• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

kmfdmpig

I would expect them to hold off on him until there is something involving cleaning up the timeline maybe? Or at least try and figure out what exactly they're going to do with it.

That would be an interesting series after the main mystery of Rebirth
the five lost years
is resolved.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Eh, could Pre-Flashpoint Superman change between Blue-Superman and regular Superman whenever he wanted?
Because I am totally confused why he suddenly showed up in JLA...

A sculpt of the Squirrel Girl bishoujo popped up.

14583410_1457881697573731_4877837363574734848_n.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Tragicomedy with that LTTP announcement.

Not at all. I've pushed it on here as hard as anyone for half a year now. It's just that it's like $10 with the current Image sale. People are talking about blowing a tenner on Standoff, while there's an actual comic masterpiece sitting over here calling their name.

God Hates Astronauts. The best.

Not at all. I've pushed it on here as hard as anyone for half a year now. It's just that it's like $10 with the current Image sale. People are talking about blowing a tenner on Standoff, while there's an actual comic masterpiece sitting over here calling their name.

Can't argue with this.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Ordered it te other day 35€ because I collect every OHC of every Marvel event 🙈
I am super salty that there none for Feat Itself 🙈🙈🙈

Now I am thinking about reading it and live posting :D

The perspective makes it look like that there is something up with her nipple

She's not painted, and the sculpt probably isn't final. So she'll look much better when she releases next year. I'm just excited to see a physical sculpt of something I've been looking forward to for a while.

It doesn't really gel with the charac style for me

The Anime style turns off some people, but I think it looks great. Really happy to see the progress from the concept art. :D

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Got the second Daredevil Trade today and while something looks super stylish about the art style, its super ugly at the same time. Really problems to define what it is exactly and why it reminds me on something

I'm game to read that. It works be wild to see your response to the craziest/best comic ever.

I'm due for a reread soon, but the current backlog is strong.
I have no problem with waiting a bit, just say me when you are ready and we will find a date to read it close together, I think this would be fun.

TheFlow

Banned
I am pulling so many books right now that these sales don't interest me unless it is special stuff like Marvel. Because marvel is stingy with prices.

Also man I can see a couple of the Jessica jones #1 pages happening in the second season for sure

I have no problem with waiting a bit, just say me when you are ready and we will find a date to read it close together, I think this would be fun.

This almost feels like we should start a reading thread.
We should never start a reading thread.

Fuck it. I'm a month ahead on the 1K challenge. I'm up to start whenever. Anyone else want to read the GOAT comic with us?

tim1138

I pushed that book hard every month when it was still coming out, it makes me happy to see folks still checking it out. Ryan Browne is my favorite creator.

This almost feels like we should start a reading thread.
We should never start a reading thread.

Fuck it. I'm a month ahead on the 1K challenge. I'm up to start whenever. Anyone else want to read the GOAT comic with us?

Sorry bros, I'm doing my own Mignola volume a day read right now but we should do stuff like this more often. Enjoy!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I am pulling so many books right now that these sales don't interest me unless it is special stuff like Marvel. Because marvel is stingy with prices.

Also man I can see a couple of the Jessica jones #1 pages happening in the second season for sure

I've mostly picked Image clean of things that interest me and this sale didn't feature either series that do still interest me in The Fuse and Velvet.

I pushed that book hard every month when it was still coming out, it makes me happy to see folks still checking it out. Ryan Browne is my favorite creator.

I firmly believe you sold me on it with your praise. My memory fails me, but I also firmly believe we've had this exact conversation. :)

Sorry bros, I'm doing my own Mignola volume a day read right now but we should do stuff like this more often. Enjoy!

Donnie, Donnie. You've read all those books...what, three times? We're talking about ten issues total for God Hates Astronauts. Ten issues that encapsulate everything right with the comic medium. You can read the whole thing in an afternoon, and be a happier person for it.

Hellboy with be waiting for you when you finish.

TheFlow

Banned
Seriously, the
Scott Summers depiction
in Cage was hysterical.

That page pretty much sold me on buying the remaining 3 issues.

the way wolverine was shown walking #dead

but another funny part was
when he took the guy out his cell but ass naked

I've mostly picked Image clean of things that interest me and this sale didn't feature either series that do still interest me in The Fuse and Velvet.

Birthright, tokyo ghost, and the rest of giant days are my most likely picks. Image has so many sales though.

If they put out a blu-ray please make this the cover
Luke_Cage_Discs_1024x1024.jpg

tim1138

Dammit Donnie, read God Hates Astronauts. It's an absolute riot and won't take more than a couple hours to read it all.

I firmly believe you sold me on it with your praise. My memory fails me, but I also firmly believe we've had this exact conversation. :)

Haha, probably, I just get excited when I see people talking about it.

Be sure to check out Curse Words when it drops in January, I read the advanced preview and it's fantastic.

You've read all those books...what, three times? We're talking about ten issues total for God Hates Astronauts. Ten issues that encapsulate everything right with the comic medium. You can read the whole thing in an afternoon, and be a happier person for it.

Hellboy with be waiting for you when you finish.

Dammit Donnie, read God Hates Astronauts. It's an absolute riot and won't take more than a couple hours to read it all.

Haha, you guys. I don't buy any new books for a few weeks, then mere hours after I buy three trades and a novel, y'all want me to buy stuff. TYPICAL. I will look into it tomorrow, I'm about to peace out for the night.

Popped back in though to gauge people's thoughts on Cry Havok? No plans to buy it this second, but just whether to list it for the future or not?

Wow, we all heard it straight from Tim. Mignola is shit, Ryan Browne is king.

Haha. He never was a real Mike Mongolia fan!

Be sure to check out Curse Words when it drops in January, I read the advanced preview and it's fantastic.

I've never heard of this. Ryan Browne on art = bought. But I legitimately think his writing on GHA was superb. It's the only comic I've found genuinely hilarious, and not annoying, try-hard funny a la Squirrel Girl.

Haha, you guys. I don't buy any new books for a few weeks, then mere hours after I buy three trades and a novel, y'all want me to buy stuff. TYPICAL. I will look into it tomorrow, I'm about to peace out for the night.

Under $10!

Top Bottom