• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Competitive Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion Thread

woodland

As much as I hate saying it, feels like Axe has been near his ceiling for awhile now. He always plays good enough to get pretty high (with a few upsets here and there), but always feels like he peters out against the usual crowd. Sucks cause I love seeing Pikachu up there.

As much as I hate saying it, feels like Axe has been near his ceiling for awhile now. He always plays good enough to get pretty high (with a few upsets here and there), but always feels like he peters out against the usual crowd. Sucks cause I love seeing Pikachu up there.

iff the comments about stuff like him not watching tapes are true, he's probably gonna have to fix up his training habits to go further.

FZZ

Banned

This is everyone in the top 11-7

I want to say this but its been almost a decade since the dominance of the gods

I think if anyone breaks through it'll be a new player and not someone who's been playing 5+ years

Plup is the most likely imo, he just needs to beat Armada but even then he's been playing a looong time

woodland

iff the comments about stuff like him not watching tapes are true, he's probably gonna have to fix up his training habits to go further.

Ah, that would make sense. I haven't been following the scene recently, but his play in this match just looked way sloppier than a lot of last year ;\ Need a year of Amsa/Axe lol

Ah, that would make sense. I haven't been following the scene recently, but his play in this match just looked way sloppier than a lot of last year ;\ Need a year of Amsa/Axe lol

that wasnt exactly his A game there

yeah its weird, being a sub to his stream, hes always playing whacky characters like ganon etc
its all in good fun but it would be nice to see him playing seriously once in a while

FZZ

Banned
gen·e·sis
ˈjenəsəs/
noun
the origin or mode of formation of something.

WHAT THE FUCK YASON

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one that appreciates that Phil and HMW have been doing more top 8 commentary at majors recently? I like them a lot more than Toph and Scar.

Anth0ny

Am I the only one that appreciates that Phil and HMW have been doing more top 8 commentary at majors recently? I like them a lot more than Toph and Scar.

they're way better than scar and toph, and should call ever genesis top 8 out of respect

AND AS I POST THIS THEY'RE REPLACING THEM WITH SCAR AND TOPH WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

Pappasman

I actually like scar and toph paired up with other people, but together I'm not so hot on them anymore.

Scar and blur is the real worst commentary pairing.

This top 8 is fire so far though, great matches.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So far M2K Plup and Mango Armada have been good, the other two sets were kind of blowouts.

Getting to the predictable part now though, other than Mango Leffen.

Is there a Smash 4 competitive thread? Don't like watching Melee, but can't find one for that game.

no. or at least, not that i've seen as someone who watches both. i think the general smash community thread would have posters who watch smash 4 competitive.

EDIT: Plot armor might be activating here....

edit edit: or i jinxed it.

edit edit edit or i didn't plot armor confirmed

emb

Was really hoping for not Armada/Mango GFs. Guess it can't not happen. Leffen was doing so well too.

Regardless, that Mango/Leffen set, early contender for set of the year probably. So intense. n_n

Alright, so Plup out, Leffen out. All my hope is in M2K now.

Takyon

that forward smash by Mango on the penultimate dreamland stock. Did he somehow impact land? I have no idea how he got it so smoothly after hitting the platform.

xezuru

Top Bottom