• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeaaaa iron fist, that's right. I was being pretty tongue in cheek about that tbf. Like I do like it but I do know it's a guilty pleasure, I was very much agreeing with everything you said man.

You should get back on the tower man I absolutely love that series. None of them are my favourite pure King novel (although the gunslinger is up there) but as a series, they are absolutely phenomenal and really go places. It's worth the time investment to read through them. I'm kind of rereading them as I got to them in the bibliography order, but this time I'm reading all the connected books by extension too, the talisman etc, really amazing.

I'm actually getting a new Kindle to try to get back into reading more. I should get back on that.

Owzers

I hope redbox has Cap civil war tomorrow on blu ray, best buy is charging $28 for the steelbook, $23 for the dvd combo, and $20 for just the blu ray. I demand better first week pricing.

Owzers

Predator is one my favorite movies. I miss that kind of team movie, though not sci-fi-ish-creature-ish, we get trash like Expendables. I'd rather see The Deplorables opening on November 8th.

Never seen Predator. Didn't like Alien.

1453267456-69571c00ea66e7813043fe52a93ebca1.gif

But seriously, try Aliens. It's more of a straight action movie than a suspenseful sci-fi horror.

Predator is one my favorite movies. I miss that kind of team movie.

Where a group of buddies watch each other get killed off one by one?

I'm actually getting a new Kindle to try to get back into reading more. I should get back on that.

Haha well I'm supremely bias but I'd definitely recommend it man. It's the kindle that got me reading again. I was reading very sporadically about ten years ago, actual novels that is. After my partner got me the kindle paperwhite I think it is, I began my kingathon and its been great. Joe Hills books are pretty cool too, discovered China Mieville's stuff.

Surprised to see the other day that Tom King, funnily enough, has a novel too. He put it out before he broke into the comics, it's a superhero thing too. Anyway, lots of great stuff, I don't have the time in the day to read all the novels I want.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Huge Alien/s fan. Predator? Eh.

9.14 Comics
All-Star Batman #2
Batgirl and the BoP #2
Doom Patrol #1 (Hope to grab the Bolland Variant)
The Black Monday Murders #2 (cannot freaking wait for this one)
Hadrian's Wall #1 (of 8)
Black Panther #6

Bought some stuff from IST: Low TPB #2 (why only four issues, fuckers?) and New Avengers TPB Trust as I am a huge fan of Yu's art and haven't read it.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Surprised to see the other day that Tom King, funnily enough, has a novel too. He put it out before he broke into the comics, it's a superhero thing too. Anyway, lots of great stuff, I don't have the time in the day to read all the novels I want.

I've definitely been meaning to get King's novel, but I'm on a fantasy kick at the moment. I've basically ignored all non-Harry Potter/other YA fantasy, but my recent D&D kick has gotten me interested. I'm checking out Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller series first based on a podcast's recommendation, but I'm definitely open to more suggestions if anyone has some.

TheFlow

Banned
first one was the better one.

second one is good for expanding the lore, but the violence is overthetop in this one.

think predator 2 is the most goriest of all the movies.

Bought some stuff from IST: Low TPB #2 (why only four issues, fuckers?).

I know, the first trade is quite thick too, so it's a bit of a comedown. You'll enjoy that is there at least!

I've definitely been meaning to get King's novel, but I'm on a fantasy kick at the moment. I've basically ignored all non-Harry Potter/other YA fantasy, but my recent D&D kick has gotten me interested. I'm checking out Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller series first based on a podcast's recommendation, but I'm definitely open to more suggestions if anyone has some.

Haha I'm more of a horror and crime guy so I haven't got a ton for you. Discworld? I love those, but that's definitely fantasy and comedy, maybe not what you're looking for. The witcher books are good enough, the sword of destiny, the last wish and all that.

Messi

And $7 more than Vol.1...

Most Vol 2s for image are 15$ with Vol 1 being $10.

Deadly Class, Saga, Lazarus, Revival, Chew volumes are all 5 issues.

Fairly sure Low was an outlier as the arc was only 4 issues and Vol 1 was 6 issues. No? Low Vol 3 is 5 issues.

I could never complain about the price of length of image trades, by far the better bang for their buck amongst all the other publishers I have bought books by. First trade usually around £5, the rest £7-8. Nice thick trades almost always, that low vol. 2 is a real exception I feel they always strive to give you a lot for the best price, especially given the quality of the paper, the binding. They match the old Vertigo trade prices and blast them in quality (I read very few vertigo books to judge now).

Rereading the god butcherer via the OHC I got. In my veeeeeins, book is so good. The art really thrives in this edition too.

smisk

Not yet. Shopping around, though. Wait a few months, because the prices are going to come down by Christmas. Also HDR sets are the way to go. You get much better color ranges on those.

As far as the current TVs on the market, LG is supposedly the best maker.

I'm moving in October and planning on getting a new TV. Strongly leaning towards an LG OLED 4K TV. I found one for ~$1700 over the weekend but didn't pull the trigger and now it's back up to $1900 -_-
Hopefully there'll be another sale in the next few weeks.

Sandfox

You'd think after Secret Wars, they would prepare this time...NOPE.

The initial delays for CW2 were due to Marquez having a kid, so I would imagine the issues here are different from the issues that plagued Secret Wars. I would personally like to see them cut back on events after IvX and Clone conspiracy though.

mreddie

The initial delays for CW2 were due to Marquez having a kid, so I would imagine the issues here are different from the issues that plagued Secret Wars. I would personally like to see them cut back on events after IvX and Clone conspiracy though.

IvX has two parts. TWO!

At least Clone Conspiracy seems consistent with Slott knowing how to write.

Top Bottom