• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

How have I never heard of The Legend of Wonder Woman. Looks terrific. Who has read this?
It's amazing. Read it before I started posting here so I never pushed it aside from "Man, WW has had some good books released this year".

Have to go to sleep early because I have to be up by 05:45 for my morning training.

Dark Horse Comics/DC Comics: Justice League Volume 2 TP

Ron Marz (W), Peter David (W), John Ostrander (W), Pop Mhan (P), Todd Nauck (P), Rick Leonardi (P), Graham Nolan (P/Cover), Norman Lee (I), Jaime Mendoza (I), Mike Perkins (I), Igor Kordey (P/I), Randy Elliott (I/Cover), Guy Major (C), Dave Stewart (C), Chris Chuckry (C), and Jim Sinclair (C)

On sale Mar 8

FC, 336 pages

$24.99

TP, 7″ x 10″

In the return of these crossover comics, the JLA take on Predators—in adaptive superhero form! Batman teams up with Tarzan to resist the claws of the Cat-Woman. Kyle Rayner must don the mantle of Green Lantern to turn back a tide of Aliens. Superteens Spyboy and Young Justice must defeat nightmarish foes. Collects JLA versus Predator, Batman/Tarzan: Claws of the Cat-Woman, Green Lantern versus Aliens, and Spyboy/Young Justice: Young Spies Like Us.

JLA/Predator and Green Lantern/Aliens? SOLD! Such childhood nostalgia.

Tons of good looking stuff for Dark Horse in Jan. Black Hammer volume 1! The last hell on earth trade! The Hellboy winter special, Dept H, Arcudi's Dead Inside mini, Harrow County. Really need to check out Corben's stuff one of these days.

Kyle Renner, best Lantern

After Omega Men, so much haha

Ross61

I think the "Odyssey of the Amazons" mini might be one of the books by PoC creators that Didio mentioned. It's got an all black creative team.

Fantastic, one of my favourite artists today. Have you been following his inktober thing? Really cool!
Is he doing that comic solely for October or is he just using his comic work for inktober. There's a difference and I support both of them
Wait til y'all see the inktober piece ed did for me
Nown I see why you were telling me to post it haha
Can't wait to see it!

I finally picked up Rage Against the Jackal today. When are we getting part 2, ed?
Part 2 is finished. 3 is ready to go in black and white, so is 4 and I'm 7 pages in to the last one.

So that means I've released 24 pages on comixology when Im sitting on 72 more.

I don't know how black mask hasn't accepted me in to the fold.

How have I never heard of The Legend of Wonder Woman. Looks terrific. Who has read this?

It's soooooooooo gooooooooood. We are absolutely spoiled for great Wondy material these days, between the main book, Bombshells, and Legend.

I think the "Odyssey of the Amazons" mini might be one of the books by PoC creators that Didio mentioned. It's got an all black creative team.

Oh, that's cool.

Uh, he is in that book? Cant wait for our reading club then ;)

Naw he's messing with you, Rayner dies in the prequel issue.

tim1138

That book was great. I talked it up for a bit last year when the digital chapters started coming out (it was a digital first series), but other than Poodle I don't think anyone else was reading it and there was never any discussion. There is a second volume that starts either late this year or early next.

my name is ed said:
Part 2 is finished. 3 is ready to go in black and white, so is 4 and I'm 7 pages in to the last one.

So that means I've released 24 pages on comixology when Im sitting on 72 more.

I don't know how black mask hasn't accepted me in to the fold.

Sounds to me like you're a little too timely for them... still waiting on issue 3 of 4 Kids Walk into a Bank and issue 2 of Young Terrorists

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
If I want to get into tmnt, can I ignore the side volumes initially, to cut down the load, or should I really read it all as I go?
I think that would be relatively safe, from what I recall. If you're looking to buy however, the hardcover collections look great, collect everything in the ideal reading order and are great deals. I'm honestly tempted to double dip on them. Like the first one collects the first 12 issues and 5 of the character one-shots, and you can get it for $31.47 on Amazon, which is like 75% the cost of getting those in trades. Volume 2 has 8 of the regular issues, 5 character one-shots, and the 4-issue Secret History of the Foot Clan mini* for $32.

*The Secret History of the Foot Clan is definitely an important mini to read. It's a detailed look at Splinter, the Turtles, and Shredder's shared past and will be fundamental to a lot of the bigger story.

Messi

Speaking of Inktober. Sanford Greene posted my sketch cover from NYCC that he just finished as part of his inktober sketches. It's dope.

vaKBW5y.jpg

I think that would be relatively safe, from what I recall. If you're looking to buy however, the hardcover collections look great, collect everything in the ideal reading order and are great deals. I'm honestly tempted to double dip on them. Like the first one collects the first 12 issues and 5 of the character one-shots, and you can get it for $31.47 on Amazon, which is like 75% the cost of getting those in trades. Volume 2 has 8 of the regular issues, 5 character one-shots, and the 4-issue Secret History of the Foot Clan mini* for $32.

