• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Comparing Ratchet & Clank (PS2) to Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

pixelation

Agreed on all points OP, soundtrack is rather bland so much so that i honestly cannot remember any track from the PS4 version (i can still however hear the Metropolis, Pokitaru and other tunes in my head from the PS2 version in contrast), them axing some of my favorite levels really did hurt (Orxon among others), some weapons got cut (Blaster, Walloper T_T), i much preferred the boss fight against Drek as well in the PS2 version.

I still love it though, and it's one of the most beautiful games i have ever seen.

If you can catch it on Netflix then maybe do that. I enjoyed the movie, thought it was fun and somewhat surreal to see these characters in movie format. Still have many of the same problems with the story of the film that I did with the plot in the game, so, disappointing on that front. Still, the movie gives a lot more context and whatnot to the things that go on in the story. They also further characterize the rangers too. I didn't think it was "good", but not "bad" as a kids flick. Just sort of mediocre.

Though, as a person who has always been a big fan of the series, I definitely found enjoyment out of it and thought it was worth watching.

DBT85

I can only comment on the remaster as I never played the original. But R&C at 4kHDR was amazing for me. I finished it 3 times back to back to get the plat, once seeing the credits twice in one day. I loved that game.

Top Bottom