• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2016. Capes, Crime, Bondage, and sometimes Overwatch.

A local shop posted on their FB page last week they're on the verge of going under due to high orders and low sales over the past couple weeks. Of course them getting into a position where a couple of weeks of bad sales could run them out of business is a whole different discussion entirely.

What shop was that?

Nvm. Figured it out. Arcadian.

mreddie

FLy8ZTJ.gif

TheFlow

Banned
Bruh, pls. I'm just trying to peel apart the complex psychological onion that you represent.

What drives a "you mad bro" post? An inarticulate 2 word "response?"
but here you are still? yea you ruffled

Dude, grow the fuck up. No one enjoys reading you post like this. It's actively trying to disrupt conversations.
what conversation? you and poodle are having a pissing contest with me over what exactly? you guys choose to reply back everytime further disrupting the flow of the thread.

Messi

"Opinion" implies that you've actually given it thought. And maybe you have, but the way you respond makes you sound like a child or an idiot.

No he is just shitting on a book he has never read because he knows it will get a reaction. I don't care if he hates it. It's his dismissive attitude and shit posting that bothers me.

TheFlow

Banned
"Opinion" implies that you've actually given it thought. And maybe you have, but the way you respond makes you sound like a child or an idiot.

he said it was the best. I can say nah without the thread turning into a flamewar.

No he is just shitting on a book he has never read because he knows it will get a reaction. I don't care if he hates it. It's his dismissive attitude and shit posting that bothers me.
a pls staph was enough to rattle you? grow up

Of course I'm here! Where better to study the shitposter but in their natural environment? Truly a fascinating specimen.
? ok

Messi

he said it was the best. I can say nah without the thread turning into a flamewar.

a pls staph was enough to rattle you? grow up

You don't need to post anything. Your post was worthless and added nothing. What was the point of it?

"easily one of the best"

Try reading next time.

TheFlow

Banned
You don't need to post anything. Your post was worthless and added nothing. What was the point of it?

yet here you are posting more?

You didn't say that tho. You said "pls stahp." It's an impressively childish impulse, considering you could have just moved past it.
same way you guys could of moved past dragging out another flame war o_O. Be the change you want to be. we aren't even discussing comics at this point.

Messi

but why are you? a rational poster wouldn't be taking things this far.

what question? please stop

"easily one of the best"

Try reading next time.

but why are you? a rational poster wouldn't be taking things this far.

what question? please stop

Taking things how far? Discussing with you the rationale behind shitposting? I don't see why not, it's worth discussing, especially with as prolific an example as yourself.

TheFlow

Banned

"easily one of the best"

Try reading next time.

you replied to me with your thoughts? so I gave you mine.

Taking things how far? Discussing with you the rationale behind shitposting? I don't see why not, it's worth discussing, especially with as prolific an example as yourself.
this is a shitpost. bravo

pretty much. or am I not allowed to speak about books I haven't read ;)
From what I read of Bombshells I don't think it's the best but if it's someone else's than I'm not gonna get mad about it. The book exist for someone and that's cool.

Also Doom Patrol is the best DC book.

Messi

pretty much. or am I not allowed to speak about books I haven't read ;)

why would you have an opinion about a books quality that you haven't read? I don't talk about the quality of writing in black panther as I don't read it.

Have some respect for your fellow posters. What you did was wrong.

TheFlow

Banned
From what I read of Bombshells I don't think it's the best but if it's someone else's than I'm not gonna get mad about it. The book exist for someone and that's cool.

pretty much. it clearly has an audience here and that is cool. not my cup of tea though

why would you have an opinion about a books quality that you haven't read? I don't talk about the quality of writing in black panther as I don't read it.

Have some respect for your fellow posters. What you did was wrong.
all I said was "pls staph" lol. clearly showing I have no interest in the book. respect goes both ways. When I can post without shitstorm then you will earn it. That is all I will type regarding this matter.

Disengaging from (and ignoring) TheFlow before I get banned... fundamentally, I think there's a difference between saying "I'm not interested in a book I haven't read," and "I think this book (that I haven't read) is garbage and if you like it I want you shut up." The former is fine. Not everybody is interested in every book. Going out of your way to shit on and shut down a title you freely admit to not having so much as considered is another ball game. Does nothing but engender hurt feelings for no particular goddamn reason.

Messi

Disengaging from (and ignoring) TheFlow before I get banned... fundamentally, I think there's a difference between saying "I'm not interested in a book I haven't read," and "I think this book (that I haven't read) is garbage and if you like it I want you shut up." The former is fine. Not everybody is interested in every book. Going out of your way to shit on and shut down a title you freely admit to not having so much as considered is another ball game.

Essentially this. In the latter case I wouldnt bother posting anything tbh. Never feel the need to shit on books I don't read.

TheFlow

Banned
And had you said that before instead of being a jerk about it, everyone's day would be that much better for it.

shit got out of hand rather quickly pretty much describes this page. I will refrain from using "pls staph"

Disengaging from (and ignoring) TheFlow before I get banned... fundamentally, I think there's a difference between saying "I'm not interested in a book I haven't read," and "I think this book (that I haven't read) is garbage and if you like it I want you shut up." The former is fine. Not everybody is interested in every book. Going out of your way to shit on and shut down a title you freely admit to not having so much as considered is another ball game. Does nothing but engender hurt feelings for no particular goddamn reason.

Jake-Gyllenhaal-Thank-You.gif

So I just finished re-reading the "Faith in Monsters" first arc of the Warren Ellis run on Thunderbolts and goddamn. I love it.

Question is, I was trying to think of something to read as a follow up, that might have the same level of dialogue and action, and I'm kind of at a loss.

Any suggestions?

TheFlow

Banned
So I just finished re-reading the "Faith in Monsters" first arc of the Warren Ellis run on Thunderbolts and goddamn. I love it.

Question is, I was trying to think of something to read as a follow up, that might have the same level of dialogue and action, and I'm kind of at a loss.

Any suggestions?

Warren is one of the GOAT but if don't mind something a little bit simpler may I recommend.

Captain America: Sam Wilson and Steve Rogers. Jack flag and spirit also show up in the later.

How much is it now?
80 bucks. packaging is not that good, but still.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B4NLML2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Owzers

We're an incredibly divided thread folks and if Messi and Freeza are allowed to make the next thread, there might not even be a comics-gaf anymore. This is our last chance, what the hell do you have to lose? Give Sillymon...Owzers a chance. I will never let you down.

Top Bottom