• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Messi

I don't think you know how much of a Marvel fanboy he is. He loves Marvel the way Slott loves Spider-Man.

Oh sure, I realize this. I just don't see the benefit of having him be exclusive. I have no problem with him writing whatever he likes at Marvel. As a consumer I don't like seeing people be exclusive. People being exclusive means I will never get to see Sejic do a killer Ivy or Harley story (the one we recently seen the bones of) because he signed up at Top Cow. Its fustrating. I get the appeal for creatives but as a consumer nah.

There are benefits to being exclusive, but I'm not sure if they interest Coates given his other successes.

This is what I meant. I am not trying to disrespect any person or company.

Debated picking up the full Morrison run on Doom Patrol, but I've decided against it. Big backlog I'm still working through and I'm not really into the mood for another Morrison rabbit hole.

List!
All-Star Batman #2
Detective Comics #940
Doom Patrol #1
The Fix #5

Messi

The Fix Vol 1 is out this week. Its only 4 issues.

giphy.gif

Is Batman #620, the start of Azzerello and Risso's Broken City the first big Batman story that Azzerello wrote? I just started it and I'm like why haven't I heard of it before. First issue was solid and especially the intro, is one of the best intros to a Batman story by a writer. For example.

Perfect explanation of his Gotham and his Batman in almost poetic way. Then you get through the rest of the issue and you think it's solid. But alas, I have 5 more to go and I've never seen this story recommended or even mentioned before. So now I'm imagining it's going to develop in to something mediocre. Time to keep reading.

Messi

Accidentally restored my ipad to a point before I bought my ipad pro and now I have lost all my comics. Sitting here downloading over 1k unread books. Fucking hell. As I sat watching the restore begin I realized...and I was like:

giphy.gif

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Accidentally restored my ipad to a point before I bought my ipad pro and now I have lost all my comics. Sitting here downloading over 1k unread books. Fucking hell. As I sat watching the restore begin I realized...and I was like:

giphy.gif

That suuuuuuuucks.

Sandfox

There are a lot of things I would like to see change about how comics are sold, but the way things are now for the most part makes more business sense unfortunately.

Messi

Guys, that's why it's called a wait.

Is that from CMX? Because the downloads are horrendous for me with that service. One issue takes like 3-5 minutes sometimes.

I used to have that problem but not so anymore. But yes. These are downloading from my local comic shop Comixology. They opened a store right in my bed.

VanWinkle

I used to have that problem but not so anymore. But yes. These are downloading from my local comic shop Comixology. They opened a store right in my bed.

Right now it's my Manhunter shop. Although the 1-issue-per-week thing is kind of ridiculous so I will probably buy the trades soon.

It's a reverse trade wait.

Laekon

Hey Comic GAF. I've never really been able to get into superhero comics but I do like sic-fi. I recently saw some stuff about the The Incal and Metabarons that made me want to give them a shot. Are these a good place to start with graphic novels and does the order of reading them matter? I'll probably only get one off Amazon to start with just to see how it goes.

The Waid and Del Mundo book.

Really looking forward to seeing the art on this one. Some of the layouts in Elektra were incredible. Interested to see what Del Mundo does with such a big book.

Is Batman #620, the start of Azzerello and Risso's Broken City the first big Batman story that Azzerello wrote? I just started it and I'm like why haven't I heard of it before.

For some reason, it's been perpetually out of print tradewise for a long time, so that's probably why. I don't really understand why though. Would like to check it out one day but what can yo do if they won't reprint it,

Why has Comicbook Resources not a single Comicbook headline on their website?

Rhetorical asked of course...

I keep finding myself looking at bleedingcool for some reason, I think because CBR is such an eyesore now. Sad times.

Owzers

Ahhhhhh yeah titans, waking up randomly at 4am and remembering to check to see i redbox has Civil War blu ray in stock has paid off. It's Movieing Time.

Now how am i going to fit in watching a movie tonight...

Top Bottom