• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

God I'm so behind. On the thread and on comics. For instance I just read Saga 37

THIS PANEL
http://imgur.com/a/uniPX
GyirgPo.gif

:(

Also,
TxMbGrM.gif

ComicGAF post if you're OK
In what way is SS Borderlands-esque? I also don't buy the Damien game. The SS one has been rumored and hinted at since Arkham Origins.
Damian is the son Bruce always wanted, while Dick is the son he never wanted.
This is garbage
I haven't read enough of his stuff or even UXM so I can't compare the level of tracing lol.

I say liars because back in the day he actually drew and was quite solid as well. Drew an entire Huntress/Nightwing mini.

UXM is not the best work of Land's career, but it is easily his best work in fifteen years.

But that's not saying much since ALL of his Marvel work is fucking garbage

Sandfox

In what way is SS Borderlands-esque? I also don't buy the Damien game. The SS one has been rumored and hinted at since Arkham Origins.

This is garbage

I say liars because back in the day he actually drew and was quite solid as well. Drew an entire Huntress/Nightwing mini.

I was joking with that Dick/Damian comment lol.

UXM is not the best work of Land's career, but it is easily his best work in fifteen years.
People read comics back then?

I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of casual Dick and Tim fans suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

w312G0X.gif

It lost me after 10 or so issues and I really have no desire to go back. The art is nice, but it's not one of Remender's best, IMO. It's probably the most Valiant-tier book of Remender's Image work.

Godworld was a weak arc, I don't think it will win you over if you're having doubts.

Cool cool. Maybe I'll drop off for now, come back later. I still have the first three volumes sitting here anyway. I already read Deadly Class, Low & Tokyo Ghost but this is the one I get most meh about. With Seven To Eternity starting soon, need to keep a grip on the numbers. I think I'm reading more Remender books right now than any other writer, and he's not even one of my favourite creators.

I never really understood the love for Bulletstorm and I'm a big Gears fan. All I can remember is some of the dialogue. Nothing else left an impression.

I never really understood the love for Bulletstorm and I'm a big Gears fan. All I can remember is some of the dialogue. Nothing else left an impression.

Haha that would be why! The gameplay was about as far away from gears as you get. Fast paced arcade combo system, each encounter is whatever puzzle you make of it to see how high you can get your score and how creative you can be.

Plus you kill dicks

I think this is the first time in a couple months I'm mostly caught up on my books by Wednesday.

Saga

Don't do it!

New Wolverine Annual

Oddly, I really liked this dumb pointless story.

Weird Detective 3

I was worried this was going to suck after loving the first issue and not caring for the second but this issue was pretty good.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
any harm skipping the last 2 Thor volumes and jumping right into Thor: Goddess of Thunder?

need more female led books in my life

I honestly don't get those dudes Games-Gaf. Call the game shit all because they don't like Damian. It's just sad.

Haha this is why I almost never post over there for actual discussion. Therss way too many posters, so everyone can just babble shit. I have my own problems with arkham knight but the series in general is awesome really solid gameplay.

TheFlow

Banned
Damian game sounds terrible plot wise.

Dick is bald? Him not wanting to be batman that I understand but bald? come on honey

Morrison X-men omni, Thor OHC and Secret Wars TP all look nice. Probably hold off on buying them, already went over my budget this month and still have a backlog.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Guys. When I catch up on my image books. Do I reaaally want this?

My biggest question mark right now. Do I go further into the onion or is it time to shut this down?

That is probably my least favorite arc from any title I'm currently reading. The arc that comes after has been some weird silly fun though.

arkon

Guys. When I catch up on my image books. Do I reaaally want this?

My biggest question mark right now. Do I go further into the onion or is it time to shut this down?
The arc is basically character work for Grant based around one of Remender's favourite topics and also some comeuppance for one character. It was enough to get me back in tune with it but a large part of the appeal is basically still seeing all the different dimensions they travel to and how wonderfully they're depicted visually.

The current arc is losing me again though.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
The arc is basically character work for Grant based around one of Remender's favourite topics and also some comeuppance for one character. It was enough to get me back in tune with it but a large part of the appeal is basically still seeing all the different dimensions they travel to and how wonderfully they're depicted.

The current arc is losing me again though.

Yeah it took by far the least likeable character in the book and dedicated 4 shitty issues to jumping inside his head. All it did was making Grant even more annoying than he already was. It also took Rememder's lack of subtlety to an all new level.

Top Bottom