• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

ElNarez

Banned
If it mirrors his fashion line, it will have me and Frank Quitely on art. All heroes will wear potato sacks.

$7.99 for 30 pages, only four of which are interesting and say something worthwhile god I hated Life of Pablo and I do not know why people pretend it's as good as MBDTF or Yeezy

Messi

If it mirrors his fashion line, it will have me and Frank Quitely on art. All heroes will wear potato sacks.

Liefeld on feet.

I wanna see this.

Speaking of Liefeld. I seen him from behind at NYCC. He was sitting at a table and I couldn't see his feet. He had them hidden. What if he himself doesn't have feet?

I also thought about Rafa when I seen him.

I wanna see this.

Speaking of Liefeld. I seen him from behind at NYCC. He was sitting at a table and I couldn't see his feet. He had them hidden. What if he himself doesn't have feet?

I also thought about Rafa when I seen him.

It stands to reason he might not. Without feet, how could he be expected to draw them? We've all be huge dicks to Liefeld based on a condition out of his control. I'm sorry, Rob! Spawn rules.

Rafa. :(

List: Story Time Edition

My kid did a "How to be a Pirate" thing with Cap'n Jack Sparrow at the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. It was only okay-ish from my perspective, but from hers it was rad as fuck. My parents joined us out here today, and as soon as she saw them she told them she'd been made an official pirate and part of Jack's crew and she got a certificate and EVERYTHING!!! Very exciting.

So, tonight we were talking about the stuff we wanna do at Hollywood Studios tomorrow, and I mentioned I think they do a "Jedi training" thing, thinking she wouldn't be interested, but her eyebrows shot up instantly.

Me: "That's not something you want to do, is it? Wait, is that something you want to do?"
Her: "Well. I already know how to be a pirate. If I learned how to be a Jedi too...I could be a SPACE pirate."
Me: "Literally, the coolest thing you've ever said, right there."

TO THE LIST!!

Backstagers 3

Die Kitty Die! 1 <=== got a real good feeling about this one, amazing solicit

Aquaman 9
Cave Carson Has a Cybernetic Eye 1
Superman 9
Trinity 2

Hadrian's Wall 2
Horizon 4
I Hate Fairyland 10
Rumble 15

A-Force 10
All-New X-Men 14
Amazing Spider-Man 20
Astonishing Ant-Man 13
Black Panther 7
Black Widow 7
Captain America: Sam Wilson 14
Civil War II Kingpin 4
Death of X 2
Doctor Strange 13
Infamous Iron Man 1
Mighty Thor 12
Mockingbird 8
Spider-Woman 12
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 13
Uncanny Inhumans 14

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Shut up! it's because it's BETTER!

Dammit.

Getting back to this if I were to rank my buys it would come in a healthy 3rd behind the greatest comic of all time and Rumble.

Manifest Destiny #24
Rumble #15
Black Hammer #4
I Hate Fairyland #10
Spread #17
Horizon #4

Batman #8
I wasn't too keen on this event. Boring and uninteresting. Clunky dialogue. This issue though, this issue is dope as hell. Some really sick action that's largely full of plot driven by nonsensical pseudo-science, but hot damn is the action on point. Batwoman da goddess. Seriously. Her
with Nightwing is the best part of the issue. On point as always, Kate.

Nightwing #6
And now we're back to boredom. Props for the visuals, but I've lost interest. Maybe I'm and idiot, but this feels like nonsense. The bad kind of nonsense.
DC Comics Legends isn't as terrible as I feared it might be. They take some gameplay cues from Future Fight and have build a pretty fun little game. Still, Future Fight << Avengers Alliance, which is the game this most closely hews to.
With a name like DC Comics Legends, I think of Marvel Ultimate Alliance and X-Men Legends.

Then I get sad.
But not bulletproof?
When Rogue originally bad-touched Carol Danvers back in the day, she got some of Carol's OG power set, which permanently imprinted on her. This gave her flight, super strength, and invulnerability a.k.a. she can take some hits. Including bullets.

