• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Well I'm on uk time man but I could really do with some bros on this haha the class stuff is amazing and works well but it really opens up casual play with randoms to being more of a shit show haha. You enjoying what you've played so far? Campaign doesn't win any awards but I really liked it.

I thiiiink you maybe mentioned an Aaron book last time but still haha not that I'm much different. Still a few I want to try though. Moon knight, black widow and the power man iron fist book.

I'm enjoying myself pretty thoroughly. Just hit Act 4. Big takeaway is that I'm not nearly good enough to bother with 90% of the power weapons, lol. Just sticking to my Lancer and maybe a Torque Bow / Longshot; will probably play Soldier or Engineer in Horde.

Well I'm on uk time man but I could really do with some bros on this haha the class stuff is amazing and works well but it really opens up casual play with randoms to being more of a shit show haha. You enjoying what you've played so far? Campaign doesn't win any awards but I really liked it.

I thiiiink you maybe mentioned an Aaron book last time but still haha not that I'm much different. Still a few I want to try though. Moon knight, black widow and the power man iron fist book.

Oh yeah, Thor and Black Widow FER SHER

I'm enjoying myself pretty thoroughly. Just hit Act 4. Big takeaway is that I'm not nearly good enough to bother with 90% of the power weapons, lol. Just sticking to my Lancer and maybe a Torque Bow / Longshot; will probably play Soldier or Engineer in Horde.

OH yea, for sure haha. The new version of the digger, the over the top one, I was terrible with that. I really only fussed with the buzz saw shooter, otherwise it's OG lancer & shotgun all the way. Soldier is probably what I've settled on for playing with randoms. You don't need to worry about building, repairing or even picking up power, at that point you can't really step on anyone's toes and your not handicapping yourself.

i don't think NVidia will ever send me my GoW4 key so sadly no :(

Wait wha, you still don't have it? Was this with the card?

I'm mostly playing PvP ranked. I just unlocked the Day of the Dead skin for Kait.

I might end up over on PvP more often until I can build up a crew for horde. I usually to play with my brother and his friends on Gears, but I'm flying solo now.

Like I said, I'm UK time, but if anyone wants to play, we could try sync up when everyone is done campaigns etc., my tag shooould be on my profile.

The same (clumsy) argument that Way didn't have to "pay his dues" probably applied to him becoming a writer too, but it turned out he was pretty good at it. And there are lots of people who have become comic writers who were famous in other mediums and turned out to be fucking awful, who therefore never came back.

And let's be frank here. If the work ends up good, people will not give the slightest shit.

On Gillen's podcast, Hickman revealed that everything he has ever written has been published. Nightly News was his first time writing. That's insane to me.

Squirrel Gal, Black Panther, one more issue of The Vision...?

Am I forgetting something?

Are you not reading Power man & Ironfist, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman and Slott's Silver Surfer?

Owzers

COMICS! lOTl November 2016. Trump is president and Valiant is back on top.

I'm going to need help with the Valiant section, I was pretty sure they were out of business until I saw a recent issue in the trash bin outside a comic shop.

Mindwipe

On Gillen's podcast, Hickman revealed that everything he has ever written has been published. Nightly News was his first time writing. That's insane to me.

Lucky stupendously talented bastard.

The first trade of Death Sentence has really quite a large section about how to get your first comic published and what happened with the book, it's pretty interesting. It's also damned hard work for the most part, but lots is down to luck. So it ever was with writing, which feels shitty if you're plugging away and getting nowhere but how else could it possibly be?

mreddie

BC/Richie Rich is talking to some comic shop owners (likely only the 4 closest to him) and they all tell him NOW! in just it's 2nd week has been a bomba.

mreddie

Cu-zfd3W8AQVnWt.jpg

Messi

BC/Richie Rich is talking to some comic shop owners (likely only the 4 closest to him) and they all tell him NOW! in just it's 2nd week has been a bomba.

I love how he makes trends and shit out of talking to 5 random shops.

Marvel. Please. Now is the time. Magik ongoing.

Something something BC marvel burying the xmen no new books fox ect ect ect

Night of the Monster Men final

I was expecting the worst and was somehow still disappointed. I don't even understand what the point of this even was other than to maybe give the bi-weekly teams time to catch up and have a break? Somehow Dick got the idea for how to defeat the monster by thinking about what the different monsters represented even though we already went through all that? And it all somehow led to the Ego which led him to think about a baby? But that somehow led him to thinking of jumping inside the monster to beat him?

This was just dumb.

ASM Clone Conspiracy

Ok, I guess I'm in for some clones. I wasn't too hot going into this but this issue wasn't all too bad.
I feel like I missed or forgot Gwen and JJ's wife being res'd

Supergirl

I found this issue ridiculously confusing. I don't know if it's me not understanding some past stuff with Supergirl that is being rehashed, or if the issue was just bad, but overall I felt pretty left out of this issue.

Deathstroke

Continue to really like this book. I really liked the play by play of Deathstroke laying the trap and still being caught off guard when everything goes down.

The Flash

Guess we could only get one issue of Godspeed being a boss...

