• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

VanWinkle

Reading Black Canary and Green Arrow: Wedding Album (think that's what it's called) and it's fantastic. Love the art, love Canary and GA's relationship.

Their forums are hot garbage. A lot of elitism within specific character forum. Also a lot of Superman vs. Goku threads.

Hate that kind of thing.

CBR and Bleeding Cool used to be a good place to read forum threads on the latest industry controversy. That thread would turn nasty after about a page into it. Good times.

I quite like browsing multiversity comics, they do some good features and a decent mix of reviews. I like visiting comicosity because they basically like everything and sometimes that's nice. Cbr and newsarama are.mostly good for solicits and not much else these days.

Messi

I don't remember if I showed you guys this. But this is the second last commission from NYCC (this and Elsa Charretiers commission got delayed).

Sanford Greene AmeriKate.

14727517_1798335233787283_6282015597458882560_n.jpg

I'm still in Chapter 1 of DQB. I just found the abandoned castle so now I'm dismantling it and using the castle wall blocks to replace the walls of my town. >:D
Yea the chapters are long. Just got to chapter 2 and I think 15 hours or so? When I first heard how they did the chapters I wasn't a fan. Now that I'm playing it I'm for the decision. It's a good way of keeping it fresh

Ahh my VR and dragon Quest Builders obsessions left me with no time for comics. I'm rapidly falling behind. Need more hours in the day!

I've read 45 Star Wars comics this weekend. I'm doing my part to make up for your slacking.

One more issue to finish Vader Down. Surprisingly interesting. Marvel Star Wars is good.

Yea the chapters are long. Just got to chapter 2 and I think 15 hours or so? When I first heard how they did the chapters I wasn't a fan. Now that I'm playing it I'm for the decision. It's a good way of keeping it fresh

I only started playing last night after finishing Mafia III. Taking my time with this. After I finish replacing my town walls with castle wall blocks, I'm gonna build a second floor of the town. Need more space.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Are Reed and Sue the longest running couple in comics? Whats the DC version, if there is one?

Sandfox

Are Reed and Sue the longest running couple in comics? Whats the DC version, if there is one?

I think pretty much all off the long standing relationships ended except Reed and Sue. I don't know too much about the super old DC stuff, but I would assume their longest relationship is Lois and Clark even with them not being together these past few years.

Joan has been Jay Garrick's wife / girlfriend since the original Flash was created, I believe. Of course there have been long gaps where either one or both of them wasn't featured.

Ross61

Are they jealous they didn't think of the brand?

you gonna specify which people or what the argument is about or why we should care or anything like that

The main person that I've seen is Joseph P. Illidge (@JosephPIllidge) making the argument with people like Andy Khouri (GA, JLA, and Suicide Squad editor), Gail Simone, Tommy Lee Edwards, and some other creators and people joining in.

The dudes problem is Way and how he is famous. That's the only reason the brand exists apparently. It's not a good look for the creators talking shit.
They don't like the current books him and his team are putting out? Way isn't even that famous like he was over 10 years ago. Not a lot of people remember MCR now.

To me it seems like creators and editors have problems with Way having so much control over the imprint above even the editors.
Without his strict oversight DC would have probably wanted every single YA comic to tie-in with the rest of the DC universe. It's good that he cares a lot about the imprint and wants every book to be different and mean something.

Messi

He's a big name, sure. But they wouldn't give the guy his own brand if he wrote shit comics.

They have made many worse decisions than that... Let's not give comic companies too much credit here.

Without his strict oversight DC would have probably wanted every single YA comic to tie-in with the rest of the DC universe. It's good that he cares a lot about the imprint and wants every book to be different and mean something.

They didn't do this to vertigo though. Why would you assume they would want to do it to YA?

ElNarez

Banned
can't wait to see the exact same outrage targeted at Warren Ellis for doing sensibly the same "curating" work on the Wildstorm reboot

ElNarez

Banned
To me it seems like creators and editors have problems with Way having so much control over the imprint above even the editors.

oh no people directly involved with the creative process are making the creative decisions, with the agreement of DC's entire chain of editorial command

Ross61

The way I see it, as long as we get great comics out of it there shouldn't be a problem. It's not like Way single-handedly control's the line. There are DC and Vertigo editors that are involved in the books too.

ElNarez

Banned
I think it's a fucking disgrace that michel fiffe is doing COPRA all by himself, without any oversight from editors

it's going too far and I'm not gonna be fine with it anymore

Top Bottom