• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Hagi

The job was to expand on the batshit scenario presented in the main book and I think for the most part they achieved that fine. I'm glad they went the way they did for the tie ins, best handled event I can think of.

I was super hyped for this but man the direction Remender took with Pym just soured me on the whole book. Can't say I'd ever had that kind of reaction to a book before.

Reminds me that I still have that Waid Spider-man and the X-men graphic novel to read they brought out around the same time.
It's an incredibly strange ending for sure, and while it isn't the best book I've read, I still really enjoyed it. Although Pym was especially mopey

Other than Siege, I think all the tie ins were pointless.
Not all of them. The intention was to have a bunch of fun side stories to actually reflect the state of the MU. I made a list of all the tie-in stuff that has come into ANAD earlier, but I'll just do it again:
-A-Force, Old Man Logan, X-Men '92, and Renew Your Vows all are/have gotten ongoings/minis.
-Old Man Logan was explicitly to tell how he got from his timeline to current 616.
-Thors showed Ultimate Mjolnir making it in to 616
-Attilan Rising actually set up for the current Inhumans situation, with Medusa as queen and Black Bolt having his own set-up with the Quiet Room
-Siege obviously had Thanos making his play for the Shield and convincing Ben to rebel in the main story

That's the ones I remember and only from the ones I read.
Any of you guys ever read the Poison Ivy Cycle of Life and Death miniseries? Thinking about getting the trade.

My friend read it, and he really likes Poison Ivy, but he thought it wasn't good. Not terrible, but definitely not good.

Hagi

It's an incredibly strange ending for sure, and while it isn't the best book I've read, I still really enjoyed it. Although Pym was especially mopey

I had just came off from Avengers A.I and was all "huh...you're doing this?" it just didn't feel natural to where Hank was and even then on the whole I didn't enjoy the writing too much. Maybe I should read it again see how I feel about it now.

I thought they might do something interesting with PymTron in Avengers but it just turned to the most obvious route. I think this whole thing should have been a bigger deal than it was, missed opportunity.

I had just came off from Avengers A.I and was all "huh...you're doing this?" it just didn't feel natural to where Hank was and even then on the whole I didn't enjoy the writing too much. Maybe I should read it again see how I feel about it now.

I thought they might do something interesting with PymTron in Avengers but it just turned to the most obvious route. I think this whole thing should have been a bigger deal than it was, missed opportunity.

It probably would have had Remender stayed at Marvel.

Sandfox

Not all of them. The intention was to have a bunch of fun side stories to actually reflect the state of the MU. I made a list of all the tie-in stuff that has come into ANAD earlier, but I'll just do it again:
-A-Force, Old Man Logan, X-Men '92, and Renew Your Vows all are/have gotten ongoings/minis.
-Old Man Logan was explicitly to tell how he got from his timeline to current 616.
-Thors showed Ultimate Mjolnir making it in to 616
-Attilan Rising actually set up for the current Inhumans situation, with Medusa as queen and Black Bolt having his own set-up with the Quiet Room
-Siege obviously had Thanos making his play for the Shield and convincing Ben to rebel in the main story

That's the ones I remember and only from the ones I read.

My friend read it, and he really likes Poison Ivy, but he thought it wasn't good. Not terrible, but definitely not good.
-
Inferno Madelyne Pryor
in ANXM
-Red Wolf
-Captain America 2099
-Ultimate End had like one page worth reading for story purposes

I get what they mean though lol.

Tomorrow we're getting a Sony conference.

We all gonna suck sony's dick more than usual round GAF

Knack 2 muthafuckas

I'm ready for the Overwatch sequel.

-
Inferno Madelyne Pryor
in ANXM
-Red Wolf
-Captain America 2099
-Ultimate End had like one page worth reading for story purposes

I get what they mean though lol.
It's hard to say it's pointless when things actually come of it. The ultimate intent was for fun stories, which is what most, if not all, the ones I read were.
Imagine a new Ultron event that doesn't suck.
The only Ultron-related story I recall ever reading before RoU involved the Avengers crew going back in time and fighting Jocasta. Cap had his energy shield that could also turn into a staff, and Tigra was also part of the team.

