• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Image January 2017 Solicits

The highlights are Manifest Destiny with a very fast turnaround on a new arc and other stuff.

BIRTHRIGHT #21
BLACK ROAD #6
BLACK SCIENCE #27
DEADLY CLASS #26
DRIFTER #16
EAST OF WEST #31
THE FIX #8
KILL OR BE KILLED #5
MANIFEST DESTINY #25
MOONSHINE #4
MOTOR CRUSH #2
NAILBITER #28
REVIVAL #46
SAGA #42
SHUTTER #26
SOUTHERN BASTARDS #17
SURGEON X #5
VIOLENT LOVE #3
THE WALKING DEAD #162
WAYWARD #20
THE WICKED + THE DIVINE #25

HORIZON #7 is also a possibility but I still don't like it's chances.

tim1138

BC/Richie Rich is talking to some comic shop owners (likely only the 4 closest to him) and they all tell him NOW! in just it's 2nd week has been a bomba.

A local shop posted on their FB page last week they're on the verge of going under due to high orders and low sales over the past couple weeks. Of course them getting into a position where a couple of weeks of bad sales could run them out of business is a whole different discussion entirely.

A local shop posted on their FB page last week they're on the verge of going under due to high orders and low sales over the past couple weeks. Of course them getting into a position where a couple of weeks of bad sales could run them out of business is a whole different discussion entirely.

High orders to get variants etc is probably slowly killing shops. Returnability helps determine hom many actually want a book.

The royal family and core group of Nuhumans are cool enough IMO.

The Royal Family:
Lockjaw
Medusa
Black Bolt
Ahura
Crystal
Luna
Karnak
Gorgon
Triton
Maximus
Reader

The NuHumans:
Naja
Iso
Flint
Inferno
Frank McGee
Panacea
Grid
Swain
Ms. Marvel
Mosaic

The Young Inhumans:
Tonaja
Dewoz
Nahrees
San
Alaris
Jolen

There's book potential right there.

Marvel doesn't care about classic anymore. they are setting up legacy/new characters.

WhyNotDoBoth.gif

Also, no joke though, those characters do not have lives outside of the Inhuman books. They don't guest star in Spider-Man stories, or even Ms. Marvel stories. Or anywhere.

It's like, I don't think Ryan North or Erica Henderson are expecting a life outside their book for Koi Boi or Chipmunk Hunk. I don't know why you'd think Mr. Rocks or Blindo and Doggy would be any different.

The Royal Family:
Lockjaw
Medusa
Black Bolt
Ahura
Crystal
Luna
Karnak
Gorgon
Triton
Maximus

The NuHumans:
Naja
Iso
Flint
Inferno
Frank McGee
Panacea
Grid
Swain

The Young Inhumans:
Tonaja
Dewoz
Nahrees
San
Alaris
Jolen

Other:
Reader
Ms. Marvel
Ana Kravinoff

Tell me this is a fucking joke.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So I came back from my friend's wedding only to discover that my PSVR still has not arrived because Amazon sent it to the wrong carrier. All they could tell me is that if it doesn't show up by Wednesday ( a full week after it was supposed to arrive) I could request a refund.

I'm very annoyed.

TheFlow

Banned
The Royal Family:
Lockjaw
Medusa
Black Bolt
Ahura
Crystal
Luna
Karnak
Gorgon
Triton
Maximus
Reader

The NuHumans:
Naja
Iso
Flint
Inferno
Frank McGee
Panacea
Grid
Swain
Ms. Marvel
Mosaic

The Young Inhumans:
Tonaja
Dewoz
Nahrees
San
Alaris
Jolen

I rest my case.

QUOTE=BenjaminBirdie;220397941]WhyNotDoBoth.gif

Also, no joke though, those characters do not have lives outside of the Inhuman books. They don't guest star in Spider-Man stories, or even Ms. Marvel stories. Or anywhere.

It's like, I don't think Ryan North or Erica Henderson are expecting a life outside their book for Koi Boi or Chipmunk Hunk. I don't know why you'd think Mr. Rocks or Blindo and Doggy would be any different.

Tell me this is a fucking joke.[/QUOTE]
Marvel does just enough to make the old people happy, and does a decent job of refreshing classics, but ANAD was a step in the right direction.

so yea they do both

I still haven't played any Horde. Beat the campaign and put some hours into Versus though. Really enjoying it. I was going to pick up BF1 but I think I'll wait until next year now.

Yea I could see gears as a whole package lasting me a good while in terms of.online play. That combined with horizon 3 should scratch my various itches through the holiday.

Black Monday murders and kill or be killed being 4 issue trades makes me debate going digital sales over trees.

Huh. I didn't catch that actually. Doesnt stop me being excited and if that's how the books have been paced but yea. At least at Image that's still 120pgs of story.
Is Low ending or going on hiatus?

Tocchini probs needs the time.

Trees is a pretty good series, too. :3

I really like Jason Howard. I enjoyed Trees more than Injection too.

mreddie

Time for the Danger ZONE post!

loggins_-_danger_zone_single_cover.png

121 Thunderbolts 5 18,229
122 Squadron Supreme 11 17,842
124 Spider-Woman 11 17,743
129 DC Comics Bombshells 17 DC 16,685
139 Scarlet Witch 10 15,388

Time for the Danger ZONE post!

loggins_-_danger_zone_single_cover.png

121 Thunderbolts 5 18,229
122 Squadron Supreme 11 17,842
124 Spider-Woman 11 17,743
129 DC Comics Bombshells 17 DC 16,685
139 Scarlet Witch 10 15,388

Bombshells does most of their sales on CMX. That book is as safe as it can be.

You forgot a few books further down like Hellcat btw. Most of the cancelled books are below the line as well but they're already dead so...

mreddie

Bombshells does most of their sales on CMX. That book is as safe as it can be.

You forgot a few books further down like Hellcat btw. Most of the cancelled books are below the line as well but they're already dead so...

Hellcat, Moon Girl and SG make their sales digitally or trade and apparently, all are safe bets to continue on.

Everything else either got Rebirthed or about to end anyway.

Messi

those all belong there but spider-woman being there got me like
vader.jpg

I assume you don't read Bombshells which is why you think it should be there. It's easily one of DC's best current books. Also It does most of its sales digitally as this is just a print version of stuff that was out months ago on Comixology.

TheFlow

Banned
I assume you don't read Bombshells which is why you think it should be there. It's easily one of DC's best current books. Also It does most of its sales digitally as this is just a print version of stuff that was out months ago on Comixology.
pls stahp

Top Bottom