• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Duress

I slowly became digital without realizing it. It was that one digital comic purchase that started it. Be wary! WHAT MONSER HAVE I BECOME?

Sou Da

You know your event is good when other writers are going out of their and wasting issues to try and fill plotholes for you, Bendis.

:v

Doctor Strange?
Apparently the Rocket and Groot comic made fun of Bendis today using Gwenpool who hates him.

Oh and Captain Hydra reveals Ulysses can be wrong(Hydra lady wasn't Hydra and Banner wasn't experimenting on himself) and Cap has been messing with things to implicate others instead of people finding out about him.

Sou Da

Apparently the Rocket and Groot comic made fun of Bendis today using Gwenpool who hates him.

Oh and Captain Hydra reveals Ulysses can be wrong(Hydra lady wasn't Hydra and Banner wasn't experimenting on himself) and Cap has been messing with things to implicate others instead of people finding out about him.

Aye, this.

Sam Wilson today was really good though.

Apparently Constantine quotes the poem the Watchmen's title came from today:
The morning comes, the night decays, the watchmen leave their stations;
The grave is burst, the spices shed, the linen wrapped up;
The bones of death, the cov’ring clay, the sinews shrunk & dry’d,
Reviving shake, inspiring move, breathing! awakening!
– William Blake, America – A Prophecy.

ElNarez

Banned
Apparently Constantine quotes the poem the Watchmen's title came from today:

Nice catch, but that is goddamn sneaky. You put the biggest, most obvious The Police reference ever to say "SEE I KNOW HE'S BASED ON STING", and wham bam, I don't see that shit. Pretty good.

All of this is more interesting than the actual CW book has been.

Every week I wonder who the "add all to cart" button on the CMX new releases page is for

Couldn't find Sentient this morning, which is too bad. Looked cool. Plenty of other stuff to read though.

Looks like we're starting to get sneak peaks at the WW 75 issue:
hwug7.jpg

MG310

ElNarez

Banned
god damnit nick spencer you're gonna pull the good captain america book (sam wilson) into the shit of the bad captain america book

fuck I guess I'm done reading Cap books then

Sou Da

god damnit nick spencer you're gonna pull the good captain america book (sam wilson) into the shit of the bad captain america book

fuck I guess I'm done reading Cap books then

Man, the issue was still good and I'm not seeing any of the hydra plot in here.

kmfdmpig

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're introducing a new version of Bumblebee as Steel's niece. At least, I think that's where they were going in Superwoman #2.

A different niece or Natasha? If it's Natasha that seems like a bit of a waste as she's had her own story/powers.

Owzers

Short/long boxes are the worst. Best case scenario: eventually your mistakes are worth money and you can sell some runs. Most likely scenario you never reread your floppies because if you actually liked something a lot you'd have bought the OHC/omnibus later instead of pulling out issue by issue from their bags and boards to read through them again.

kmfdmpig

Short/long boxes are the worst. Best case scenario: eventually your mistakes are worth money and you can sell some runs. Most likely scenario you never reread your floppies because if you actually liked something a lot you'd have bought the OHC/omnibus later instead of pulling out issue by issue from their bags and boards to read through them again.

That's another benefit of digital - no more storage nonsense. I still have so many comics from when I was a child, I'm glad I'm not buying many more physical comics.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're introducing a new version of Bumblebee as Steel's niece. At least, I think that's where they were going in Superwoman #2.
No, that was a sort of joke about the time Lana got powers and became the Insect Queen in the golden age IIRC.

I have a Batman TPB question. Guess this is the best place to ask.

I'm wanting to read the death of Bruce, Dick becoming Batman with Damian Robin, and then that run of Batman and Robin. What trades to do I need to get to cover the death and Dick becoming Batman parts?

Huh, didn't know my shop required a $10 minimum for credit purchase. I guess I'll get OPM Vol. 6 along with Snotgirl. Did anyone buy Jill Thompson's Wonder Woman?

Top Bottom