• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

TheFlow

Banned
I just wanted to say that mouse guard is one of my favorites. I am a big fan of the redwall series so I just to read every mouse guard hc as they came out. I also read mouse templar.

I had to go out and buy beer just should I could read Moon knight and CW 2

I just wanted to say that mouse guard is one of my favorites. I am a big fan of the redwall series so I just to read every mouse guard hc as they came out. I also read mouse templar.

I had to go out and buy beer just should I could read Moon knight and CW 2

Glad to hear someone's into them man, I was starting to think that one was destined for deaf ears. Really great series and the HCs are unreal, such nice books. I never did read mouse templars. It sounds weird but I felt I had to pick haha. I really just love when a creator can do it all themselves, when it works it's extremely special. That's why I'm looking into some manga.

TheFlow

Banned
Moon Knight #6

after #5 I was worried about reading this, but my worries have been put to rest. This is easily the best issue of the series and one of the best issues of a comic I have read this year. The art inspired by drive, the 4th world breaking dialog, and jumps into different personalities. Slow Clap lemire.

5/5 don't let this crazy train stop

TheFlow

Banned
Glad to hear someone's into them man, I was starting to think that one was destined for deaf ears. Really great series and the HCs are unreal, such nice books. I never did read mouse templars. It sounds weird but I felt I had to pick haha. I really just love when a creator can do it all themselves, when it works it's extremely special. That's why I'm looking into some manga.

mouse guards is better overall, but I love how violent and epic mouse templar was. I recommend checking it out one day.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
If you've got kids, there's:
Bee & Puppycat
Golden Vance
Over the Garden Wall
Steven Universe
And Ryan North (Squirrel Girl) run on Adventure Time

If you want non-baby books, check out:
Jonesy
Grant Morrison's Klaus
Oh Killstrike
The Spire
Welcome Back

Thanks for the Reccs. I liked Goldie Vance in the mini-series, but don't really fell the need to read more. This did remind me though that I never finished The Spire. I may have to get on that.

Hisako is the best
become-xman1.jpg

I'm so fucking down for it

Continuing Luke Cage with E11,
and goddamn is Diamondback the goofiest motherfucker. He's so damn silly.

"This is my favorite part."
"What?"
"When the panties drop."

Like, what the fuck? And we lost Cottonmouth for this goofy motherfucker? Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Also, comics:
AstonishingXMen17_Wolverine.jpg

Literally the best thing Whedon has ever touched.

Ross61

DCEU - Just wait for the Blu-Ray.

I'm passing on Wonder Woman. Fuck it. Why even watch in theaters when the Extended Cut is going to "fix" it?

runaways-comic-wallpaper-joss-whedon.jpg

Insider info good on Wonder Woman. More than the other DCEU films.

And I'd venture to say that WB knows that 13 mins won't fix anything with the film.

TheFlow

Banned
Power man and Iron Fist #8

Damn what a powerful fucking chapter. The first pages open up to luke in seagate and Danny in K'un Lun and hits full throttle from there. Then we get metacommentary on the justice system.

One thing for sure Carol is the worse.
she going to roll up luke like that.

I guess next issue is where it goes down

4/5

oh wtf Joshua Williamson is writing JL vs SS? I thought it would be the actual SS writer. His Flash run sucks ass and now I'm completely de-hyped.

I mostly agree, but I'm still in to see how he does with a group of characters. The way Godspeed was in the last issue gave me hope for his writing. The ruthlessness and crazy definitely came across. He just seems to suck at the Flash part of it.

SPOILERS: This was my prediction back in April for Deadly Class:
I predict Marcus won't be the main character for the entire series.
I WAS ON THE MONEY.
DiDio's plan to DiDio Batwoman just got DiDio'd by DC.
I am a little disappointed we didn't get this:
Batwoman #1

Written by Dan Didio
Art and cover by Jim Lee
Variant cover by Rob Liefeld
On sale NOW • 5 pg, FC, $59.99 US • RATED E

Retailers: HOT LESBIAN SEX.

Power man and Iron Fist #8

Damn what a powerful fucking chapter. The first pages open up to luke in seagate and Danny in K'un Lun and hits full throttle from there. Then we get metacommentary on the justice system.

One thing for sure Carol is the worse.
she going to roll up luke like that.

I guess next issue is where it goes down

4/5

Hopefully
Carol gets bodied
to continue to the verbal/physical bodying trend I've noticed in the last few tie-ins I've read.

I don't know what wrong with the Flash part. He's made Barry Allen readable, and I like seeing his Wally develop.

