• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Disabling gifs and adding everyone with an anime avatar to my ignore list has made Comics GAF a better place. It's literally me and that other dude talking to each other.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Disabling gifs and adding everyone with an anime avatar to my ignore list has made Comics GAF a better place. It's literally me and that other dude talking to each other.
this-is-fine.0.jpg

Gifs I'll give you but I'm actually having trouble finding a single anime avatar within the last several pages

Unless you're using a really broad definition of "anime?"

Such a tragic comedy

At your service, my lord.

Gifs I'll give you but I'm actually having trouble finding a single anime avatar within the last several pages

Unless you're using a really broad definition of "anime?"

I had to go back and review. You're right. Maybe I'm still ignoring people based on their legacy. I cannot forgive past anime avatar usage.

Doesn't matter what Comics GAF says. Doesn't matter what the manchildren or the NEETs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we reject anime trash, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the GAF mob and the mods and ModBot tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move.”

At your service, my lord.

I had to go back and review. You're right. Maybe I'm still ignoring people based on their legacy. I cannot forgive past anime avatar usage.

Doesn't matter what Comics GAF says. Doesn't matter what the manchildren or the NEETs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we reject anime trash, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the GAF mob and the mods and ModBot tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move.”
For a couple of seconds I was moved by your speech.

Very much feel the same man, although I haven't picked up volume 3 yet. I've really really enjoyed the run so far though, and the Rebirth batgirl hasn't had nearly the same reception. Have you read any of Fletcher 's black canary yet? I love the wedding issue where
Dick
shows up, I like the character work done in that issue between the two.
Yeah, that was definitely one of my favourite scenes as well.

I haven't checked out Black Canary yet at all. The art kinda put me off. How was it?

Yeah, that was definitely one of my favourite scenes as well.

I haven't checked out Black Canary yet at all. The art kinda put me off. How was it?

I liked it! I probably prefer batgirl and definitely gotham academy in their little corner, but I still really liked it and there nice little references and call outs to the other two books. I really liked the art and the colours though so worth considering that. The plotting isn't as well executed as batgirl but I still thought it was a lot of fun. It has a REALLY wacky plot if you like that kind of thing haha.

If you want a sketch from your favorite artist always pay them, unless they specify they would do it for free. Never do shit for free if you got talent. I don't understand why some people still don't get that.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
If you want a sketch from your favorite artist always pay them, unless they specify they would do it for free. Never do shit for free if you got talent. I don't understand why some people still don't get that.

They're entitled cunt's.

Any examples come.to mind man? Thinking of maybe starting a few manga, doesn't have to be contemporary or anything, just any favorites where you'd say the writing was as good as thw art. I always wanted to check out Pluto, but otherwise I have no real plan of where to start.

Pluto is good yea. Vinland Saga is probably the single best art/story combo I'm reading right now that's ongoing. That's a fairly serious story and I'd honestly recommend that if your trying to start with some manga.

If you want a classic with great art, 20th Century Boys. That's an all time great and honestly, one of the best stories I've read across manga/comics.

In my dreams, Marvel steals Tomasi and puts him on ASM

He immediately restores the marriage and they start trying for a kid. He stays on the book for ten years and writes a saga.

Pluto is good yea. Vinland Saga is probably the single best art/story combo I'm reading right now that's ongoing. That's a fairly serious story and I'd honestly recommend that if your trying to start with some manga.

If you want a classic with great art, 20th Century Boys. That's an all time great and honestly, one of the best stories I've read across manga/comics.

That's awesome. Just looked up Vinland Saga and spotted historical fiction, which iis awesome, and I'm a big fan of Viking history and folklore ha! Was a big fan of Northlanders back in the day at Vertigo. This looks like something worth pursuing. I'll have a look at 20th century boys too. When I say start them I probably mean christmas/new year, I'm just going to start a list for now on books that get mentioned. I still have comics to catch up on and then its christmas saving time, that'll nuke me until december >_< I already bought the boy his first console this year, but still, it won't be cheap, never is.

You should try Jojo, Berserk and Attack on Titan.
Also try Girls of the Wilds.

Hey man sorry for the ignorance, I meant to respond to this too, I will keep a note of these too.

In my dreams, Marvel steals Tomasi and puts him on ASM

He immediately restores the marriage and they start trying for a kid. He stays on the book for ten years and writes a saga.

Everything sucks now that this is not a thing.

You should try Jojo, Berserk and Attack on Titan.
Also try Girls of the Wilds.

I've read Jojo and Berserk (hiatus though). AoT isn't my jam, and I'll try out Girls of the Wilds.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Preview looks awesome, would love to see him do some time on Batman or TEC, really great artist, although I'm not sure how double shipping would treat him

Agreed, lots of line work, but restrained, not like Jim Lee.

Nightwing #5 was good, too. Except the panel of Gotham Girl's face towards the end. Looks rushed as hell.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Horizon #3: Finally getting some interesting details about the characters and Earth's knowledge of aliens, but I might drop it... anyone else care to comment on the issue or series?

Hagi

Lots of nice HCs of Vinland Saga on amazon, christmas listing some of this shit

Do alot of Manga get the HC treatment like that?

Not really guess it depends on how much money they want to spend and if there is a similar HC already out in Japan.

You should give Vagabond a try if you are interested in Vinland Saga, The art is gorgeous and it's really interesting following the life of Miyamoto Musashi.

Not really guess it depends on how much money they want to spend and if there is a similar HC already out in Japan.

You should give Vagabond a try if you are interested in Vinland Saga, The art is gorgeous and it's really interesting following the life of Miyamoto Musashi.

Noted man, I'll keep a track of that. I'm interested in historical stuff, obviously I expect that to ebb into historical fiction but that's cool. Probably look for any really really good horror, or any that make use of japanese folklore. I really just want to read the best of the best though ha.

Hagi

Noted man, I'll keep a track of that. I'm interested in historical stuff, obviously I expect that to ebb into historical fiction but that's cool. Probably look for any really really good horror, or any that make use of japanese folklore. I really just want to read the best of the best though ha.

hmm look up the works of Junji Ito if horror is your thing. Uzamaki fucked me up.

Top Bottom