waiting
. Between my OCD for bumps, nicks, tears, and warps, and jumping the gun on bad books, single issues just make me twitchy now. I may fill up this half-box and go trade only. (And no, I am not going digital.)

Ahhh, I bet you wrote this because you thought I'd went to sleep already! A Donnie was right moment only ever happens when I'm asleep. We'll, this is going in the bookmarks so I can wheel it out at the appropriate times!

Ah, also, I keep forgetting this but if there's anyone in the thread that reads digital, and still hasn't read Dr strange 1-5 or w/e the first story is and would like to, you should pm me or something.

Crashing now. Beware the claw!

mreddie

Because FOX owns the movie rights to X-Men. That is literally the only reason they're pushing Inhumans so hard. They're hoping they get just as popular so Marvel can milk the ever-living fuck out of Inhumans movies.

And considering one of Marvel's new big heroes is a Inhuman gives them more ammo to push them over Mutants.

Also, one of the writers of Moon Girl slipped that she is gonna have tie ins to IvX.

Meanwhile, Feige delayed Inhumans til 20LOL

Also, you know what? Fuck this, Bendis Iron Man feels like a great first arc and then, goes to shit because he got the keys to CW2 while doing Guardians and the other Iron Man book. LET'S HAVE TONY'S REALL MAMA HE FOUND ON THE OTHER BOOK COME TO SEE HIM BUT WAIT, HE'S MIA BEECUZ OF CIVIL WAR AND I AIN'T GONNA SPOIL THAT TIL CW2 ENDS! ALSO WE ENDED THE LAST ISSUE ON TONY SEEING DOOM AND YOU WON'T SEE THAT CONCLUSION TIL DOOM MAN!

And this motherfucker is writing 4-5 books now? Which one goes to shit first?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

No no that is a unfounded conspiracy theory invented by internet marks

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
[
and Bachalo's vision of
Dormammu

My LCS got shorted... gotta wait for this one for a few days. Sigh...

Ahhh, I bet you wrote this because you thought I'd went to sleep already! A Donnie was right moment only ever happens when I'm asleep. We'll, this is going in the bookmarks so I can wheel it out at the appropriate times!

Ah, also, I keep forgetting this but if there's anyone in the thread that reads digital, and still hasn't read Dr strange 1-5 or w/e the first story is and would like to, you should pm me or something.

No, I was hoping you would read it, as I'm pretty serious.

Someone take him up on that D Strange offer. Seriously great book. Beside Bachalo's hands... good god.

Also, DoX #1 spoiler:
Not Jamie Madrox :( . Just say he's a dupe and the real one is ok, you've done this before Marvel, multiple times!

After reading Death of X I'm beginning to think
they don't want us to root for the Inhumans.

You know what just give me a ghost rider Netflix show or blade. It is time marvel

Wouldn't that be nice

PsychBat!

Banned
I need Moon Knight on Netflix

tumblr_nv3vpgcoGt1qft8o3o1_1280.jpg

shingi70

Banned
The inhumans have always been assholes, remember the alpha primitives are Slaves.

The inhumans like the fourth world exist in their own little world and would be a great property to push more, but not at the expense of the X-men or the characters themselves.

I would love to see Moon Knight on Netflix but that would be a trying production period. I'd be so stressed about them fucking it up lol

Loving that Rogueatar psych

Adnor

Banned
Is Marvel even going to make a Inhumans movie now? I think every time they show their production timeline they delay that movie another year.

PsychBat!

Banned
I would love to see Moon Knight on Netflix but that would be a trying production period. I'd be so stressed about them fucking it up lol

Loving that Rogueatar psych

Yeah, I think Moon Knight is the hardest property to get right, even if Netflix had all the time in the world. Hell, sometimes I get headaches trying to understand MK.

Glix

Death of X #1:

and Bachalo's vision of
Dormammu

More as I get to them.

Uncanny 278 is the first comic i ever bought/read.

He was SO badass in that issue, and therefore has always been my favorite mutant. :-(

Bachalo is my favorite artist of all time. I love love love his early stuff (DeathTHCOL and GenX) but still love what he became (FINISH STEAMPUNK *cries*). All leading into... (hes the only artist that i own an original page from)

Hows is the art overall in this Strange series?

TheFlow

Banned

He was SO badass in that issue, and therefore has always been my favorite mutant. :-(

Bachalo is my favorite artist of all time. I love love love his early stuff (DeathTHCOL and GenX) but still love what he became (FINISH STEAMPUNK *cries*). All leading into... (hes the only artist that i own an original page from)

I am on #8 and the art is awesome. Bachalos talent is put to work

If you adore his work on Gen X, as I do, you are gonna be head over heels in love with his take on Dr. Strange. It's brilliant, especially those early issues.

Glix

Sounds awesome guys!! Will def pick up the trade!!

I dont get to read many comics these days and i totally forgot he was doing this series!

I adore his mutants but it was time for something else

The issue with Bachalo has always been that he's a great artist, but he's very weird and they kept putting him on straight-up superhero books. He's stronger on magical and extra-dimensional books because his art plays with weird forms and he loves doing weird things with panels.

Strange is a perfect fit.

You know what just give me a ghost rider Netflix show or blade. It is time marvel

They got the dude and look down already for Ghost Rider.

Problem? All the Netflix shows are New York based, due to deals and tax stuff. None of the Ghost Riders are NY-based except Ketch.

My favorite Bachalo issue is easily Gen X #25, when Black Tom attacks the school and covers it in these crazy ass vines. Such an incredible and unforgettable piece of work.

Emma in that issue, god fucking damn. Every single issue just exudes pure rage.

Top Bottom