Wally has been fine until he suddenly starts flipping out about a character he had like 3 panels of time with. The story overall has had plotting issues. You feel like the story doesn't move at all(5 issues to reveal godspeed) meanwhile big character driven stuff happens instantly and out of nowhere. Barry falls and love and reveals his identity in less than an issue. A character comes about and is trusted as a best friend and sidekick out of nowhere and it acts as if we've known him forever just because they constantly talk about Barry's history. The whole Star labs having a speedster team and facility in an instant.

I feel like there is just so many things wrong with the book. It still has moments, like the most recent issue, but overall it seems like a mess to me.

Man Whedon's Astonishing reads like a script for Buffy the Vampire Slayer sometimes. Like, every character is almost a direct translation of another. Kitty is obviously Buffy, which makes sense given that Whedon based Buffy off of Kitty, but the others are pretty on the nose, too: Beast is Giles, Emma is Cordelia, Wolverine is Spike, Armor is Dawn, Cyclops is Riley, Colossus is Angel.

And honestly? Literally none of that is a bad thing. At all.

Ross61

Wally has been fine until he suddenly starts flipping out about a character he had like 3 panels of time with. The story overall has had plotting issues. You feel like the story doesn't move at all(5 issues to reveal godspeed) meanwhile big character driven stuff happens instantly and out of nowhere. Barry falls and love and reveals his identity in less than an issue. A character comes about and is trusted as a best friend and sidekick out of nowhere and it acts as if we've known him forever just because they constantly talk about Barry's history. The whole Star labs having a speedster team and facility in an instant.

I feel like there is just so many things wrong with the book. It still has moments, like the most recent issue, but overall it seems like a mess to me.
I felt Wally connected with said character on a personal level. And with how he's been characterized, it would be strange if he felt nothing towards it. And the previous issue dealt with Barry making the mistake of trusting too early. And I don't really know how to respond to that last issue. But I felt he's was properly introduced, seeing as how they started with a flashback and showed his intentions. I don't think it'd be an issue for a new reader. It certainly wasn't for me as a first time Flash reader.

I felt Wally connected with said character on a personal level. And with how he's been characterized, it would be strange if he felt nothing towards it. And the previous issue dealt with Barry making the mistake of trusting too early. And I don't really know how to respond to that last issue. But I felt he's was properly introduced, seeing as how they started with a flashback and showed his intentions. I don't think it'd be an issue for a new reader. It certainly wasn't for me as a first time Flash reader.

It's not so much that I have a problem with those things though. I'm fine with all of them, but when you put those things in the book accompanied by a snails pace of a story while those events seem to happen really fast it just causes the book to feel very uneven. Each issue I read I feel like not much has happened in the grand scheme of things meanwhile these other things happen with little support when those could be used to flesh out the story if it was written well.

Take the previous issue for an example. Almost nothing happens with Godspeed. We're shown how ruthless he is and evil he is but by the end we are basically where we were at the beginning except Barry has a little more speed. But in that issue you have Barry and Wally coming face to face and the on panel reaction of both knowing about Wally's speed. That's something that should probably be a big deal but it's so rushed they immediately go into them getting the speed force from the other speedsters. Barry asked what happens and they go running and 'oh here's the other speedsters-oh here's godspeed' end of issue.

It felt like nothing happened meanwhile something that should have been a big deal happened with barely anything coming of it and it feeling like it was just forced in there to get it out there before Teen Titans.

Ross61

It's not so much that I have a problem with those things though. I'm fine with all of them, but when you put those things in the book accompanied by a snails pace of a story while those events seem to happen really fast it just causes the book to feel very uneven. Each issue I read I feel like not much has happened in the grand scheme of things meanwhile these other things happen with little support when those could be used to flesh out the story if it was written well.

Take the previous issue for an example. Almost nothing happens with Godspeed. We're shown how ruthless he is and evil he is but by the end we are basically where we were at the beginning except Barry has a little more speed. But in that issue you have Barry and Wally coming face to face and the on panel reaction of both knowing about Wally's speed. That's something that should probably be a big deal but it's so rushed they immediately go into them getting the speed force from the other speedsters. Barry asked what happens and they go running and 'oh here's the other speedsters-oh here's godspeed' end of issue.

It felt like nothing happened meanwhile something that should have been a big deal happened with barely anything coming of it and it feeling like it was just forced in there to get it out there before Teen Titans.
Hmmm, I can see your complaint. I've like all these character moments, and I don't feel it's been particularly a snails pace. Guess I'm more of a journey>destination guy, cause I've like seeing all these other moments more than Godspeed.

Williamson writes a lot of garbage but he also has Birthright, one of the best Image books right now. So anything he does, I will give it at least an issue.

Echo, have you read any of Culbard's lovecraft adaptations? If not, you'd love those, going by house of penance. He actually did the king in yellow recently too

Nope. Going on the list, thanks!

Top Bottom