• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS |OT| September 2016. Comics Should Be Good.

Went and got some physical copies of DP #1. Looks like it's a sticker, not a like plastic thingie like the original.

EDIT: Easily removable and reapplicable tho

So am I the only one still reading Batman Beyond?

Spoilers regarding Tec 940 and most recent BB
I'm wondering if Future Tim disappearing will somehow play into the whole Tim/Oz thing.

You know, I love retailers, always will, but they are supremely let down by current print standards. Dull colors, spotty detail, thin pages. I honestly don't know how they get away charging money for them. With digital at least I understand, you have a permanent, hi res, perfect edition of the work of artisans. Print comics have none of those advantages. It's really disgraceful. It's heartening that people like Fiffe still give a shit. An issue of Copra is a sturdy, gorgeous work of art.

You know, I love retailers, always will, but they are supremely let down by current print standards. Dull colors, spotty detail, thin pages. I honestly don't know how they get away charging money for them. With digital at least I understand, you have a permanent, hi res, perfect edition of the work of artisans. Print comics have none of those advantages. It's really disgraceful. It's heartening that people like Fiffe still give a shit. An issue of Copra is a sturdy, gorgeous work of art.

He is an artisan in an industry of cutthroats.

Honestly, I think it's just the industry's way of pushing everyone toward digital. There's way more profit in it than having to print and ship physical media.

I'm sure LordOf.....OH

Didn't recognize the new avatar.

Just call him Other Messi. I do.

So I've relatively recently started getting into comics, primarily Batman. I've read The Killing Joke, Knightfall, and am currently working through A Death in the Family. I've enjoyed reading all of them.

So my question for you, Comic-GAF, is what other Batman storylines should I keep an eye out for? Finished arcs are preferable, but I'm not opposed to getting into a current arc if it's really good/shows promise.

I'm also not opposed to other superheroes either, so if there's storylines from other characters that are must reads I'm willing to give them a shot.

Thanks in advance

So I've relatively recently started getting into comics, primarily Batman. I've read The Killing Joke, Knightfall, and am currently working through A Death in the Family. I've enjoyed reading all of them.

So my question for you, Comic-GAF, is what other Batman storylines should I keep an eye out for? Finished arcs are preferable, but I'm not opposed to getting into a current arc if it's really good/shows promise.

I'm also not opposed to other superheroes either, so if there's storylines from other characters that are must reads I'm willing to give them a shot.

Thanks in advance

My favourites:
- The Long Halloween
- Year One
- Court of Owls - the entirety of Snyder and Capullo's run is worth reading though
- The Black Mirror
- Grant Morrison's Batman run (Batman and Son to Batman Inc.)

Messi

My favorite page from Ann Nocentis fever dream of a Catwoman book

snapshot-78739545.jpg

iModem

Banned

Thanks in advance

Streets of Gotham

My favourites:
- The Long Halloween
- Year One
- Court of Owls - the entirety of Snyder and Capullo's run is worth reading though
- The Black Mirror
- Grant Morrison's Batman run (Batman and Son to Batman Inc.)

Streets of Gotham

Gotham Central! A complete run, absolutely brilliant and takes the less explored road to batman. I second the court of owls/black mirror/Snyder stuff too, great modern run.

Sounds like some good starts. Thanks!

So my question for you, Comic-GAF, is what other Batman storylines should I keep an eye out for?

Thanks in advance

Gotham Central! A complete run, absolutely brilliant and takes the less explored road to batman. I second the court of owls/black mirror/Snyder stuff too, great modern run.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Went and got some physical copies of DP #1. Looks like it's a sticker, not a like plastic thingie like the original.

EDIT: Easily removable and reapplicable tho

I bought the Bollard cover and made the clerk tell me what was under the sticker.
Pocket Universe! Nice...

I also added the newest Detective Comics since it has implications for Rebirth.

Anyone read Morning Glories? Is it good, the premise sounds intersting.

I read the first five volumes. I really like Lost and it apes lost at almost every turn so there was some enjoyment that way, but the pacing caused me to drop off, i'll probably just wait until the entire thing is done and read it then.

I have some critical thought about trying to apply the type of story that lost told to a) the comics medium and b) to characters who are teenagers but won't get into that right now, I haven't reread in a good while and I wouldn't say I'm fresh enough.on all the details.

I'd say try volume 1 though and see if it floats your boat. They've completed 50 issues, apparently the aim is 100 so it's about half way through.

Anyone read Morning Glories? Is it good, the premise sounds intersting.

oh man. The art in that series is gorgeous. The problem comes with the story. It's a very very slow burn, even for a Nick Spencer book. You end up with more questions the further in you go. I think I stopped at around issue 34 or 35, and I still had very little idea what was going on at that point.

Ross61

Haven't read Doom Patrol yet, but are they're any references to the previous team that was in New 52 after Forever Evil.

There's another Gwenpool holiday special coming, but Gurihiru doesn't seem to be working on any parts of it.

Well that money was clearly stolen so the joke is on that Santa lol.

They won't know Santa's real identity. He can make small deposits to avoid suspicion.

Sandfox

This week's Gwenpool went in a direction I wasn't expecting and has me excited to see what the character goes through next.

Top Bottom