• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Lol in response to why are people being negative about Damian

I like Damian, and he is a bit of a dick. the most common reason for the dislike I've seen is because he's a dickhead.

Edit: clearly don't like him enough to spell his name correctly. oops.
Well he's not the leader of Teen Titans yet...

Though him being a dick and just going "I'm gonna take over the Teen Titans" totally makes sense.

Damian is pretty great.

this is pretty much what I thought the new TT series was going to be.

I like Damian, and he is a bit of a dick. the most common reason for the dislike I've seen is because he's a dickhead.

Edit: clearly don't like him enough to spell his name correctly. oops.

this is pretty much what I thought the new TT series was going to be.

Haha not how you put it over there though, was it. I'm gonna be honest man, I thought it was a pretty good encapsulation of some of the inane posts, but it was nothing personal, I picked it at random. But you didn't seem to know much about the character with the batman comment, and the push thing was strange, because he's been around for years now.

Respect for comimg in and standing your ground though.

Haha not how you put it over there though, was it. I'm gonna be honest man, I thought it was a pretty good encapsulation of some of the inane posts, but it was nothing personal, I picked it at random. But you didn't seem to know much about the character with the batman comment, and the push thing was strange, because he's been around for years now.

that's true haha it was a flippant comment I didn't put much thought into. the push comments was based on my reading of other damian threads on here. seems like that's what people get annoyed about, how true it is or not. i read back and it does come across as my own opinion lol my bad.

that's true haha it was a flippant comment I didn't put much thought into. the push comments was based on my reading of other damian threads on here. seems like that's what people get annoyed about, how true it is or not. i read back and it does come across as my own opinion lol my bad.

Doesn't matter, I write stupid things ever day. You read many comics? We can recommend things. We even have questionnaires.

Also, cheers for the continued thoughts on Black Science guys, reading them all. I almost refuse to believe Remender could be any less subtle or more on the nose btw. Unless he just shipped the pitch doc with the literal premise and themes accompanying haha (basically what the foreword for some of his books are tbf).

a large part of the appeal is basically still seeing all the different dimensions they travel to and how wonderfully they're depicted visually.

The current arc is losing me again though.

This is definitely the biggest draw, right? Scalera is incredible on the book.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Invincible Iron Man #13 - I can't wait for Tony to go do his own thing elsewhere and this becomes a Riri book.

Doesn't matter, I write stupid things ever day. You read many comics? We can recommend things. We even have questionnaires.
i was reading a bunch of marvel books until CW2 started then fell off. haven't read anything of rebirth, yet but thinking about jumping into it. paper girls and tokyo ghost are what i'm reading at the minute

So many people want Dick to be Batman while failing to realize how it goes against his character. Not to mention there was like only one good story with him as Batman.

People who want Dick as Bats just go read Earth 2.

I actually forgot he was Batman in Earth 2 until it recently became a story point. In my defense the art for him without the cowl was atrocious.

Messi

I've always loved this Frank Quiltely page

Screen+Shot+2013-03-01+at+10.21.56+AM.png

Everyone thinks they want DickBats. And then after a couple of issues the novelty wears off and you want him to return as Nightwing.

You're definitely not speaking for me, but I appreciate your sentiment. I want to see Dick as Batman as much as I want to see Bruce as Batman. The Black Mirror is an incredible story, and didn't give me the impression that everything that could be mined had been when it ended. I enjoyed the Black Mirror more than the whole of the new 52 Nightwing run and the volume of Grayson I read, that's for sure. Of course, it's all relative, and that gets back to wanting to see him as much as Batman as Bruce, and that means totally, or not at all for both. It depends on a good writer who is inspired by the change-up and embracing both Dick being his own Batman while also juggling the change from Nightwing which is taking the mantle oppose to shrugging it off for being his own thing. Same logic is of course applied for whether I want to read Bruce Wayne stories at all.

I wouldn't say ANY setup with anyone as batman is something that would work or want, but I dont agree with your assessment either. I think the concept and mythos are more flexible than that, for both batman and Dick in particular.

Ohhh yeah that was the other thing lol.

Liked the book, but there were things that kind of took me out of the story a bit.

The only thing that took me out of the story was the fill-in artist on #4. It wasn't bad but it was clear the artist couldn't imitate Bagenda's panel structure.

Owzers

what's a good comic to read on the day you come to terms with Trump being our next president? I'm feeling like people need to get this figured out asap.

Owzers

lmao holy diablos

i'm well past diablosing my internet friend, i've seen the future and it is Trump. He couldn't even answer the question that his own hype man fed him yesterday at his foreign policy fake whatever. Are you for regime change in Syria? Trump responded by repeating his answer about the iran nuclear deal that he JUST GAVE two or so questions ago but added a bit about Kerry on a bike and General Flynn responded, after Trump's lengthy nonsense, with "great", because when you sign up with the Trump train you roll with it.

Final Crisis might get a reread. If they had All Star Section 8 on a cmx sale i'd look into it. I think i'd only read half of Final Crisis and just stop when people start to think Darkseid gets things done and tells it like it is. Where's this Life Establishment gotten us so far? Everything is awful, it's time for an anti-life outsider to get a chance.

How much chance is there that Trump will get voted btw? Real question. I'm Scottish so pretty far removed from this stuff. It seems like a joke? But I can't tell. We have our fair share of political facepalms right now.

Owzers

How much chance is there that Trump will get voted btw? Real question. I'm Scottish so pretty far removed from this stuff. It seems like a joke? But I can't tell. We have our fair share of political facepalms right now.

It depends how much Hillary coughs over the next two months.

Aquaman was dope but Abnett knows Arthur should have gotten that work. And damn Black manta doesn't give a shit.

Cyborg Rebirth was really good and a much better start than David Walker's run. I'm now not gonna read this out of obligation like I did with that run but because I'm actually interested in the events that are transpiring. The dialogue is a bit weird and I can't put my finger on why but it doesn't really detract much. And the art is gorgeous. And dude already has some interesting dynamics being set up. Too bad no one will get the cliffhanger unless you read the previous run.

ElNarez

Banned
I'm into Cyborg Rebirth if only for the second to last page, because
acknowledging the existence of The Engineer in tyool 2016
is valuable to me.

Top Bottom