• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Another Brubaker newsletter already. I like these regular, they're like little personal reminders in my inbox that a new Bru trade.is coming out. Velvet volume 3 fuck yea!

Oops, top of the page. Anyone who reads doom patrol and loves it, if you haven't already, check out the umbrella academy books! Fantastic work by Way (without even getting started on the art by Ba and Moon)

Also remember to
preorder two months in advance several copies at a time
pick up the new series of Gotham Academy so I can keep reading the trades.

Also last edit but does anyone NOT READ Dr Strange at this point that feels like they want to?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
latest

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Teens love pointless drama, I lived it. I made a habit of starting pointless shit. I don't think Runaways is gonna be enough to get people to sub to Hulu.

I'm a big Runaways fan and I still haven't decided yet. I just don't need a second streaming service. And if I did get a second one I'd prefer Prime over Hulu.

tim1138

I'm extremely disappointed in myself for not making the Blue Condor connection to
Black Condor of the Freedom Fighters
in the first issue of New Super-Man.

Ross61

Just read Superman #6. Fantastic ending to a great opening arc. And it was funny when I realized Superman had on True Religion jeans.

I just drank some pumpkin spice late from Starbucks and I am feeling jittery as hell. I don't normally get a kick from even the heaviest caffeinated drink.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Animosity is still real good.

All-Star Batman still feels very strange and out of continuity, but is sort of a fun who's who of C-List Batman villains.

Re: Marvel vs DC
Personally I haven't read anything in either Rebirth or ANAD that absolutely wowed me. They both have enjoyable books (particularly liking Green Arrow) but nothing that's reached the heights of Sheriff of Babylon or The Fix, which are my two favorite books currently. Black Panther has probably come the closest, and I've also enjoyed the Marvel Star Wars stuff.
I'm also liking Civil War II though I haven't paid for an issue yet.

Is Vision considered ANAD? Cause that book is amazing.

I also like Sam Wilson Cap cause that book keeps it real.

Quite a big week for me as well, though I've cut down on a few titles. I didn't end up buying any books last week so they carried over.

All Star Batman #2
Batman #6
Black Panther #6
Detective Comics #940
Doctor Strange #11
Poe Dameron #6
Wonder Woman #6

Final issue of Darth Vader preview before Marvel announces whatever else Gillen is doing for them. Wow, tons of variant covers. It and Champions must have the most covers this year not counting Harley and Batman.

Oh yessss. I need that Samnee variant.

You know, I'm betting the first true Rebirth event will be
people trying to break into Mr. Oz's place and finding out what he's hiding in his vaults

I'm looking forward to it, really really enjoyed vol.8, and it left off in a pretty exciting way. That jock issue too. I think all my favourite batsnyder stuff has been when he's adding new toys to the box.

That Jock issue is one of the best in Snyder's entire run. Loved his art and it was pretty hard-hitting as well.

Malyse

CW2 could have been conceptualized as AvsI.

Also, Romeo is so goddamn smooth in All New Xmen 13.
All New Inhumans on the other hand....

Interesting they specifically denote Vertigo alongside the exclusive. You don't get that often these days.

I think they've brought it up on most of the writer signings lately. With the writer of Flash they even announced a title he will be writing on Vertigo. I think it was Frostbite or something like that.

I think they've brought it up on most of the writer signings lately. With the writer of Flash they even announced a title he will be writing on Vertigo. I think it was Frostbite or something like that.

I've totally missed that. We were talking about it a few days ago in fact, how exclusive to DC or Marvel has almost became simply *don't work for the opposite* creators have been going where they like as far as their own work is concerned. I wonder if they got those contracts sorted out (allegedly the most offputting part about putting your own book out under Vertigo)

Totally off topic but in case any of you are computer whizzes, I dropped a question that's stumping me off in the gaf build a pc thread, if anyone knows anything about coil whine, I could use the help. No worries though.

Top Bottom