*The Secret History of the Foot Clan is definitely an important mini to read. It's a detailed look at Splinter, the Turtles, and Shredder's shared past and will be fundamental to a lot of the bigger story.

Oh that's awesome. I had no idea the big HCs collected the other stuff too. That makes them much more enticing. I think the first trade or two are a little difficult to get now in softcover actually, so I'd have been jumping through a few hoops anyway to go that way. Cheers man. Maybe I'll grab the first HC or two then and see how that treats me.

Don't know her. What else has she done?

Yup! She doesn't really keep it up anymore I don't think, but her drawn blog back in the day was really cute & funny: click

Dan

Oh that's awesome. I had no idea the big HCs collected the other stuff too. That makes them much more enticing. I think the first trade or two are a little difficult to get now in softcover actually, so I'd have been jumping through a few hoops anyway to go that way. Cheers man. Maybe I'll grab the first HC or two then and see how that treats me.
No problem, glad to help. The hardcover IDW Collections seem pretty great for allowing people to catch up with as little trouble as possible.

No problem, glad to help. The hardcover IDW Collections seem pretty great for allowing people to catch up with as little trouble as possible.

Yea that really does seem like a great deal, reminds me of the bprd omnibus, simplifying the whole experience to catch up. How is the release schedule for the HCs, are we talking yearly, or is it a bit more nebulous than that?

Flow:You know what Echo?

Echo:What flow?

Flow: maybe we really are the last of us

LOL. dead

ElNarez

Banned
if you didn't read Unfollow, you're missing out because holy fuck #12

it's a gamechanger, a carefully built machine designed to take the wind from me, holy shit

TheFlow

Banned
so I guess I am about to find out what happened to Ultimate Thor and why Thors were used as Doom's police force in secret wars.

Hagi

I thought all you guys would be buzzing over the star wars thing. Or is it embargoed from the ot haha

Aphra is actually getting her own book? that's pretty sweet. I'll have to wait till next month to find out how Vader ends but nice to know I already have someone to look forward to when in December.

Dan

Yea that really does seem like a great deal, reminds me of the bprd omnibus, simplifying the whole experience to catch up. How is the release schedule for the HCs, are we talking yearly, or is it a bit more nebulous than that?
Erm, well...

Vol 1 - June 2015
Vol 2 - March 2016
Vol 3 - September 2016
Vol 4 - seems slated for January 2017

It feels like they're trying to catch up pretty quickly.

Hagi

Haha I didn't want to say in case it was a secret. I don't read the Vader book, I just know everyone likes it! You start in at BPRD yet?

It's been rumoured that she was getting a book for a while so when you said I went to Bleeding Cool to check lol You should give Vader a read sometime it's been a great ride so far.

I just started volume 1 actually! I was going to give myself a goal of finishing it today but got too distracted by watching Bosch. I'm going to sit down a read it all tomorrow then I'll post my thoughts on the first volume. It's been a while since I've read it so it should be fun.

Erm, well...

It feels like they're trying to catch up pretty quickly.

Wow that's awesome. More than I expected haha!

You should give Vader a read sometime it's been a great ride so far.

I just started volume 1 actually! I was going to give myself a goal of finishing it today but got too distracted by watching Bosch. I'm going to sit down a read it all tomorrow then I'll post my thoughts on the first volume. It's been a while since I've read it so it should be fun.

Haha hmmmm my problem is I've only read one book by Gillen and I really strongly disliked it. It just didn't resonate with me at all on a storytelling or charscter level, I just found it poorly plotted and honestly, quite shallow. Of course that is only one volume of one book so it's not a lot to judge him by but its made me bullish haha.

Awesome man. Those omnibus are big and there's a lot to unpack as you go. Yea, interested to hear you're thoughts rereading. It's the only omnibus I have a few mixed thoughts on a few of the shorter stories in the middle with all the different writers that get in there, just because it's kind of strange and a real anomaly for the mignola books (Geoff johns writes a story haha), but hollow earth is incredible and the actual story plague of frogs itself obviously kicks off the main narrative that drives the whole rest of the collections and is blistering.

TheFlow

Banned
Thors #1

lol wtf. Law&Order: Thor. The groot thor is too funny. but damn. solid first issue

Thors #2

this issue was needed. lots of backstory and plot details.

Thors #3

That Interrogation room, that betrayal, and that beatdown. Man I am starting to wish we had a ongoing like this.

Thors #4

Ultimate Thor really did become a favorite of mine after this mini series. I like his hammer too. I guess this explains why his hammer
is in the main universe after secre wars

4/5 Lot of cool bits in this one, and a Thor cop comic turned out to be such a good idea.

Friends, LOL had requested that we keep anything confirmed about the new SW book tagged for the time being so as not to spoil anything about Vader 25. Just a heads up.

Top Bottom