Sandfox

It's hard to say it's pointless when things actually come of it. The ultimate intent was for fun stories, which is what most, if not all, the ones I read were.

The only Ultron-related story I recall ever reading before RoU involved the Avengers crew going back in time and fighting Jocasta. Cap had his energy shield that could also turn into a staff, and Tigra was also part of the team.

By pointless I think they mean the books didn't directly tie into what the 616 characters were doing, though it was already mentioned that it was done like that for a reason, and you could argue in favor of books other than Siege in that regard.

By pointless I think they mean the books didn't directly tie into what the 616 characters were doing, though it was already mentioned that it was done like that for a reason, and you could argue in favor of books other than Siege in that regard.

Even then, some of them did. Thors also did, as it had the process of Jane causing the uprising, which we don't get to really see in the main book.

Vyer

I just finished Omega Men.

Question: Is Kyle's faith something that's been focused on recently? I fell off GL for a most of New 52 and I don't remember it being a big part of the character previously.

I just finished Omega Men.

Question: Is Kyle's faith something that's been focused on recently? I fell off GL for a most of New 52 and I don't remember it being a big part of the character previously.
Much like his Hispanic heritage, his faith in Catholicism was never explored until this comic.

MG310

Went through and tried to sort/catalog all of the blank covers I've accumulated over the past few years. Feel like I have a few more stashed somewhere. Think I'm missing some of the GI Joe's with the retro cover and Finch Wonder Woman that got super cheap. I know there's a few of those Harley gallery variants around here too.

A-Force 1
Ant-Man 1
Armor Wars 1
Avengers (Mighty) 5
Avengers New #1 (Illuminati) 2
Batgirl 4
Batman : Detective Comics 26
Batman '66 6
Batman (All-Star) 10
Batman & Robin Eternal 1
Batman Superman 5
Black Panther 1
Black Widow 1
Bucky Barnes: Winter Soldier #1 3
Captain America (All New) 8
Captain America Vol. 7 #1 5
Captain Marvel 2
Conan/Red Sonja (bad paper) 1
Daredevil #1 3
Dark Souls 5
Deadpool (Secret Secret Wars) 1
Defenders 1
Defenders Fearless 2
Dr. Strange 1
Elektra 1
Fantastic Four 41
G.I. Joe #1 12
G.I. Joe #208 2
Ghost Rider 1
Green Arrow 2
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Gwenpool 1
Hail Hydra 2
Harley Quinn – Valentine's Day Special 9
Harley Quinn & The Suicide Squad 18
Harley Quinn #0 3
Harley Quinn Invades Comic Con 27
Howard The Duck 2
Hulk (Incredible) 5
Hulk 1
Infinity Gauntlet 4
Inhumans (Attilan Rising) 3
Invaders All-New 5
Iron Man (Invincible) 10
Iron Man (Superior) 2
Iron Man 3
James Bond (bad paper) 1
Jem & The Holograms 11
Judge Dredd 3
Justice League of America #11 15
Justice League of America #7 1
New Avengers #1 (Heroic Age) 3
Penny Dreadful 2
Power-Man & Iron Fist 4
Princess Leia 1
Punisher 1
Red Sonja (bad paper) 5
Rocket Raccoon 2
Secret Invasion 3
Secret Six #1 1
Secret Wars 16
SHIELD 10
Spider-Gwen (Blue Logo) 1
Spider-Gwen 3
Spider-Man : Renew Your Vows 2
Spider-Man: Amazing #1 10
Spider-Woman #1 3
Star Wars (Annual) 2
Star Wars #1 1
Star Wars Lando 1
Street Fighter Unlimited 25
Superman #32 2
Swamp Thing 2
Teen Titans #8 7
Thor (The Mighty) 5
Thor (The Mighty) (Red paper) 6
Thor #1 1
Thunderbolts #20 4
Ultimates 1
Uncanny Avengers #1 1
Walking Dead 5
Wolverine (All New) 1
Wolverine & The X-Men 24
Wolverine Vol. 4 #1 (Yellow logo) 3
Wolverines 14
Wonder Woman #36 13
X-Factor (All New) 5
X-Force Cable and 5
X-Force Uncanny #1 3
X-Men (Retro logo) 14
X-Men #1 6
X-Men Amazing #1 1
X-Men Legacy 10
X-Men Uncanny Vol. 3 #1 2

Total 514

Went through and tried to sort/catalog all of the blank covers I've accumulated over the past few years. Feel like I have a few more stashed somewhere. Think I'm missing some of the GI Joe's with the retro cover and Finch Wonder Woman that got super cheap. I know there's a few of those Harley gallery variants around here too.