Problem is that I'm really unclear as to how her power set works now. Last I recall, sometime before Remender's Uncanny Avengers, she had all of her powers and minds purged from her. By the end of the run, the only mind she had within her was Simon a.k.a. Wonder Man. I'm unclear if that's still the case, but the current Uncanny Avengers does have her with the same flying brick powers she had before.
Same artist as Venom Space Knight? Looks like it.

That was an odd looking book but not a bad looking book.
That's Sandoval, who jumped on for the last few issues of Space Knight (assumedly to help lead it in to this upcoming book). I can't remember who it was previously, but it was an almost diametrically opposed art style.

8bit

Knows the Score
The main person that I've seen is Joseph P. Illidge (@JosephPIllidge) making the argument with people like Andy Khouri (GA, JLA, and Suicide Squad editor), Gail Simone, Tommy Lee Edwards, and some other creators and people joining in.

Having read through his timeline I'm not really sure of the point he's trying to make. He should form a band.

Getting back to this if I were to rank my buys it would come in a healthy 3rd behind the greatest comic of all time and Rumble.

Manifest Destiny #24
Rumble #15
Black Hammer #4
I Hate Fairyland #10
Spread #17
Horizon #4

Haha, I really need to give Manifest Destiny a look in at some point, if you genuinely rank it up there with Rumble. I Hate Fairyland for that matter too. I think the first volume release totally passed me by.

Having read through his timeline I'm not really sure of the point he's trying to make. He should form a band.

Haha, it just sounds like a guy on his soapbox. He have a few buzz words he runs back to but not much else to say. I thought this was half of why it's young animal & not vertigo. There's no argument to be made that he's replaced anyone, took anyone's job etc because it's a whole new imprint of a tight small number of books. Whether being a good writer makes you a good editor is kind of irrelevant, someone is paying him to do the job. Maybe the guy's beef should be with them, not the creative being paid to do the job. It's not really the point the guy is making, but I will agree that a legit good at his job editor is extremely important. I read a few comics that would be that much better with more input from the editor when to cut down on certain vices or weaknesses.

Me: "That's not something you want to do, is it? Wait, is that something you want to do?"
Her: "Well. I already know how to be a pirate. If I learned how to be a Jedi too...I could be a SPACE pirate."
Me: "Literally, the coolest thing you've ever said, right there."

Haha I love this. You just never know what's going to form in their head sometimes, or how they're going to approach something. Young minds are so unpredictable haha it's like "where did THAT come from" haha.

Thanks for the suggestion - it looks great! I'll pick up the first trade and see what I think :)

It dials the horror back a little and turned up the adventure, but it's still Bunn doing what Bunn does. The actual first ever issue was actually a FCBD thing so you can read that here if you're on the fence: Click. As a free book ,i think it was probably one of the best FCBD offerings I've ever got my hands on (which admittedly is not a great deal, but still).

Think I'll pick up this 4 volume Conan The Avenger run DH just finished up recently. Van Lente on writing and Brian Ching of current Supergirl fame on most the art. Looks great and the reviews were high, higher than Brian Wood's run.

Mindwipe

If Way turns out to be rubbish at editing then the imprint will fail. So what are they complaining about?

The same (clumsy) argument that Way didn't have to "pay his dues" probably applied to him becoming a writer too, but it turned out he was pretty good at it. And there are lots of people who have become comic writers who were famous in other mediums and turned out to be fucking awful, who therefore never came back.

And let's be frank here. If the work ends up good, people will not give the slightest shit.

Was anything worth grabbing in the Death of Wolverine sale?

I wonder what mutant is going to be announced as coming back in time for the final Jackman Wolverine movie...

/s

Sandfox

Was anything worth grabbing in the Death of Wolverine sale?

I wonder what mutant is goingto be announced as coming back in time for the final Jackman Wolverine movie...

/s

By the time ResurrXion comes around that movie probably won't be in theaters anymore.