Meh.

Messi

Night of the Monster Men final

I was expecting the worst and was somehow still disappointed. I don't even understand what the point of this even was other than to maybe give the bi-weekly teams time to catch up and have a break? Somehow Dick got the idea for how to defeat the monster by thinking about what the different monsters represented even though we already went through all that? And it all somehow led to the Ego which led him to think about a baby? But that somehow led him to thinking of jumping inside the monster to beat him?

This was just dumb.

ASM Clone Conspiracy

Ok, I guess I'm in for some clones. I wasn't too hot going into this but this issue wasn't all too bad.
I feel like I missed or forgot Gwen and JJ's wife being res'd

Supergirl

I found this issue ridiculously confusing. I don't know if it's me not understanding some past stuff with Supergirl that is being rehashed, or if the issue was just bad, but overall I felt pretty left out of this issue.

Deathstroke

Continue to really like this book. I really liked the play by play of Deathstroke laying the trap and still being caught off guard when everything goes down.

The Flash

Guess we could only get one issue of Godspeed being a boss...

Meh.

JJs wife was in an ASM issue. Gwen too but she was totally just there randomly. It's such an odd thing to gloss over.

Sounds like the same things Big Bang and a few other shops said last week.

@Iceman solo: So we now have 2 LGBT solos from Marvel in 2017.

yeah, i bought a 1070 from Amazon a few weeks ago and Nvidia basically told me to go fuck myself if i wanted a GoW4 code

That sucks man, what's the dispute, are they saying amazon should have given you it?

I love Big Bang but no one should be using them as an indicator of trends in the comic industry

Hahah, a few of his *five* was probably just him reading big bang's twitter feed, and a few of the responses

As for Iceman, I mean, ANY character could have an amazing book right, because a great team with an inspired take could turn any character into a really compelling study, or whatever. So there's a chance it could be awesome. Whoever is taking a shot though probably has their work cut out between doing something exciting that may involve pushing the character into new places, and not pissing off the diehards. Purely as he exists right now, I'm not sure how he could hold an interesting book.

Are you not reading Power man & Ironfist, Ms. Marvel, Spider-Woman and Slott's Silver Surfer?

No, Yes, Yes, No.

But Ms. M and S-W are both inconsistent art-wise, so I'm comfortable waiting for MU.

The Flash

After thinking about this I need to bitch more. Did this whole story just get railroaded or something? Where did anything from the start go? Where is the Speedster we saw in the Rebirth issue? It wasn't 52 Wally as he didn't have his suit yet, and it wasn't p52 Wally because that whole meet up already happened. It was also before the speed storm so it wasn't August. What the fuck was that?

Hey August killed an innocent person....shocker. That's the end result? He kills his brothers suspected killer, goes brutal on some other speedsters and some bank robbers and then his big plan is killing everyone in Iron Heights? He can split himself in two and steal people's speed and you use this character with an awesome name as almost nothing. I just don't understand. Then it gets to the end and it's like "Heh, should have been worrying about Black Hole the whole time."

This was dumb, I think I'm out. I really just want to know who that speedster was in the rebirth issue.

Sandfox

Alonso teased at an Iceman series at SDCC so it's nice to see it's actually happening. It's looking like ressurexion will in fact be a "resurrection" of the lines in the style of Regenesis. with new books.

Li Kao

Let's say I would like to discover some comics I never read. What would be a good jumping on point ?

Transformers
I'm guessing the new series that launched during Revolution would be as good a start as any.

TMNT
Uh... no idea ?

Valiant Universe (is it still good ? some recent feedbacks have me worried)
Good God, I'm lost. I suppose I should start by selecting the titles that interest me the most...

Any suggestions ?

Let's say I would like to discover some comics I never read. What would be a good jumping on point ?

Transformers
I'm guessing the new series that launched during Revolution would be as good a start as any.

TMNT
Uh... no idea ?

Good God, I'm lost. I suppose I should start by selecting the titles that interest me the most...

Any suggestions ?

TMNT I just jumped in on. Just from issue 1 in IDWs current series. The first volume is called change is constant. If you're interested in the side series, some peeps shared a reading list a day or two back if you just search turtles or tmnt. You can go to volume 5/issue 20 before you reach a point where a side series really should be read (secret history of the foot clan).

TheFlow

Banned

Transformers

TMNT
Uh... no idea ?

Any suggestions ?
Tizoc made one hell of a guide for transformers that should be followed.

Tmnt. Just start with the first volume. The sale ends today I think.

The Visitor: How & Why He Stayed.

The Hollywood Reporter with a trailer of all things for a new Mignola book, co-writing with Chris Roberson, art by Paul Grist. That scene in the trailer is set during the very first scene in Hellboy #1, so I guess they're going to use the original moment Hellboy arrives on Earth as a jumping off point to follow another character that was there. Awesome. They mentioned that in the Hellboy Winter Special in Jan there would be a new book teased with art by Paul Grist, so I guess that will be a lead in to the new book. Out in Feb 2017.

holy shit, what if this is finally the story of the aliens? Nice reference with the lilies too.

Top Bottom