God damn. Do you actually get sketches on these or do you just collect the covers

MG310

God damn. Do you actually get sketches on these or do you just collect the covers

I get sketches on them depending on the artist...some people don't like working on them due to the paper used on some of them...some just prefer their own paper.
Dynamite's covers are the worst and I wouldn't subject anybody to using them. Waxy glossy bullshit that fights pencils pens and markers. Marvel's have gotten much better from around AvX forward.

Ross61

Man, Doom Patrol plus the other Young Animal titles.And all those DC mini's. And Hanna-Barbera. DC really killing it by the end of the year.

Yo, I'm not sure how this works..... but does Didio have to go ask permission to use other Warner Bros properties?

Tizoc

ComicGAF post if you're OK
Morning guys.

I am not able to post artworks and 3D modells out of resepect for my source, but I will give you the little information that I have.

Indeed, WB Montreal is working on two games right now.

Suicide Squad, in which they go help from Rocksteady.

- is a brawler
- you create your own avatar, grow it out, with tiers of rewards
- many characters to choose
- coop-action
- Borderlands esque

targeted for 2017 release.

Next game is the Damian Wayne game.

- has been greenlit last summer
- 10 years in the future (I think our future from 10 years now, not quite Batman Beyond)
- Bruce is old and has a beard
- harness on his leg
- uses a walking stick
- is mentoring Damian Wayne to be the new Batman
- Damian has a Batbike
- lots of great characters and also new ones, lot's or redesigns, like Black Mask being a female
- Dick's in it, has a shaved head
- some other villains are Flamingo, Poison Ivy and White Rabbit(old, looks like a granny)

Game is starting to roll in production, so we might no see it for a while, but I am very excited.

Speculation:

Schreier had written on Twitter that a lot of developers want to go the route of announcing a game and releasing it shortly after, like Fallout 4. It's up in the air when we are going to see Suicide Squad, let alone that Damian game.

EDIT: These games are not labeled Arkham, so this is probably an alternative continuity!

ComicGAF post if you're OK

Jesus.....at least it didn't say anything about grappling tanks up building to press switches.

giphy.gif

I agree.

My favorite ongoing at the moment.

OVerall, or just in terms of Marvel? Did you not read the lazarus spoilers? xD

Sandfox

Wow, that's a pretty tall order man. I had it down to check out from the positive impressions anyway, but now you got me even more interested. Haven't read anything by Walker before.

This is just my personal opinion and I don't want people going into the book expecting Saga or something lol. You should definitely check it out though.

This is just my personal opinion and I don't want people going into the book expecting Saga or something lol. You should definitely check it out though.

Haha, yea, fair enough. Also - BUSTED. I went to use our HANDY DANDY list of QUESTIONNAIRES from last month for a little more context on what you read man, and guess what - you didn't do it!!! You get to fight deathstroke in a climactic tank battle for this.

there's nothing climactic about fighting fucking tanks :mad:

Sandfox

Haha, yea, fair enough. Also - BUSTED. I went to use our HANDY DANDY list of QUESTIONNAIRES from last month for a little more context on what you read man, and guess what - you didn't do it!!! You get to fight deathstroke in a climactic tank battle for this.

It's really hard for me to write up my favorite series. I like PM&IF because:
-The dynamic between Luke and Danny is great
-The bok can be funny at times
-The story is good and can tell serious stories, while still being fun
-I'm a big fan of the art
-Cool cameos from old characters

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me

Sandfox likes the X-Books. Especially Uncanny X-Men because he's a huge Greg Land fan.

Top Bottom