Read a bunch of stuff over the weekend but the only one I feel like talking about is:

Earth 2 Society

The book has been pretty meh for a while but with the book now heading toward Rebirth it entered into a great mix of mystery, creepiness, and potential. I really liked this recent issue. Not much really happened but it worked well to get me excited for it leading to their Rebirth. It's handling it a lot better than Batman Beyond where I was just wishing it'd hurry up and wondering how they would deal with it. With this book the mystery of where it's going and how it's doing has gotten me a lot more excited for the rebirth coming up, whereas before I was just waiting for things to be changed up.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 3

Reprints: Amazing Spider-Man #68-104

Most Recent Print Edition: First Print
Original Release Date: May 17, 2017

MIKE MCKONE (REGULAR COVER) ISBN: 978-1-302-90408-1 • List Price: $100.00

GIL KANE (DIRECT MARKET COVER) ISBN: 978-1-302-90452-4 • List Price: $100.00

VARIANT PRINT RUN: TBA

920 Pages

Collection Editor: Cory Sedlmeier

Written by Stan Lee with Roy Thomas

Pencils by John Romita, Gil Kane & John Buscema

Cover by Mike McKone

Direct Market Cover by Gil Kane

Introduction by TBA

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Farside

Unconfirmed Member

Manifest Destiny #24
Rumble #15
Black Hammer #4
I Hate Fairyland #10
Spread #17
Horizon #4

dont-believe-you.gif

Li Kao

Yesterday I read comics ! It was mostly shit. I don't know why I care so much
(in fact I know).
1602 WITCH HUNTER ANGELA #3
A-FORCE #4
AGE OF ULTRON VS MARVEL ZOMBIES #3
ANT-MAN LAST DAYS #1
INFINITY GAUNTLET #4
OLD MAN LOGAN #4

The good one was Ant-Man, the rest was at best forgettable.
The worst was easily Old Man Logan. I mean there comes a point where when you are wasting trees to print this drivel you are basically an ecological threat.

I really need to figure a way to 1/ not read everything and its mother 2/ skip issues to catch up with you guys.

Read a bunch of stuff over the weekend but the only one I feel like talking about is:

Earth 2 Society

The book has been pretty meh for a while but with the book now heading toward Rebirth it entered into a great mix of mystery, creepiness, and potential. I really liked this recent issue. Not much really happened but it worked well to get me excited for it leading to their Rebirth. It's handling it a lot better than Batman Beyond where I was just wishing it'd hurry up and wondering how they would deal with it. With this book the mystery of where it's going and how it's doing has gotten me a lot more excited for the rebirth coming up, whereas before I was just waiting for things to be changed up.

There's going to be a Earth 2 Rebirth??

TheFlow

Banned
Are we going to do best issue of the month this month? If we do can we do it by each company instead Messi/freeza/ who ever makes the next thread.

Also not to be that guy but Tizocs transformers guide is soo good and relevant it should be in the op for next month

Edit: just suggestions

I really dislike the stylistic choice of putting your comics title logo as a piece of text in dialogue (or any other similar application, like writing the characters name in a logo-esque way). I sort of read it as if the character is suddenly shouting the and being cheesy and it completely takes me out of reading the comic.

I'm on the first page of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps and had to post this.

I really dislike the stylistic choice of putting your comics title logo as a piece of text in dialogue (or any other similar application, like writing the characters name in a logo-esque way). I sort of read it as if the character is suddenly shouting the and being cheesy and it completely takes me out of reading the comic.

I'm on the first page of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps and had to post this.

I'm only fine with it if it's on the first or last page. Almost like a header or ending, similar to Flash's "I am the fastest man alive". Any other time than that and it would bug me.

Are we going to do best issue of the month this month? If we do can we do it by each company instead Messi/freeza/ who ever makes the next thread.

Haha, you think we'd give up the reigns after one month?

FYI, Harley Quinn wins book of the month for the next six months.

I'm still chewing my way through the campaign, but will probably dig into it tonight.

Well I'm on uk time man but I could really do with some bros on this haha the class stuff is amazing and works well but it really opens up casual play with randoms to being more of a shit show haha. You enjoying what you've played so far? Campaign doesn't win any awards but I really liked it.

Squirrel Gal, Black Panther, one more issue of The Vision...?

Am I forgetting something?

I thiiiink you maybe mentioned an Aaron book last time but still haha not that I'm much different. Still a few I want to try though. Moon knight, black widow and the power man iron fist book.

Top Bottom