• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Jeff Lemire pitched them as a joke

Axel loved it

LOL. This made me laugh, maybe more than it should of.

----

New books starting to filter in! Of course, volume 3 of Harrow County arrives before volume 1 or 2 haha, and they were ordered from same supplier at the same time. Really love the trade dress of the Joe Golem book, it really nails that 1950s pulpy noir look, like a hardcase crime novel or something.

newbooksdfu3p.jpg

Mindwipe

Can't go wrong with any of these.....

Manifest Destiny
Lazarus
East of West
Birthright
Deadly Class

All of these plus Low, Sex Criminals, The Manhattan Projects and Locke and Key. Copperhead, The Fuse are also okay next tier. WicDiv if you want a slightly different direction.

It's Dark Horse rather than image, but Umbrella Academy might also be up your street.

TheFlow

Banned
Do the Hanna-Barbera issues end at 12 or something? Hope Didio was just waiting for Future Quest to finish to announce Shazam ongoing.

Future quest could before them all since it has a set story, predetermined baddy, and I can't see it continuing after it is all done.

More titles could come out of Future quest for sure since it has all of the Hannah characters outside the 3 other titles.

It's my birthday!

Time to spend the day eating food, playing vidya games and reading comics
EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif
Happy B-DAY!

LOL. This made me laugh, maybe more than it should of.

----

New books starting to filter in! Of course, volume 3 of Harrow County arrives before volume 1 or 2 haha, and they were ordered from same supplier at the same time. Really love the trade dress of the Joe Golem book, it really nails that 1950s pulpy noir look, like a hardcase crime novel or something.
I was going to buy that golem book before I went all digital

Thanks!

Got clothes, drink, food, some RAM (lol), new converse, toiletries and some money which I've spent on some more Hellboy and Fables comics

Who buys people toiletries for their birthday? Communists, I bet.

Nice! New RAM to keep you up to speed right. Cos you're getting old as shit. Right?? hahah. That;s awesome though, how far did you get through Fables now? Also, Hellboy, good man, what one/s?

Lol, every year for what, 8-9 years now. My partner's parents get me a toiletry, and socks. Without fail. Maybe this is a British thing though?

I was going to buy that golem book before I went all digital

It's nice man! Maybe even nicer than the Baltimore HCs, the spine is real swish.

All-Star Batman

Kinda meh. I thought the art was horrible this issue. Bruce in that panel where Duke is about to leave? Goddamn.

ASM(Last issue before Clone Conspiracy)

I was ok with the issue but thought it was pretty obvious early on where it was going.

Doom Patrol

Love the weirdness! I can't get enough of this book right now.

Red Hood and the Outlaws

Maybe the most underrated book of Rebirth. After a meh Rebirth issue it's been all great.

TheFlow

Banned
so I forgot to buy the #9 issue of Doctor Strange. sighh. no way am I am skipping an issue.

Doctor Strange #8

not a very exciting issue especially coming after the first 7 issue which have all been 5/5 issues. least we got to know what was in the cellar.

3/5

TheFlow

Banned
Anytime I forget to buy a comic, I just hop on CMX and buy it. Man, why do people even go to comic shops anymore?

haha I read all digital, but I am waiting till my paycheck(Friday) before I buy more comics.

So I am reading Cap Sam wilson, then stand off, then cap america.

TheFlow

Banned
Happy B-Day, dude.

Great series. How's the stuff from the '50s hold up. I'm thinking of getting the omnibus.

Because they're fun?
No idea but if you plan to buy the doctor strange omnibus now would be the best time. People have been waiting for it for a long time

Happy B-Day, dude.

Great series. How's the stuff from the '50s hold up. I'm thinking of getting the omnibus.

Because they're fun?

</3 I really wish I could visit one more often. I would visit the forbidden planet in Glasgow a few times a week, sometimes just to walk around and look at shit. It was overpriced for sure, but nothing can beat having a book in your hands to judge, and the random stuff you'll spot on a rack and grab. The last time I ever bought singles too.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Nova is by far the best of the Conquest tie ins so far. Phyla's is getting better though. Star Lord's is interesting enough but I really don't care for the art. Finding it hard to care at all about Wraith.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Nice! New RAM to keep you up to speed right. Cos you're getting old as shit. Right?? hahah. That;s awesome though, how far did you get through Fables now? Also, Hellboy, good man, what one/s?

Lol, every year for what, 8-9 years now. My partner's parents get me a toiletry, and socks. Without fail. Maybe this is a British thing though?

It's nice man! Maybe even nicer than the Baltimore HCs, the spine is real swish.
Up to issue 56 of fables and I've just read sledgehammer 44 iirc so I need to recheck that reading order to see what to buy next :p

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! :) &#127881;

TheFlow

Banned
Up to issue 56 of fables and I've just read sledgehammer 44 iirc so I need to recheck that reading order to see what to buy next :p

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! :) &#127881;

lol looking forward to seeing your reactions towards the final issues.

Shit looks the Star Wars Trailer amazing

Haha, it does look good. I let my boy have his first day off school for the movies last year, star wars was out on his actual birthday.
He cried when Solo dies haha
. I couldn't say no to that memory. Guess I'll end up doing it again this year, even if it's two days earlier.

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! :) &#65533;&#65533;

Oh awesome man. If you're still following the Mignolaversity thing, I think you're ready for the 1940s omnibus/Vampire. Great stuff!

