• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Hmmm, I can see your complaint. I've like all these character moments, and I don't feel it's been particularly a snails pace. Guess I'm more of a journey>destination guy, cause I've like seeing all these other moments more than Godspeed.

I haven't really cared for Godspeed until this last issue just because of how it was handled. Before all we really saw Godspeed do was leave people burnt and dead and we knew nothing really about it but then we see him kill the one guy by dragging him and ok that's pretty fucked up but it could have been emotionally charged. Then this issue shows him as straight up evil and it was just shown well I feel. The gradual building and then him commenting that he could slow down but he doesn't deserve it. Overall I just thought that aspect was handled well because it seemed to be thought out and planned where most else has seemed kind of sudden with no build up.

I'm completely fine with people being all for it. I just have a lot to say about it because it's probably my biggest Rebirth bummer because I was really hyped for it from the first announcement.

Nope. Going on the list, thanks!

I think the publisher is selfmade hero, they are really good adaptations, and really nice collections if you go physical. I don't think you'll be disappointed. He did a bunch of Sherlock Holmes adaptations I'm keen to check out next.

Not comics but I read King's the tommyknockers last year and that was an incredible very insidious lovecraftian horror book, some stuff that really creeped me out.

Any horror that involves animals fucks me right up.

Gail Simone could be the writer on WildC.A.T.S? It was announced, without a creative team, as part of the Wildstorm imprint curated by Warren Ellis.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Think I'm gonna drop No Mercy. Tried to read the new issue and I couldn't remember anything that was going on and didn't really care to. Not really sure what the point of the series is any more.

Personally I am hoping for Catwoman or Shazam. Simone doesn't strike me as a great fit for WildCATs...but then, there is a lot of room for interpretation and different approaches there, so that could be good too.

tim1138

Gail Simone could be the writer on WildC.A.T.S? It was announced, without a creative team, as part of the Wildstorm imprint curated by Warren Ellis.

Wouldn't surprise me, her vagaries about who her unannounced book was for actually had me thinking she was doing a new Wildstorm book.

Penguin

JL vs SS cover

CuG9SaUXEAES6MZ.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Banned
No one with any idea what Avengers: Four could be?

My first thought was a Anthology Mini about the three big pillars of the Avengers (Cap, Thor, Iron Man), but then I realized that of course one is missing.

Also, when there is something with four and from Marvel it has to be the first family... I hope we get some informations at NYCC...

Sandfox

No one with any idea what Avengers: Four could be?

My first thought was a Anthology Mini about the three big pillars of the Avengers (Cap, Thor, Iron Man), but then I realized that of course one is missing.

Also, when there is something with four and from Marvel it has to be the first family... I hope we get some informations at NYCC...
Avengers: Four?

Hmm. Mike Carey is writing a new book over at IDW, "Darkness Visible". Concept has potential, but I get a little uncomfortable when I read stuff along the lines of it was a movie and a screenplay and finally we settled for a comic when the other stuff didn't pan out. He's billed as co-writer with the screenplay guy but I guess he's doing the heavy work, shifting it into a comic book.

click

I got pretty excited when I saw the headline, The Unwritten was a great book, and he hasn't really did a follow-up awesome creator owned book since, but not sure about this.

Finished Luke Cage.
Super dope, but definitely a weird ending, given that it felt like a lot more set-up than an actual satisfying conclusion. That said, I got insanely giddy and excited when Claire took the Colleen Wing number and Misty showed up at the end. I was clapping and squealing. No joke. Super excited for everything.

ALTHOUGH, Diamondback is still super corny and cheesy.
I really enjoyed about...85% of it? Something like that. For the most part it was good to great and it's a must read for Cap fans

Agents of Shield issues, the Howling Commandos issue...ugh. Skip those if you can.
I will replicate this sentiment.

Ross61

Andrew T MacDonald, Detective Comics 941(Monster Men Part 3) and Teen Titan Earth One vol. 2, is the second artist for JLA.

Just realized how DC used Bleeding Cool to hype up Tim's
"death"

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Finished Luke Cage.
Super dope, but definitely a weird ending, given that it felt like a lot more set-up than an actual satisfying conclusion. That said, I got insanely giddy and excited when Claire took the Colleen Wing number and Misty showed up at the end. I was clapping and squealing. No joke. Super excited for everything.

They needed someone to get in jail to have finally the Matt Murdoch Court Episode. I think its a bit problematic that its of course the Black guy who is innocently charged, but mostly thats also the most realistic thing sadly :/
There are so many open plotlines now, I really have a bad feeling in regards of Defenders and that they have only 8 Episodes to take on everyone of them

Sandfox

Geoff Johns did a good job with Hal Jordan after GL Rebirth, but I don't think he should've brought Barry back in favor of Wally.

They needed someone to get in jail to have finally the Matt Murdoch Court Episode. I think its a bit problematic that its of course the Black guy who is innocently charged, but mostly thats also the most realistic thing sadly :/
There are so many open plotlines now, I really have a bad feeling in regards of Defenders and that they have only 8 Episodes to take on everyone of them

Defenders won't handle all of them. There's still JJ S2 and DD S3. Plus Punisher and Iron Fist. Guaranteed Claire shows up in Iron Fist training under Colleen, since Colleen is supposed to be in that. The big plot thread that I thought would be touched on in LC is the experiments that developed the chemicals that gave JJ her powers and the pills that Nuke and Trish took. I assumed they'd be behind the experiments that would give Luke his powers, and they're either gonna show up in JJ S2 or Defenders. Possibly both. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Dusknoir

Read Gwenpool 0-4 pretty good. It's been a while since I read a comedy book. Also Gwenpool is a actually good character that's easy to sympathize with.

I also read Green Arrow #8. Loved the art. Otto is the best (not to say the other artists are bad). The story was good too.

Geoff Johns did a good job with Hal Jordan after GL Rebirth, but I don't think he should've brought Barry back in favor of Wally.

One of the best parts of JLA/Avengers is Barry and Hal getting ready for the final battle, but comforted by the fact that with Wally and Kyle, their legacies are in safe hands.

TheFlow

Banned
Finished Luke Cage.

I will replicate this sentiment.
That misty knight scene had me shook. My gf couldn't stop me from having a fanboy moment.

Luke cage has the best supporting cast and I think that is what put it above the other shows for me.

Also yea there are so many open plot developments leading up to Defenders.

My guess to the villain
the hand

Also love triangle is going to be real
claire and Luke feels so right but Jessica has to be the end game

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Best thing was Flash outrunning Quicksilver after he desperatly tried to tap into the Speedforce.

Man, I currently read GMs JLA and everyone has their 90s design and its horrible. Holy shity. Superman should cut his hair and get a job.

@Cage:
What do you mean with Misty? Seems like I missed every important easter egh this time, even missed Stan Lees kinda Cameo

Walking Dead 159 was a lot better than the last issue that was giving me flashes of All Out War. Lmao at Negan, I really hope he doesn't die. And Dwight is putting in work. But I'm still not understanding why Kirkman made Magna and gave her a prominent position in Rick's group only to give her no story focus.

Amazing Spidey 19

Peter needs to tell Aunt May he's Spider-Man already so we can stop with this annoying ass "I can't tell you how I know this information cus it would reveal my secret identity crap drama". I think the moment would have had more oomph to it if
Aunt May knew about Pete's spider-sense telling him something was off with the new U people and she ended up losing faith in not just Pete but Spider-Man.
As of now it's just some artificial ass drama.

Other than that it was a really good issue.

Top Bottom