• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

mreddie

Duggan pitched Solo.

giphy.gif

What are some must have Image series? I am collecting them in trades, so nothing that hasn't been collected in at least one TP so far.

I already have;

- Chrononauts
- Jupiters Legacy/Circle
- Wytches
- Monstress
- Saga
- Rumble

I love Jupiters Legacy and Saga the most, so something in their style would be best. I have ordered in the first issues for Outcast and Black Science, but are there any glaring ommissions that you all can think of/recommend?

Ross61

Someone sell me on desthstroke. Previews look rough

In my opinion, it one the best written and intriguing Rebirth titles there are. It weaving together a complicated plot with well written characters and dialogue. Might confuse some at first, but then the whole story starts unraveling. And it keeps getting better. If you've read Priest Black Panther (or even Coate's Black Panther), then you should be fine I've heard.

TheFlow

Banned
Yea ^^ I keep seeing mixed impressions. Like someone in the DC thread said it was hot fire and I was like "o_O how"

If super girl #2 doesn't impress me I am going to drop it like its hot.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
What are some must have Image series? I am collecting them in trades, so nothing that hasn't been collected in at least one TP so far.

I already have;

- Chrononauts
- Jupiters Legacy/Circle
- Wytches
- Monstress
- Saga
- Rumble

I love Jupiters Legacy and Saga the most, so something in their style would be best. I have ordered in the first issues for Outcast and Black Science, but are there any glaring ommissions that you all can think of/recommend?

Can't go wrong with any of these.....

Manifest Destiny
Lazarus
East of West
Birthright
Deadly Class

Messi

In my opinion, it one the best written and intriguing Rebirth titles there are. It weaving together a complicated plot with well written characters and dialogue. Might confuse some at first, but then the whole story starts unraveling. And it keeps getting better. If you've read Priest Black Panther (or even Coate's Black Panther), then you should be fine I've heard.

But he's an asshole...

TheFlow

Banned

I already have;

- Chrononauts
- Jupiters Legacy/Circle
- Wytches
- Monstress
- Saga
- Rumble

Invincible. Crazy action of Jupiter legacy with the big wtf moments and reveals of Saga

TheFlow

Banned
Coates black panther huh? Listen I am going to buy the first two issues and come back with impressions before Saturday. I bookmarked this so I can know who it was that made me burn 6 dollars

Sandfox

That new Star Wars book will be mine.

Also, I might write up some impressions on Mosaic later tonight because I'm kinda conflicted on it.
Did the January solicits for Marvel, Image or DC come out yet? Or just Dark Horse?
I think they usually release on the second to last week of every month, but the last week of this month ends on a Monday so it could change up.

Dark Horse always seems to come out first and Image last. I'd expect Marvel and DC over the next couple of days and Image next early next week.

Usually it seems like DC drops them first, then Marvel and Image with Dark Horse somewhere in between.

That new Star Wars book will be mine.

Really liking the premise.

Doom Patrol was awesome this week

Yeah, really fun book. Also digging that Cave Carson preview. Oeming's art is looking great.

HOLY SHIT at this Superman #14 solicit:
Damn, guess we know why Multiversity Too haven't been spoken about in a while.

@Aphra: Nice to have the book confirmed. Since she's confirmed alive I guess we should make sure that if a thread shows up about the book it doesn't spoil the Vader run.

Ross61

Do the Hanna-Barbera issues end at 12 or something? Hope Didio was just waiting for Future Quest to finish to announce Shazam ongoing.

Do the Hanna-Barbera issues end at 12 or something? Hope Didio was just waiting for Future Quest to finish to announce Shazam ongoing.
Some of them might. We're getting a Ennis spin-off of Wacky Raceland that might be actually replacing the main book, and the Jetsons are getting a book so new series are coming.

JTripper

Night of the Monster Men finale was pretty fun. Great mix of absurd action and character moments.

All-Star Batman #3 was pretty good too. I think I'm finally on board with what Snyder is doing with it. He's my favorite writer from his run with Capullo, but this clearly isn't that. It's basically Snyder just having fun with whatever he can pull from Batman obscurity and creating whatever he wants without worrying too much about continuity. If anything else, the series is actually developing Duke in a great way, I think. I have no real expectations for where the series will go, but that's sort of the charm of it for me as a road-trip story.

I already have;

- Rumble

.....:D You're good! BKV has another book, Paper Girls, so if you love Saga maybe that? First trade is out, with a second on the way next month

---

This is what's out there so far of the DC solicits: click

This Kamandi book sounds like a cool concept:

The KAMANDI Challenge consists of 12 teams, where one writer and artist are paired randomly and assigned one of 12 sections of Earth A.D., the post apocalyptic world inhabited by Kirby’s young hero, Kamandi. The first team begins the story in one section, while the last team ends the story in the same location. Each issue will take readers to a different portion of Earth A.D., and all teams are working completely independently of each other, so they have no idea what stories are being written. Some parts of Earth A.D. were fully developed by Kirby, while others weren’t, and it’s up to the talent teams to create fantastic stories worthy of Kirby’s character and the world he created.

Abnett, then Tomasi for the first two issues.

4 JLA one shots for Orlando too, did we know that was the plan?

Ms. Marvel #11
As
heartbreaking
as the issue was, it's been a long time coming.
As soon as Bruno started dating, it was simply a matter of, not when, but how many issues until he left her. The bomb was merely the turning point, but that said, it's still pretty heartbreaking. It's also moments like these that I'll defend Carol somewhat through this event. She proves she's not a villain, really. She doesn't condone Kamala's actions (not many would, let's be honest), and she punishes Becky for being a shitty Hisako knockoff. Oh, and also for being a mini-Hitler.

Dope issue as per usual

Champions #1
This was a pretty awesome issue. A lot of action with Ramos da gawd behind it. Really like his art here. While we don't get to ses too much actual chemistry between the members, what we do see is solid, and we can really get a good idea of the team roles. The issue really does set the tone for the series, and I dig it. Really curious as to how Young Cyclops will play into this.
Also we can all agree that the guy Pagliacci was talking to will be the main villain, right?

I feel like this book is something special and I can't wait for more.
HOLY SHIT at this Superman #14 solicit:
Oh man they going full cosmic. THAT BOOK IS SO GOOD
I just caught this.

http://www.cbr.com/robinsons-scarlet-witch-redefines-wandas-marvel-universe-role/

Robinson had to tell Marvel that Wanda was gonna be in movies and was aghast Marvel had no plans for for til Robinson pitched.

I want to know who pitched for the 3 gun guys. If it was Axel, that guy needs to go.
Jeff Lemire pitched them as a joke

Axel loved it

Top Bottom