• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

I'm terms of monthly singles, I buy around 20 a month, all Image and DC.

In terms of reading a month, a ton. I read almost everything Marvel on Unlimited, and have a hefty backlog from other publishers on Comixology. I'm sitting at 882 comics on the year so far, so 90ish per month?

Haha you are so the problem. Marvel look at your reading habits on MU and say to themselves "well, some people like EVERYTHING we do! We gotta keep on with this stuff"

Haha you are so the problem. Marvel look at your reading habits on MU and say to themselves "well, some people like EVERYTHING we do! We gotta keep on with this stuff"

Pretty much. I mean, there's trash I won't touch at all. And I certainly don't keep up with stuff every week, maybe only 4-5 titles. But once a handful of books build up, I go nuts. On rainy days like today, I'll spend my day playing with my son and reading comics on MU. I've read 26 Star Wars comics since last night.

There are lots of titles I would never purchase that I will read on MU, though, so I get that complaint. But in the end, it's all comics. How good can they be?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Pretty much. I mean, there's trash I won't touch at all. And I certainly don't keep up with stuff every week, maybe only 4-5 titles. But once a handful of books build up, I go nuts. On rainy days like today, I'll spend my day playing with my son and reading comics on MU. I've read 26 Star Wars comics since last night.

There are lots of titles I would never purchase that I will read on MU, though, so I get that complaint. But in the end, it's all comics. How good can they be?

I am getting sick and tired of all the Squirrel Girl bashing going on around here!

Haha I'm just ribbing man, I'd probably do the same if I had a sub You're paying for access to everything right, so why not.

And I feel ya, the kids here had a 10 day break over the last week, and we had the deck cleared, so I've pretty much just read comics and had family time.

Shut up! it's because it's BETTER!
Dammit.

XD

Blimey. What did you read?

The Leia, Chewbacca, and Obi-Wan miniseries. Then several issues of Star Wars and Vader. Close to starting Vader Down.

I am getting sick and tired of all the Squirrel Girl bashing going on around here!

I mean, you're not wrong. She's in the trash category for me. I have enjoyed Howard the Duck and the first issue of Gwenpool, so quirky books can work for me. Just not garbage ones.

TheFlow

Banned
NOVA 1-5

what a fast paced and fun series. I don't read a lot of Marvel Space books, but this one got me hooked. I like Sam.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
The Leia, Chewbacca, and Obi-Wan miniseries. Then several issues of Star Wars and Vader. Close to starting Vader Down.

I mean, you're not wrong. She's in the trash category for me. I have enjoyed Howard the Duck and the first issue of Gwenpool, so quirky books can work for me. Just not garbage ones.

Did you hate it too?

Backstagers #3
Horizon #4
Nightwing #7

I think that's it. I guess that means I can buy some more trades :p

I'm pretty sure this is my last issue of Horizon. It's just not doing it for me.

Backstagers #3
Horizon #4
Nightwing #7

I think that's it. I guess that means I can buy some more trades :p

I'm pretty sure this is my last issue of Horizon. It's just not doing it for me.

Check out the sixth gun if you haven't man. Should scratch that itch for you since you really like Harrow County.

TheFlow

Banned
Nova #8

hory shit. Sam is definitely not a smart kid. like damn. I thought he made a simple mistake in Champions #1 but turns out he has been doing dumb shit since 2014.

This was my first time learning about Justice and Speedball. what a comedic duo. The end fight was funny, the bad guys thought Nova would fight fair. lol

Nova #9
Speeball slayed me again. I like his relationship with the Watcher.

and with that I am done with comics till Monday.

that makes 62 Marvel issues read this week. need break

Nova #8

is-such-a-thing-even-possible-yes-it-is.jpg

An well deserved break.

TheFlow

Banned
An well deserved break.

yea I refuse to pay for MU next month so I am busting my ass before that 9.99 comes through my account.

This is all I got left on MU outside the usual x-men stuff:
All of Nova 2013-2016
All of Ms. Marvel 2013-2016
Ant-Man
Howard the duck

Boogiepop

Psh, I easily read over 100 in my "need to catch up on all these Marvel books I bought on Comixology"-athon, quite possibly over 200. (I read waaaaay too many comics this week. Waaaaay too many.)

Also, I hopped back on reading my Usagi Yojimbo books, and it deserves to be brought up again that this is really good stuff, especially since they don't seem to get a ton of discussion. Turns out I actually hadn't read Saga 4 and up, so I've now read 4 and half of 5, with 6 also sitting in the stack (and 7 on my IST wishlist).

Also, I hopped back on reading my Usagi Yojimbo books, and it deserves to be brought up again that this is really good stuff, especially since they don't seem to get a ton of discussion.

Glad you brought it up. Like the goon, I always wanted to give it a shot but its just a matter cash and priorities. Is there a proper ongoing narrative or is each collection quite self contained/it's own thing? Also is there any sort of end in mind?

