• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Can't wait for them to forget she's LGBT.

"We want everyone to draw their own conclusions or make their own views on the book" days after Angela and Sera had a big damn kiss and the creative team had already spoken at length about them. Alonso sucks.

Some if it will be picked up tomorrow. I threw down so much cash that I even accidentally sent $400 to some guy that makes acrylics.

Zombeen don't care.

giphy.gif

ElNarez

Banned
"We want everyone to draw their own conclusions or make their own views on the book" days after Angela and Sera had a big damn kiss and the creative team had already spoken at length about them. Alonso sucks.

you don't even have to go back that far to find Alonso saying an extremely dumb thing

Like, I don't even get why he'd say that. Racists are still gonna get mad because Marvel are not publishing books about how great white people are all the time, and people who give a shit about representation are gonna get mad at the fact you can't even show the most basic amount of solidarity, despite the fact it's something you believe in.

God, DiDio is smarter than him, and he's Dan flipping DiDio.

mreddie

Oh yeah, the moment she gets a girlfriend, the book will be shoved in the back. Meanwhile, those still waiting for Blade.

192859.gif

Ross61

Some Detective Comics news:

Batwing (Luke Fox) is coming back:
CuLpEy8XYAQ7rDd.jpg

The Victim Syndicate, people who have been caught in the crossfire of Batman and his villians fights, are the next arc's villains:
CuLpEy_XEAAWieU.jpg

(And they look goooooddddd!)

Harper Row and Jean Paul Valley will show up in the next arc. Julia Pennyworth is also returning.

Okay, who's the writer?
You know, now that I think about it, it's probably Cain. Her book got cancelled by Marvel and she has two secret projects to reveal. Probably this and a limited series.

The Victim Syndicate, people who have been caught in the crossfire of Batman and his villians fights, are the next arc's villains:

Harper Row and Jean Paul Valley will show up in the next arc. Julia Pennyworth is also returning.

Yooooooo!

TheFlow

Banned

CuLpEy8XYAQ7rDd.jpg

CuLpEy_XEAAWieU.jpg

Omg omg omg detective trying to be the best team boo!!! Like batwing looks amazing. Yes in my blood.

Bout time he came over

Wolverine had a league made of people who he had wronged, and they sent his soul to hell and tricked him into killing all of his illegitimate children.

Interesting, Lucifer changes writer after issue 12. Obviously it's a dc property but I hadn't really considered that. I kind of assumed the run would end when black was done. New writer is Richard Kadrey, his books sound like He will fit in well.

tim1138

Didn't Tomasi and Gleason's Batman and Robin run have a group of villains that was pretty similar to that Victims Syndicate thing? I remember the dudes Damian melted together in like the first issue coming back with other people from the beginning of the run.

Really the "villains group made of people who have suffered as a result of the hero's battles" feels like a trigger you could pull with literally any superhero.

I'm surprised it hasn't been used as a launchpad for a modern iteration of the "Superman Revenge Squad."

Hell I'm downright shocked no one has done it with The Hulk!

TheFlow

Banned
Damn it DC with these minis and 4 dollar youn animal prices. Good news is I am caught up on all my purchases. Image stuff can wait till Christmas

Batman (2016-) #8

Shade, The Changing Girl (2016-) #1

Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love (2016-) #1

Midnighter and Apollo (2016-) #1

Green Arrow (2016-) #8

Future Quest (2016-) #5

Superman (2016-) #8

Nightwing (2016-) #6

Future Quest (2016-) #4

New Super-Man (2016-) #3

Supergirl: Rebirth (2016) #1

Supergirl (2016-) #1
Green Arrow (2016-) #7

Green Arrow (2016-) #6

Superman (2016-) #6

Superman (2016-) #7

Detective Comics (2016-) #938

Detective Comics (2016-) #939

Avengers: Standoff collection

Captain America: Sam Wilson (2015-) #9

Sandfox

Jeremy Whitley would probably be the best choice for America, but I'm expecting Cain.

Peter J Tomasi the writer of Super Sons confirmed! And we already knew, but Jorge Jimenez is the artist.

I was already planning on reading this day one and this just supports that even more.

Top Bottom