• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

In Ireland? Rain and plenty of it. I'm glad because I can't sleep in humidity at all, though since I got the new spray I can actually breathe through my nose properly now.

Job interview tomorrow. Bricking it, really want this job.

Sweet what's the opportunity?

Old man logan. The wastelands. The world has moved on. Lol. Just a little inspired by the dark tower I see.

Tech support at the national bus company.

Well good luck man!

Enjoyed old man logan volume 1. A very quick read, and it doesn't measure up to some of the other books I've read over the last week but I think that's as much to do with there only being 4 issues there than anything else, and it really just hangs off where extraordinary xmen kicks off. I'll keep going with it, the art is really cool and the original premise is swept away quite quick, interested to see where it goes.

The mark millar issue in the back just served to remind me how crass and gross a writer he is.

I keep saying that I hate things that Donnie likes, I didn't want him to think me a complete misanthrope.

Hahah well I only said I might check it out because I enjoyed the characterisation, I've not read it so I couldn't say I like it man. We're good! Plus I fucking loved the vision vol 1 so we've got that in common haha.

Why what else do you hate that I like haha? Aaron, Hill, Snyder, brubaker?

Not......Mignola.

Not Stephen King. These two would break my heart.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Hahah well I only said I might check it out because I enjoyed the characterisation, I've not read it so I couldn't say I like it man. We're good! Plus I fucking loved the vision vol 1 so we've got that in common haha.

Why what else do you hate that I like haha? Aaron, Hill, Snyder, brubaker?

Not......Mignola.

Not Stephen King. These two would break my heart.

Haha, It might have just been Andrews' Iron Fist, but I didn't want to start a pattern.

I do like Mignola, I do like Stephen King, though it's been a while. I read a bunch of his earlier stuff, including The Stand for the first time, but then I fell off about halfway through the third Dark Tower book.

Same to yourself, friend.

Let's hope we both get what we want.

QkOHTfa.png

Haha, It might have just been Andrews' Iron Fist, but I didn't want to start a pattern.

I do like Mignola, I do like Stephen King, though it's been a while. I read a bunch of his earlier stuff, including The Stand for the first time, but then I fell off about halfway through the third Dark Tower book.

Oh yeaaaa iron fist, that's right. I was being pretty tongue in cheek about that tbf. Like I do like it but I do know it's a guilty pleasure, I was very much agreeing with everything you said man.

You should get back on the tower man I absolutely love that series. None of them are my favourite pure King novel (although the gunslinger is up there) but as a series, they are absolutely phenomenal and really go places. It's worth the time investment to read through them. I'm kind of rereading them as I got to them in the bibliography order, but this time I'm reading all the connected books by extension too, the talisman etc, really amazing.

Top Bottom