TheFlow

Banned
Psh, I easily read over 100 in my "need to catch up on all these Marvel books I bought on Comixology"-athon, quite possibly over 200. (I read waaaaay too many comics this week. Waaaaay too many.)

Also, I hopped back on reading my Usagi Yojimbo books, and it deserves to be brought up again that this is really good stuff, especially since they don't seem to get a ton of discussion. Turns out I actually hadn't read Saga 4 and up, so I've now read 4 and half of 5, with 6 also sitting in the stack (and 7 on my IST wishlist).

haha it is definitely possible, but I work 2 jobs and gotta go to Hollow-scream tonight with my girl.

Usagi is apart of my top 5 runs. I firmly put it above Hellboy and and Stray bullets.

Glad you brought it up. Like the goon, I always wanted to give it a shot but its just a matter cash and priorities. Is there a proper ongoing narrative or is each collection quite self contained/it's own thing? Also is there any sort of end in mind?
no read it from the beginning. Some stories are self contained but for most part a character you see in one story can easily be seen/mentioned in the next story.

the numbering is not like hellboy so it should be easy to follow/catch up on.

the ending has already been written and published. Sakai is a smart man for that.

Malyse

DC Comics Legends isn't as terrible as I feared it might be. They take some gameplay cues from Future Fight and have build a pretty fun little game. Still, Future Fight << Avengers Alliance, which is the game this most closely hews to.

DC Comics Legends isn't as terrible as I feared it might be. They take some gameplay cues from Future Fight and have build a pretty fun little game. Still, Future Fight << Avengers Alliance, which is the game this most closely hews to.

I just watched a demo and no idea WTF it is. Doesn't have the smooth combat of FF. Seems to follow the power structure of Injustice? Doesn't ooze charm.

Boogiepop

As was mentioned, yeah, you're best to just read from the beginning. Plots are often fairly self contained, but there definitely is an internal continuity with the various cast members and all that. For what it's worth, it's fairly easy to get into now, though. Just pick up the Usagi Yojimbo Special Edition box set for the first part, and then grab the Saga books, which are super affordable. Though I do realize the Special Edition set is a moderately hefty purchase to make, unfortunately. For what it's worth, I got by fine reading the first Saga book before realizing I needed to jump back into the stuff in the Special Edition, so if you're really afraid of jumping in too heavily that's a choice. (I wouldn't particularly recommend doing so as it'll be a better read doing it properly from the start, but like I said, it didn't ruin things for me and would at least give a nice feel for the series at a very reasonable price).
haha it is definitely possible, but I work 2 jobs and gotta go to Hollow-scream tonight with my girl.

Usagi is apart of my top 5 runs. I firmly put it above Hellboy and and Stray bullets.

no read it from the beginning. Some stories are self contained but for most part a character you see in one story can easily be seen/mentioned in the next story.

the numbering is not like hellboy so it should be easy to follow/catch up on.

the ending has already been written and published. Sakai is a smart man for that.

Yeah, that's totally far more respectable than my situation. I'm just in a freelance (but still fairly consistent) position with a company and ended up not having a project for this week so I've been kind of drowning in free time, which is the only reason I've been able to read such an insane amount.

tim1138

It looks exactly like the Star Wars mobile rpg

Flow & Boogie, thanks for the info, i'll look into it. Definitely interested. A larger purchase may have to wait til the holidays at this point, I'm at tipping point where I start stashing cash for Xmas shopping. It's unbelievable how much needs.to be spent to make a kids present pile look like anything these days >_<

What did Flow mean the ending has been written and published? Is the series over? Or is it not being told linearly?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Catching up on this week's books:

Reborn #1: Lovely, emotional, and a bit sappy. Seemed to "trope-y" at the end, but we'll see, I guess.

Doom Patrol #2: Yup. Like it. Should I buy omnibus of original DP? How's the binding? the readability?

Catching up on this week's books:

Reborn #1: Lovely, emotional, and a bit sappy. Seemed to "trope-y" at the end, but we'll see, I guess.

Doom Patrol #2: Yup. Like it. Should I buy omnibus of original DP? How's the binding? the readability?

When you say original DP do you mean the Morrison run or like the original original from the 60s?

Malyse

It looks exactly like the Star Wars mobile rpg
It's similar, but it's also super stripped down. I assume that they plan of adding content for NA launch, but as of now it's just grinding.
Y'all ever have trouble remembering characters power sets? Like....is Ms Marvel bullet proof?
Jessica Jones and Wonder Woman.

And no. She has a healing factor but one of the first things that happened to her was getting shot.

Messi

It's similar, but it's also super stripped down. I assume that they plan of adding content for NA launch, but as of now it's just grinding.

Jessica Jones and Wonder Woman.

And no. She has a healing factor but one of the first things that happened to her was getting shot.

She did get shot didn't she.

OK so Rogue. What about her?

Top Bottom