• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
no Iron Fist teaser / trailer out of comic con huh? :/

Messi

Operation Linda Sejic sketch was successful. Operation Stjepan Sejic painting is proving much harder but I will keep trying.

Ross61

More updates:

For all you oldschool niche Batman 66' and Wonder Woman 77' fans, there will be a miniseries crossover starting in January:

CuMeyr2WYAAEtJP.jpg

CuMeyr2W8AAUqdt.jpg

CuMeyr1WYAAhpbg.jpg

Marc Andreyko and Jeff Parker will be working together, but it is not confirmed if they will be co-writers or one just taking notes from the other. Alex Ross and Mike Allred are scheduled to provide covers

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
She's annoying as hell in youtube videos

But yeah, she's beautiful and does fantastic cosplays

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
New Image title God Country.

When the story from writer Donny Cates and Geoff Shaw begins, Emmet Quinlan is an old man living in west Texas, whose dementia and violent outbursts are starting to prove a burden for his family. Then his house is leveled by an enormous tornado, and Emmet emerges a different person. A lot of his transformation is due to the enchanted sword at the heart of the storm, which has given Emmet new life. Unfortunately, the sword isn’t the only thing to come from the tornado. Emmet now has to use his newfound power to battle the otherworldly creatures now swarming through Texas.

My initial reaction is.....Meh.

So question about these CW seed shows Vixen and The Ray. How exactly do you watch them? Is it on a website, an app or on tv? Do you have to pay a subscription?

tim1138

So question about these CW seed shows Vixen and The Ray. How exactly do you watch them? Is it on a website, an app or on tv? Do you have to pay a subscription?

You watch them on the CW Seed app. The first "season" of Vixen was a single ~30 minute episode that was cut up into six five minute long shorts. There's no charge.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Why?

The best work on the character wasn't from Casey. His version was kind of boring actually.

Because Image needs a book like that.
Because I know it's not going to get sucked into a shitty crossover/event every 4 issues.
Because I don't think Casey is going to go back and write the character exactly the same way he did back then. The character has evolved and I think he'll be smart enough to implement those changes.
Because Nick Dragotta.
Because I'm always going to be more excited for a new Image title that I'm going to be buying monthly than a Marvel title I'll always be reading 6 months behind.

Malyse

"Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #15 will feature RiRi Williams, a.k.a. Ironheart"

YES.

"Alex Wilder from the Runaways is back, following his return in Avengers Undercover working with Baron Zemo."

YES.

"A fan asked about whether there would be a new Runaways book on the heels of the news of a Hulu show. "It's inevitable we'll do some new iteration of the Runaways someday... I don't know when, but I'm sure we will some day," Brevoort said."

YESSSSSS!

"Zub asked Brevoort if they could have a new Cloak and Dagger series. Brevoort said they were talking about those characters earlier this week."

YES.

Sandfox

"A fan asked about whether there would be a new Runaways book on the heels of the news of a Hulu show. "It's inevitable we'll do some new iteration of the Runaways someday... I don't know when, but I'm sure we will some day," Brevoort said."

YESSSSSS!

"Zub asked Brevoort if they could have a new Cloak and Dagger series. Brevoort said they were talking about those characters earlier this week."

YES.

I would be surprised if both of these didn't happen.

MartyStu

Am I the only one here still reading International Iron Man?

Bendis is doing such good work in this book. It is such a damn shame that it is hard to follow standalone.

That looks awesome. Cates is the guy who worked on Ghost Fleet right? I never got to checking it out, but I'm really digging the art for this. I mean, battling otherworldly creatures...Image can describe it as being similar to American Gods if they like, that doesn't sound similar, but what it does sound like is potentially awesome. I can get behind images like this:

TheFlow

Banned
Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1

Ok this was a solid start, the art was great, dialog was cool, and DC is showing the LBGT some love in this mini series.

The coolest part about this is the mystery of it, kinda gives off crimson peaks vibes.

For all my Mignola fans out there I would definitely recommend this.

4/5 I think deadman can carry his own solo

Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love #1

Ok this was a solid start, the art was great, dialog was cool, and DC is showing the LBGT some love in this mini series.

The coolest part about this is the mystery of it, kinda gives off crimson peaks vibes.

For all my Mignola fans out there I would definitely recommend this.

4/5 I think deadman can carry his own solo

Haha, if I wasn't already sold from the previews, name checking Mignola, and Del Toro movies would have got me the rest of the way. Glad reviews have been good. Will be interesting to see how the pricing format experiment works out. I saw a review complaining that the cover stock wasn't very good.

Hahah apparently Gerard Way debuted a cave carson song at his panel? And said to expect more Young Animal Themed music from him next year. I'm really not a fan of the guy's music at all despite reaaally liking his writing haha but there you go

I'm the exact opposite. I can tolerate a couple of his songs, and cannot tolerate his writing. Both are ultra derivative in the end.

TheFlow

Banned
Haha, if I wasn't already sold from the previews, name checking Mignola, and Del Toro movies would have got me the rest of the way. Glad previews have been good. Will be interesting to see how the pricing format experiment works out. I saw a review complaining that the cover stock wasn't very good.

Its interesting enough for me to pay another 6 bucks in December, but it does feel like a retread in the way due to the setting and mansion

Top Bottom