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Seriously, they need to pay the guys who make the trailers big money. Insane how good everyone of them since the Disney acquirement was

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I only ever visit a comic shop if I go to the cinema in Newcastle. Otherwise, none are near me and digital is way too convenient.

I used to go to the LCS more often because it'd always be random stops to pick up trades that looked interesting. Been all digital for a while now and rarely go to the comic shop unless it's for something spur of the moment or some type of board game/gaming paraphernalia.

Mostly this. And no worries about inventory numbers. I got turned onto digital because one week my comic shop didn't get in the book I was looking forward to most that week. That was where my conversion began.

I have a buddy that still refuses to go digital because they like physical too much. He missed out on an issue or two of Omega Men and Bloodlines recently and I still could not convince him to just go physical. This person is also really paranoid about using a card on any kind of website.

Amazon is my favourite comic shop now. When it comes to physical and digital.

Haha you're speaking my language man. I skip between that, book depository and wordery depending on price and availability. If Wordery have the express delivery for a book, then every time. 2 quid for as.many as you like, crazy.

You see Indy ref 2? Jeez. Wish we could just put this stuff behind us either way. My town was at each other's throats for a whole month last time. It was like Comicsgaf when a saga spoiler gets dropped.

I have a buddy that still refuses to go digital because they like physical too much. He missed out on an issue or two of Omega Men and Bloodlines recently and I still could not convince him to just go physical. This person is also really paranoid about using a card on any kind of website.

Yeah, I sure miss having to sort floppies into longboxes every week and have them take up all that closet space.

1Q6MJxb.gif

Dusknoir

Mostly this. And no worries about inventory numbers. I got turned onto digital because one week my comic shop didn't get in the book I was looking forward to most that week. That was where my conversion began.
I'm lucky. Whenever these a book missing from my main LCS there on a 10 minute from from that one. I got like four stores near me.

Mindwipe

Anytime I forget to buy a comic, I just hop on CMX and buy it. Man, why do people even go to comic shops anymore?

To buy transforming robots tbh. I've long since stopped buying any floppies, and I don't buy that many paper trades now.

And if Amazon was any good at selling me transforming robots I'd probably look at them for that too.

Damn, I forgot how absolutely packed to the walls Witchfinder volume 1 is.
The little red men from Hollow Earth, Howard's Sword, Henry Hood from Darkness Calls, the partial origins of Memnan Saa of the BPRD books & Gustav Strobl of Abe Sapien, Shambala from Frankenstein, and the first hints of the bridge to how Ed got like that in all those Hellboy volumes.
. No doubt some other stuff I missed or just forgot. References out the ass. And just a damn good story too. I really love the captain and his whole shtick. I love Victorian fiction with a kooky edge, whether it's of the supernatural persuasion, or something more Da Vinchi code, the setting just gushes atmosphere that's ripe to picked.

Hagi

Haha you're speaking my language man. I skip between that, book depository and wordery depending on price and availability. If Wordery have the express delivery for a book, then every time. 2 quid for as.many as you like, crazy.

You see Indy ref 2? Jeez. Wish we could just put this stuff behind us either way. My town was at each other's throats for a whole month last time. It was like Comicsgaf when a saga spoiler gets dropped.

I'm still on student Amazon prime so it's a an easy choice for me. When they eventually take me off it I'll look at some other options.

Yeah it's pretty mental but as soon as we got the Brexit vote and the majority here voted stay it was just a matter of time. I expect it'll be harder for those better together folks to push that narrative this time seeing how good a job the Tories are doing at fucking everything up. Time will tell though, should be a fun ride.

I'm still on student Amazon prime so it's a an easy choice for me. When they eventually take me off it I'll look at some other options.

Yeah it's pretty mental but as soon as we got the Brexit vote and the majority here voted stay it was just a matter of time. I expect it'll be harder for those better together folks to push that narrative this time seeing how good a job the Tories are doing at fucking everything up. Time will tell though, should be a fun ride.

To be a student again!

Maybe a bit hot and heavy for comicsgaf, so i'll tag it out haha, keep the tone of the thread light :)
I totally know what you mean man, but with a kid and a mortgage and so on, I just want it past haha, there's no fun in it for me. Like, even if it's yes this time, are we talking about it again in another year or two? and same for another no vote. At some point we have to decide on a status quo and start talking about what we can do within it, oppose to perennial discussion you know? Anyway, I saw some of your posts in the thread and you talk alot of sense. I don't want to see xenophobia OR hate within the country between ourselves.

Like I said DC is on fire with the Minis and this looks great. Dc gotta keep the mini game strong. So many characters still need spotlight.

I hope they do a little better with spreading out the releases though. I feel like last week was a little too heavy on the mini releases. Deadman, Hawkman and another one or two I think? Those could have easily been spread out a little better. Sure they cover different genre's and probably have different audiences but it's still limiting their potential audience in some ways.

TheFlow

Banned
I hope they do a little better with spreading out the releases though. I feel like last week was a little too heavy on the mini releases. Deadman, Hawkman and another one or two I think? Those could have easily been spread out a little better. Sure they cover different genre's and probably have different audiences but it's still limiting their potential audience in some ways.

true, but January/Feb will also be the end for some of them as well.

Top Bottom